User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey Jr. View Post
I still don't understand why they don't release a new album first. A huge box set with classics, rarities & unseen footage would also be nice.

But no
According to most of the press articles, that is what they are releasing.

I have a feeling that this release is going to be much more than just a Rumours re-issue. Everyone said that Stevie's Crystal Visions DVD was going to be footage that was already circulating, but in fact, it wasn't, and everyone was very pleased with it. So i'm not going to be too excited or too disappointed until more details are released.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

According to ticketbastard, the price range for the ACC show is...

CA $49.50 - CA $149.50

I'm gonna guess the 49.50 tickets mean I can sit in the parking lot and listen to them through speakers. And bring my own moose beer.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I havn't posted on the ledge in years...probably almost a decade. I signed up for the ledge since I became a fan in middle school right after the dance tour - sometime in 1998. I've been lurking ever since though, so I havn't missed a beat.

I just thought i'd chime in on this. I saw two shows on the SYW tour (buffalo and cleveland) and I caught lindsey in the fall at the HOB in Cleveland as well.

I think they are over the hill NUTS to think they are going to sell enough tickets in the upper price bracket to make this tour even remotely profitable. Not in this economy, no way. Especially in some of the markets they are playing. NYC metro and surrounding areas, sure those will probably be ok. But Rochester...Detroit....Albany....Pittsburgh!? They had trouble moving the 125.00 seats in buffalo four years ago.....now 150.00 in ra ra rochester? Dream on. I don't know - but i'm predicting some major back peddling. Plus who are they kidding - EVERY tour is a hits tour, sure they sprinkled in 3-5 new songs but then they cut them out within the first month of the tour. Sara and Beautiful Child don't count - the lightbulb in their heads to cover those should of gone off freakin decades ago..those should remain staples.

I know im totally preaching to the choir here and im definitely not suprised by this, I just though it would really be more efficient to lower the prices across the board so they can actually sell out these dates or at least get 95% capacity crowds.

I'm just amazed they all probably sat at a meeting and looked at each other and thought that many people were going to fork over 150.00 for a ticket, nevermind the lucritive all access deal for a 500.00 totebag and a laminated fake backstage pass look-alike? It's horse dong. I wonder if the band even knows themselves how much tickets are for this tour. Do they even know!?

I hope to see them on this tour...and I did pay for good seats in 04....but im going to have to be in the cheaper seats this time....and im not bitter about that and thats not why I've said what i've said. I just think they are crazy.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melacine View Post
My guess is that the "unseen" footage will be the backstage Japan footage that mostly already circulating.....

Shel
Well, since my copies are copies of copies, I guess even having that crisp and clear would be something to cheer about.

But since Crystal Visions was mentioned, I have to say if FM put their videos on DVD like Stevie did that would be worth the price of the CD/DVD and the concert, all by itself. And if they added audio commentary to their videos like Stevie did, as funny as they can be, that would be priceless.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 12-04-2008 at 01:17 PM..
Old 12-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

thank god they just made my week!!

is it ironic that they're starting the tour in my hometown? i think so.
and then my current hometown on the 10th?

It's like fate has decided to make up for the lack of shows available to me on lindsey's tour!!

Old 12-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Those (Hours of clear footage) are out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, since my copies are copies of copies, I guess even having that crisp and clear would be something to cheer about.
trust me on that I spent a few days (A few years back) transferring VHS tapes to DVD for a well-like "Ledgie", his collection of footage was the BEST footage I have seen in all the years of trading for FM material.

If the footage that is to be released is similar to that I transferred I think most will be very happy with the results.

Brian "To be a member of my family, one has to have a knack for catalogging and taking notes of historical factors...History buffs we may be..." j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 12-04-2008 at 01:49 PM..
Old 12-04-2008, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I think they are over the hill NUTS to think they are going to sell enough tickets in the upper price bracket to make this tour even remotely profitable. Not in this economy, no way. Especially in some of the markets they are playing. NYC metro and surrounding areas, sure those will probably be ok. But Rochester...Detroit....Albany....Pittsburgh!? They had trouble moving the 125.00 seats in buffalo four years ago.....now 150.00 in ra ra rochester? Dream on. I don't know - but i'm predicting some major back peddling. Plus who are they kidding - EVERY tour is a hits tour, sure they sprinkled in 3-5 new songs but then they cut them out within the first month of the tour. Sara and Beautiful Child don't count - the lightbulb in their heads to cover those should of gone off freakin decades ago..those should remain staples.

I know im totally preaching to the choir here and im definitely not suprised by this, I just though it would really be more efficient to lower the prices across the board so they can actually sell out these dates or at least get 95% capacity crowds.

I'm just amazed they all probably sat at a meeting and looked at each other and thought that many people were going to fork over 150.00 for a ticket, nevermind the lucritive all access deal for a 500.00 totebag and a laminated fake backstage pass look-alike? It's horse dong. I wonder if the band even knows themselves how much tickets are for this tour. Do they even know!?

I hope to see them on this tour...and I did pay for good seats in 04....but im going to have to be in the cheaper seats this time....and im not bitter about that and thats not why I've said what i've said. I just think they are crazy.
You totally nailed my thoughts here too. I was so excited at the thought of getting to see them again, I was planning a NYC trip in March anyway. Being able to combine a Mac show with my Manhattan trip is a dream come true. All that excitement totally melted into anger once I read the ticket price range though. It's beyond absurd, especially in this economy, and with no new material to tour behind. These guys must have the same damn idiot PR people as the big 3 automakers. Both are totally showing how out of touch and greedy they are during this time when us REAL folks are truly hurting. The Mac cash grab machine is up and spinning again indeed...
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ditto what BigAl84 said.

