Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2023, 08:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favorite and leas favorite videos

What is the video clip you like the most? Let's include solo videos if you want.

My favorite video, surely not surprise, is Gypsy. Probably the best produced Fleetwood Mac video clip. By the way, the scene I attached is related to th 1929 Great Depression, isn't it? Was that scene part of the video production, or was it taken from an old film, or documentary? (I think I have seen that scene in other video).

And my least favorite, actually the one I definitely don't like is Paper Doll. Though it makes sense they included shots from oldest videos, cause it's a box set song, I would have liked a better production.

And though it's one of the most beautiful Fleetwood Mac song, the Everywhere video is not a favorite of mine either (in spite of the beautiful locations). The story doesn't fit with the lyrics. It would have been far better if the band made a parallel appearance, ala As Long as You Follow. And that car at the end??? Did The Highwayman included it? Actually it reminds me Shyamalan's The Village.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaa.jpg (53.3 KB, 3 views)
Old 10-16-2023, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
And though it's one of the most beautiful Fleetwood Mac song, the Everywhere video is not a favorite of mine either (in spite of the beautiful locations). The story doesn't fit with the lyrics. It would have been far better if the band made a parallel appearance, ala As Long as You Follow. And that car at the end??? Did The Highwayman included it? Actually it reminds me Shyamalan's The Village.
There is a version of the original video that features the Brits.

https://vimeo.com/296480202

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2023, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There is a version of the original video that features the Brits.

https://vimeo.com/296480202
Interesting. And it is not in their official YouTube Channel. Why it does not surprise me?
Old 10-16-2023, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For me it’s a toss up between gypsy and Hold Me. I think Hold Me might just edge it.
Hold Me
Gypsy
Big Love
Little Lies
As Long As You Follow
Everywhere (people dislike it but I really like it. And I think the song does match the sentiment of The Highwayman)
Love Shines (maybe could even be higher)
Seven Wonders
Tusk
Save Me

Haven’t really considered solo….but I’d put a shout in for The Zoo’s Angel Come Home

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-16-2023, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I loved Big Love when it first came out, but now it’s horribly dated. Stevie’s hair, the cheesy effects like Lindsey floating through the Twilight Zone, and the ending with those silly grunts. The record company must have spent thousands of dollars alone just on that nighttime beach scene, which got maybe 5 seconds of airtime!

Gypsy, with the production values of a movie, is probably their best video. The fashions, the details, all those extras dancing in the rain, that painting at the end. It’s stunning.

I like Save Me and As Long As You Follow, mostly because of Christine and Rick, who kept my interest. Christine looked more beautiful during this period than she did in 1982 or 1984! Skies the Limit and Seven Wonders are decent performance videos, with Stevie’s outfits probably being the most memorable things about them. Lindsey looks incredibly happy during SW. Love Shines is boring- not musically but visually. Without Stevie or Lindsey to make it interesting, there’s nothing to keep our eye. All the band does is pretend to perform the song while constantly hugging each other… probably because they didn’t know what else to do.

I don’t even rank Everywhere, Paper Doll, or In the Back of My Mind.

Tusk is ok. The most interesting thing about it is the cardboard cut out of John, who refused to show up because he was mad at Lindsey. I wonder whose idea it was to get the cut out? Maybe they thought we wouldn’t notice LOL.

Little Lies is my favorite FM video. They all look fantastic, the different combinations of band members is cool (Christine and Lindsey, John and Stevie), and the illustrations coming to life are well done.

Trouble is my favorite solo video. Visually unique. Stand Back is enjoyable, mostly because I marvel at how Stevie was able to walk on a treadmill backwards while wearing platform heels and a dress that could easily have gotten stuck in the machinery! Love Will Show Us How is entertaining, but it’s too long and Christine was clearly not an actress. Talk to Me has an interesting premise, unlike most of her other videos and she looks really good in it.

Last edited by bwboy; 10-16-2023 at 01:09 PM..
Old 10-16-2023, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Favorite: Gypsy--then Hold Me, then Love Shines

Least Favorite: Skies the Limit
Old 10-16-2023, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I dont count Paper Doll and Everywhere as real videos. There is so much cut and paste from earlier videos. Isn't Lindsey appearing in the Paper Doll video?

