Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

all i ever wanted
was to know that you were dreaming

(there's a heartbeat
and it never really died)

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 01-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
It absolutely does. I do so enjoy when they co-ordinate their wardrobes and play matchy matchy...

gah.. they are so beautiful together.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:53 AM
Ledgie

Quote:

all i ever wanted

(there's a heartbeat
Saw this yesterday. So cute! Love all those sweet moments. Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-21-2014, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish I knew how to post the actual photo here but I don't know how. Here's the link though

http://25.media.tumblr.com/291c9169f...d4dno1_500.png
Old 01-21-2014, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by singertobe View Post
I wish I knew how to post the actual photo here but I don't know how. Here's the link though

http://25.media.tumblr.com/291c9169f...d4dno1_500.png
See this thread:

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=52770
Old 01-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

all i ever wanted

(there's a heartbeat
Very nice video!
Old 02-14-2014, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart In honor of St. Valentine's Day!

http://leblow.co.uk/doing-passionate...celebrity-way/

Doing passionate love affairs the celebrity way
Posted by Chrissy on February 11, 2012 in Celebrities, Relationships ·
LET’S TALK ABOUT LOVE.

The desperate, all-consuming, ‘I can’t breathe when you’re not here’, split-apart-souls-finding-each-other kind of love. I’m sure we’ve all felt it at one time or another, perhaps even right now, but none of us are anywhere near interesting enough to warrant an entire piece on Le Blow, therefore I must cast my eyes into the world of celebrity.

The sheer intensity of some famous couples who have lived out their romance in the public eye can be fascinating. It’s a cliché, but the phrase ‘art imitating life’ seems to turn completely around until their lives imitate the art we associate them with, making the idea of them ever more aspirational.

In honour of Saint Valentine, I’m going to look at two such couples who I feel represent the very idea of life imitating their art. I bet you thought I’d write something about how much I hate this money spinning sop-fest and give it a nice big sarcastic kick up the arse eh?

Well I’m sorry. I’m a ho-ro. (Hopeless Romantic. That’s how the kids say it now, right?)

Lindsey Buckingham // Stevie Nicks

I decided to have a listen to my old MP3 player the other day, hadn’t used it in ages.
Once charged I pressed play, and the song I’d been listening to before the battery breathed it’s last was Thrown Down by Fleetwood Mac.

There are a lot of reasons why I love this song. I’m a huge fan of the band themselves, and it’s a very good tune, but the main draw for this one is the subject matter.

Stevie Nicks wrote the song, and it’s about a time when she and Buckingham had started to grow close to each other once more.

He fell for her again…she watched it happen…

Unfortunately (for Nicks), Buckingham’s then girlfriend announced she was pregnant and he did the honourable thing. But the pain of her loss for a second time is evident in the lyrics.

You say you’re sorry, now you should walk away…but it’s so overwhelming, you have nothing left to say.

Thus ended, for a second time, probably the most intense relationship in music history.

stevie-nicks-lindsey-buckingham

Nicks and Buckingham had met in the 1960’s, formed a band together called Fritz, and as time went on became a couple. The relationship was always a tumultuous one, with two ambitious and passionate musicians involved, it couldn’t be anything else.

They joined Fleetwood Mac in 1975, revitalising the line-up and helping them to become one of the most successful acts of the 70’s and 80’s. But band pressures, and the passionate nature of the Nicks/Buckingham relationship caused their romance to unravel, an event captured in the lyrics of certain ‘Rumours’ tracks. Easily spotted, so I won’t ruin it for you, you can make a game of it one afternoon when you’re bored.

Another song written by Nicks during the recording of Rumours entitled ‘Silver Springs’ didn’t make it on to the album, but gives great insight into her view of the relationship at that time.

Time casts a spell on you, but you won’t forget me…I know I could have loved you, but you would not let me.

At the height of their romance, the couple lived together for six years, with Nicks remarking it was the closest thing to being married she’d ever experienced. Nicks married once, but is divorced.

Buckingham is married with three children, but that means nothing to me. As far as I’m concerned they are star-crossed lovers, souls intertwined, thank you very much, goodnight, THE END.

You know, when Lindsey and I go back and forth on the songs that were written between the two of us, for that moment, we are back in love again.
~ Stevie Nicks, BAM Magazine, August 22, 1997

Richard Burton // Elizabeth Taylor

The beautiful Elizabeth Taylor was buried with the last ever love letter Richard Burton had sent to her. Supposedly in it, he had asked for another chance, saying he was at his happiest with Elizabeth.

Everyone knows the Burton-Taylor romance was an intense one. Describing his first sight of a 19-year-old Elizabeth, Burton said, ‘she was so extraordinarily beautiful, I wanted to laugh out loud.’

Fate and marriages to others conspired to keep the two apart, but when they met again during the filming of the epic film ‘Cleopatra’ in 1961, nothing was going to stop them. Even the fact that they were both married during this time seemed of little consequence, their rampant lovemaking during filming breaks was renowned.