Who knows what the economic health of the country will be in March/April? Will people still be paying off their credit cards from Christmas?

I work in a town of about 50,000. I get about 5-6 people a day dropping off resumes seeking a job because they've been laid off. The local task force solitics food dontations because the shelves are dangerously low.

But what do I know? I thought people would stay home on Black Friday....and instead it was the same shark feeding frenzy. Maybe a Mac tour will have the same response....
Old 12-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
You totally nailed my thoughts here too. I was so excited at the thought of getting to see them again, I was planning a NYC trip in March anyway. Being able to combine a Mac show with my Manhattan trip is a dream come true. All that excitement totally melted into anger once I read the ticket price range though. It's beyond absurd, especially in this economy, and with no new material to tour behind. These guys must have the same damn idiot PR people as the big 3 automakers. Both are totally showing how out of touch and greedy they are during this time when us REAL folks are truly hurting. The Mac cash grab machine is up and spinning again indeed...
I'm going to disagree here a bit.

Granted, I don't want to pay those prices either. But, it's not an outrageous rate for big-named acts, even in this economy. And, die-hard fans like us want the new stuff. I don't think most casual fans do. They do want Rumours on perpetual repeat. It's what made them fans, and what keeps them fans and allows them to remember their glory days. I really think that's absolutely true, so I don't even think the marketing is all that bad. It's a bit nauseating, to me, because I could totally do without even one song from Rumours, but not to the general public.

And I did a little trek through ticketmaster out of curiosity:

The Eagles are charging $185 as their top price (multiple venues). I think I actually paid $195 when they hit NY last year.

I just went over and did a search for the Mellon arena in Pittsburgh.
Britney Spears (yikes!) is charging $125 for her top ticket in the "regular" arena but is offering packages up to $600!

Neil Diamond--Worcester, MA--$120.

Neil Young-Auburn, MI-$178

Go to any Broadway play in NY and you pay $125 and up per ticket.

Yeah, there are a few acts (Metallica) who charge about $89 for the top ticket but they are pretty rare.

It's not right. Prices are awful, but I actually really didn't expect it to be any cheaper. It's the going rate and the Mac are in this for the money. They aren't even pretending to be in it for much else this time (well, not yet, anyway). I think they'll get it. If not, the 16 shows may be a wake up call, or a "put the old girl down" call. What I am pretty sure of is that it's a "trial balloon" and what happens during these shows will determine the course of the rest of the tour (if there even is one).
Old 12-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

But since Crystal Visions was mentioned, I have to say if FM put their videos on DVD like Stevie did that would be worth the price of the CD/DVD and the concert, all by itself. And if they added audio commentary to their videos like Stevie did, as funny as they can be, that would be priceless.

Michele
That would be awesome!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool The thing with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Yeah, there are a few acts (Metallica) who charge about $89 for the top ticket but they are pretty rare.
Metallica is that for the buck one gets multiple acts (Currently Lamb of God and The Sword) and Metallica for about 2 hours, and of course you get the audio version of the show you attended from the code you are presented when one purchases a ticket for the current tour (via LiveMetallica.com )

The current Metallica is doing very well, even with the current economical issues at hand. Maybe Mick & company could learn a thing or two from 'em (How about a "liveFleetwoodMac.com"????)

Quote:
It's not right. Prices are awful, but I actually really didn't expect it to be any cheaper. It's the going rate and the Mac are in this for the money. They aren't even pretending to be in it for much else this time (well, not yet, anyway). I think they'll get it. If not, the 16 shows may be a wake up call, or a "put the old girl down" call. What I am pretty sure of is that it's a "trial balloon" and what happens during these shows will determine the course of the rest of the tour (if there even is one).
I feel a large scale tour will flop, especially in certain larger cities where the Mac have played in the recent past, due saturation of the market. If they were to play places they had rarely played in the past they may be somewhat successful (OKC 2003 outdrew Dallas 2003...More vocal and APPRECIATIVE crowd and a better ticket-turnout) with a lower ticket price and a few support acts.

'Wingin' it' (No support acts) on their own doesnt look healthy nor intelligent at this time, and if the online reports of the setlist show the usual 'suspects' (ie - "Dreams" & "Rhiannon") then I am sure most will say "forgettaboutit" and stay home and download bootleg copies instead.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."

Last edited by estranged4life; 12-04-2008 at 02:36 PM..
Old 12-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered

Quote:
Yes, exactly. The shows that were announced (with just a few exceptions) are all in pretty large markets in regions where they are somewhat more popular than most others. They are testing this price point in these reliable markets to gauge what to do in the future. If several of these shows tank, I don't think it will be the end of the tour (too many lucrative California dates left), but there will be a need for an adjustment to their g'tee, which will be reflected in the ticket prices.

But, yeah, some of these markets... I don't know. I'd be shocked if Rochester can do 10K paid (on a Monday night- yeesh), especially if 40% of the house are $130 tickets.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh and I have a favor to ask the masses. I know in the past the occasional show was handled by a ticketing agency other than Ticketmaster. That can trip one up if they dont know that some other agency is handling the event. So if anyone knows of any shows that fit this description, pleas post that information here. Thank you!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
As a public service, I looked into if there might be a show after Chicago and before Detroit seeing as theres 2 days in betwenn those shows and heres what I dug up:

Milwakuee: bradley center is occupied on the 6th and 7th of March
Indianapolis: same thing for Conseco Fieldhouse
possibilities are Moline, or maybe Green Bay or Madison. just thought I'd let you all know.
Yes, it looks like they are planning on Friday, March 6 being Rosemont #2- if sales warrant.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Yes, it looks like they are planning on Friday, March 6 being Rosemont #2- if sales warrant.
really? where'd you see this?