Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-03-2023, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I totally agree. Her final years are going to be all about her. She's finally used up Fleetwood mac and ready to throw them away.
I agree in part. What she said is what I would expect her to say especially being on her successful solo tour going into early next year. However, she has not been asked by Mick to do anything yet. I fully expect at some point next summer or fall for Mick to make the call and beg her for one short Fleetwood Mac stint. As I said before, it is not my hope that it happens. History just tells me it will happen. Mick always needs money and he has all but welcomed Lindsey back after initially saying Fleetwood Mac was "done." He just needs to work on Stevie which he will do after her tour.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Few people know that Christine, Tom Petty, Prince, John Lewis, and the spirits of John Lennon and MLK used to hang out at Stevie's house in Phoenix discussing Rock-a-Little Barbie as a viable product.
And Stevie sang the words I Have A Dream & Whatever it takes, Whatever it takes to be free. She is such a prophet!
Old 10-03-2023, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
It's just beyond infuriating to see Christine added to this growing list of people Stevie has worked with, that she now chooses to exaggerate and exploit for her own benefit or narrative.

This week marked the 6th anniversary of Tom Petty's passing and Free Fallin is still being used as her own feel good showstopper moment.
Malignant Narcissism.
Old 10-03-2023, 11:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just cant get the thought out of my head that between 2003-early 2013 did we EVER hear Christine's name voluntarily mentioned EVEN ONCE from Stevie without being prompted with a question about her absence? Not to mention "my best friend in the whole world" ?
There was the time she offered Christine $5 million to come back.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-03-2023, 11:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It would only be right if Chris was like “where’s my check Stephanie?” When she did come back.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Some time after SYW, she was itching for Christine to come back. Whether it was to avoid LB, or she really wanted her back is another story.
Old 10-03-2023, 12:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder how she’d feel if whatever remains of Fleetwood Mac decided to forge ahead as Fleetwood Mac. Instinct tells me she’d be catty about it, but the others certainly have a right to do whatever they want now.

You can’t go off on a fabulous vacation on your own for two years and then object to the people you left behind planning their own good time.

At this stage, if I were a former member, I’d give all these people a wide buffer because they’re really a clown act now. Nobody has any heart in any of this. It’s either a financial thing for everyone or a grievance being acted out. It’s like watching cable news.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 10-03-2023, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Some time after SYW, she was itching for Christine to come back. Whether it was to avoid LB, or she really wanted her back is another story.
I’m pretty sure she offered her $5 million when Chris was making calls to ask how band mates would feel if she rejoined. Mick mentions this in his 2014 book… as well as Stevie would be participating in the next Fleetwood Mac album.
Old 10-03-2023, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just cant get the thought out of my head that between 2003-early 2013 did we EVER hear Christine's name voluntarily mentioned EVEN ONCE from Stevie without being prompted with a question about her absence?
No. However, Mick said something in 2014 at the On with the Show meet & greets. While showing instruments at the stage, he said that Christine's keyboard was the same since the 90s, but after finishing the '97 tour she planned to get rid of it. But Stevie said no. She didn't convinced Chris to keep it, so she kept the keyboard (hoping Chris would come back some day, according to Mick).

So in 2014 when the tour began, Christine used the keyboard Stevie kept for her. I think that, if that story is true (you never know), I'm not saying that's a proof of a "best" friendship but it meant something.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
No. However, Mick said something in 2014 at the On with the Show meet & greets. While showing instruments at the stage, he said that Christine's keyboard was the same since the 90s, but after finishing the '97 tour she planned to get rid of it. But Stevie said no. She didn't convinced Chris to keep it, so she kept the keyboard (hoping Chris would come back some day, according to Mick).

So in 2014 when the tour began, Christine used the keyboard Stevie kept for her. I think that, if that story is true (you never know), I'm not saying that's a proof of a "best" friendship but it meant something.
She's such an idiot.

The Hammond organ is timeless, but the electric piano technology has changed so much over the years. Her Yamaha CP-4 wasn't made before 2014, so that Stevie really must be a witch, bringing technology from various decades together whenever she wants.
Old 10-03-2023, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
I’m pretty sure she offered her $5 million when Chris was making calls to ask how band mates would feel if she rejoined. Mick mentions this in his 2014 book… as well as Stevie would be participating in the next Fleetwood Mac album.
Didn't she offer it around 2008 ish ? And Christine turned it down?
Old 10-03-2023, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I just cant get the thought out of my head that between 2003-early 2013 did we EVER hear Christine's name voluntarily mentioned EVEN ONCE from Stevie without being prompted with a question about her absence? Not to mention "my best friend in the whole world" ?

She's hopped on the plan to vacation in Italy multiple times, I'm sure she took a trip to England to visit her best friend, we just haven't heard about it yet

very true. the best friend thing seems quite fabricated at this point.

There is one band member that Chris mentioned several times unsolicited in some of her later interviews. and I'll give you a hint...it wasn't Stevie.

--Lis
Old 10-03-2023, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
very true. the best friend thing seems quite fabricated at this point.

There is one band member that Chris mentioned several times unsolicited in some of her later interviews. and I'll give you a hint...it wasn't Stevie.

--Lis
Bob Welch?
Old 10-03-2023, 04:04 PM
Junior Ledgie

I could easily see this scenario if Mick, John, Stevie, and Lindsey could agree on a purpose (to Stevie's point that there's "no reason" to continue right now) and probably a very limited commitment (a Las Vegas residency or something). A tribute to Christine with special guests, a fundraiser for Lahaina, etc. Any future FM project obviously won't be about new music or Stevie just wanting more bonding time with Lindsey...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I agree in part. What she said is what I would expect her to say especially being on her successful solo tour going into early next year. However, she has not been asked by Mick to do anything yet. I fully expect at some point next summer or fall for Mick to make the call and beg her for one short Fleetwood Mac stint. As I said before, it is not my hope that it happens. History just tells me it will happen. Mick always needs money and he has all but welcomed Lindsey back after initially saying Fleetwood Mac was "done." He just needs to work on Stevie which he will do after her tour.
Old 10-03-2023, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Bob Welch?
omg stop! and you know damn well who!

--Lis