Gypsy blows the lid off by even today's standards. It goes through so many phases and features everyone in the band nicely. Hold Me is really good too.

Gypsy
Hold Me
Little Lies
As Long As You Follow
Save Me
Skies The Limit
Seven Wonders
Tusk
Big Love

Favorite Solo: Rooms On Fire, Love Will Show Us How, Wrong

BTW bwboy, I agree. The best part of the Big Love video is the beach scene and its only 3 seconds. Now I disagree with you that Talk To Me is a good video. It stinks. Stevie shot from such a distance for most part of the video tells you everything you need to know. Those horrible cheesy dances. Even I could choreograph a better dance. And her brother pretending to play saxophone on the wall is a cheap ploy to get him in a video. Waste of an effort. Stevie filmed close ups one day. The next day she was a mess and you can almost hear them say "we need to do something to finish this video"

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-16-2023 at 01:22 PM..
Old 10-16-2023, 01:18 PM

Hold Me
As Long As You Follow
Sara live
Love Shines
Little Lies
Seven Wonders
Gypsy
Big Love
Skies/Save Me (tie)
Tusk
Everywhere (horrible representation)
Paperdoll
Old 10-16-2023, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Isn't Lindsey appearing in the Paper Doll video?
Yes he appears briefly, cuts from Tango videos I guess. At first I thought What is he doing here (thinking it was a post rumours song)? But then I read he collaborated with backing vocals, additional guitar, according to Wikipedia.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Hold Me
As Long As You Follow
Sara live
Love Shines
Little Lies
Seven Wonders
Gypsy
Big Love
Skies/Save Me (tie)
Tusk
Everywhere (horrible representation)
Paperdoll
C’mon jbrownsjr! Tell us what you like about your favorites and what you don’t like about your non-favorites. Plus you didn’t mention any solo videos.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My Top 10 Videos

1.Gypsy
2.Hold Me
3.Little Lies
4.Seven Wonders
5.Tusk
6.As Long As You Follow
7.Big Love
8.Skies the Limit
9.Love Shines
10.Save Me
Old 10-16-2023, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
BTW bwboy, I agree. The best part of the Big Love video is the beach scene and its only 3 seconds. Now I disagree with you that Talk To Me is a good video. It stinks. Stevie shot from such a distance for most part of the video tells you everything you need to know. Those horrible cheesy dances. Even I could choreograph a better dance. And her brother pretending to play saxophone on the wall is a cheap ploy to get him in a video. Waste of an effort. Stevie filmed close ups one day. The next day she was a mess and you can almost hear them say "we need to do something to finish this video"
First you hate the song, now you hate the video, too? LOL well, I mentioned this before, but in an interview in USA Today, Stevie said she told the director she wanted three things in her RAL videos; far away shots, closeups, and shots of her playing the tambourine. Seems like weird requests but that’s what she said. She also mentioned having some sort of nasal surgery, too.

I think the close ups of her look really great. She’s wearing colorful dresses and her hairstyles are (mostly) flattering. And I like the way the pictures on the wall are the backgrounds for her when she’s singing.

But I can’t argue about the sax playing or the dancing. That’s actually pretty amusing, I think.
Old 10-16-2023, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

No love for Oh Dianne video
Ha….it’s so bad I kinda like it.
If you can even call it a ‘video’

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-16-2023, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Top 10 Solo Videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
1.Gypsy
2.Hold Me
3.Little Lies
4.Seven Wonders
5.Tusk
6.As Long As You Follow
7.Big Love
8.Skies the Limit
9.Love Shines
10.Save Me

1.Slow Dancing
2.Rooms on Fire
3.If Anyone Falls
4.If You Ever Did Believe
5.Go Insane
6.Talk to Me
7.Got A Hold on Me
8.Sorcerer
9.Trouble
10.Stand Back
Old 10-16-2023, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I dont count Paper Doll and Everywhere as real videos. There is so much cut and paste from earlier videos. Isn't Lindsey appearing in the Paper Doll video?
I think Lindsey completely redid the music to “Paper Doll.” It was written for the GH album, but Mick didn’t like it.

Fleetwood Mac was working with Greg Ladanyi with the BTM lineup, but PD’s production is credited to Richard Dashut, which suggests to me they scrapped everything but the vocals. Even the organ doesn’t mesh with their 88-90 sound.

THE Stephen Hopkins