But the greatest passions are always stormy. We know Burton and Taylor got married twice, but until fairly recently we weren’t really aware of how this great love storm was documented in a series of letters sent between the two throughout their romance. Burton’s feelings for Taylor are clear, as well as his deeply poetic nature:

Well, first of all, you must realise that I worship you. Second of all, at the expense of seeming repetitive, I love you. Thirdly, and here I go again with my enormous command of language, I can’t live without you. And I am afraid. Afeared. In terms of my life, scared. Lost. Alone. Dull. Dumb.

Is it not enough that they are both incredibly attractive, talented, rich? They also get to have a love like this? A love so strong and passionate that it ends up destroying and rediscovering itself twice? Burton and Taylor are the kind of celebrity romance I aspire to… though it had more ups and downs than a trampoline, I bet the ups made them feel more alive than most ever feel. The pain and longing of the downs would be exsquisite.

taylor and burton cleopatra

My opinion may be slightly rose-tinted and WEIRD, I admit, but I’ve always been of the belief that it’s better to live life at your maximum speed than just trundle along in the bus lane criticising other drivers. This is never truer than when in reference to love.

Don’t be scared to make a move if there’s someone you like. They may be your Buckingham, your Taylor, the other half that you’ve been quietly waiting for. If you do find them, every single day will be the most romantic one of your life and you’ll no longer have need of Saint Valentine.
I am forever punished by the gods for being given the fire and trying to put it out. The fire, of course, is you…

Although… who wouldn’t want a card on the 14th with THAT written inside?

Love letter excerpts from ‘Furious Love: Elizabeth Taylor & Richard Burton, The Marriage of the Century’.

LIKE IT? SHARE IT!

Last edited by brickney723; 02-14-2014 at 07:02 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
from all the stories sounds like she tried. succeeded. and then pulled back. for decades, that same circle. that's why she had him so hooked and why he was so messed up for so long.

no, i think it's over now, as far as he's concerned. he's done and seems to find her and her quirks endearing now. maybe she actually does want him now or more probable she likes the idea of them as that whole power couple thing / the one that got away drama - even more because she can't have him, anymore. it may be just an act, a fodder that she uses in her interviews, and she actually doesn't care or has some healthy relationship going that nobody knows about, but from what she says it kinda sounds like she never grew up, relationship-wise. he finally did.
[/B]

5:55 - 6:35

Old 02-15-2014, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
[/B][/B]

5:55 - 6:35
aww, love it when he goes off the script!

here's Michele's description of that (from http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...3&postcount=92):

"When she turns the story over to Lindsey, he (fake) blusters and finally says that when Mick called him he said that he wouldn’t come without his girlfriend because he loved her that much. She bows to him. Then he adds, “And look where that got me.” Stevie howls, “No you DIDN’T just say that?!”

Lindsey scurries to Mick’s side and Stevie says he is hiding behind Mick. She advises Mick to just hit Lindsey with the sticks. "

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2014, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thankfully, that banter goes away after the return of one songbird...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-15-2014, 01:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, it might not go away entirely, but you sure won't get 9 minutes of it.

Michele
Old 02-15-2014, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The banter is the best part!
Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
The banter is the best part!
Yes!
Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
aww, love it when he goes off the script!

here's Michele's description of that (from http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...3&postcount=92):

"When she turns the story over to Lindsey, he (fake) blusters and finally says that when Mick called him he said that he wouldn’t come without his girlfriend because he loved her that much. She bows to him. Then he adds, “And look where that got me.” Stevie howls, “No you DIDN’T just say that?!”

Lindsey scurries to Mick’s side and Stevie says he is hiding behind Mick. She advises Mick to just hit Lindsey with the sticks. "
Yes, I remember reading that when it was originally posted. My reference to that part of the video( when after saying the you have to take my girlfriend too part, he looks over at Stevie, ponders for a moment, then asks, "And where did that get me?") came to mind when I read your comment about Lindsey finally growing up,being over it, done.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i'm happy we won't have 10 minute rambling in the middle of the set, yeah. but a little bit a banter here and there is always welcomed, as far as i'm concerned - as long as it doesn't take the place that can be used for 2 songs instead, when there are so many songs we want to hear them play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
Yes, I remember reading that when it was originally posted. My reference to that part of the video( when after saying the you have to take my girlfriend too part, he looks over at Stevie, ponders for a moment, then asks, "And where did that get me?") came to mind when I read your comment about Lindsey finally growing up,being over it, done.
you seem to imply that what i wrote and that specific line are contradictory - can you clarify why?

most other times LB says "it worked out ok!" considering huge success the band had with both of them joining. what does he mean by turning it around and joking "where did that get me?" -maybe that he might have been better off if he didn't bring her to FM with him? maybe career-wise he'd be more successful if only he joined? or on a personal level, they wouldn't have to deal with all the old relationship baggage for decades after? idk.

he changed his line a bit and that's fun, i'm not sure there has to be some deep meaning to it. there was also that other time when he said "it wasn't looking good for ya, was it?" when she's talking about being a cleaning lady going nowhere before joining FM.

it's also funny because every time he says something a bit different she seems to be a bit caught off guard, but after initial surprise she just goes back to whatever she was gonna say anyway.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"