Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-15-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mick has more immediate concerns right now. I have no doubt in the back of his mind he’s thinking about how to effectively use his celebrity to help his community, and Fleetwood Mac is the ultimate moneymaker in his wheelhouse, but the band’s potential future is inconsequential.
He could put together an all-star band that may or may not be FM related. I have no doubt. And that would be a great idea to help these people.
Old 08-15-2023, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Mick has more immediate concerns right now. I have no doubt in the back of his mind he’s thinking about how to effectively use his celebrity to help his community, and Fleetwood Mac is the ultimate moneymaker in his wheelhouse, but the band’s potential future is inconsequential.
For sure. He actually lives rather far from Lahaina, like he definitely has to drive there.
The CBS interviewer asked him about a benefit concert and Mick pointed to his head to suggest he’s already thinking about it. I am sure Mick has reached out to Stevie about participating in a benefit. And using Fleetwood Mac as the main act of a concert would raise the most millions and it could be a global pay per view with proceeds going to Maui Food Bank and United Way.

I think it would have to be in LA to keep costs down and perhaps even artists would offer up their fee to perform towards the donation collection. Not sure how it worked with 12-12-12 but Dolan didn’t charge rent for The Garden that night.
Old 08-15-2023, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The death toll (last I checked it was nearing 100) and widespread devastation really show how deadly a wildfire gets in high-speed, dry winds. The landscape is engulfed in a conflagration within minutes. People and their pets don’t have time to escape. Very heartbreaking. Let’s hope Mick and Stevie can get money raised by acting promptly.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 08-15-2023, 07:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Matthew McConaughey and Levi McConaughey are spreading the word about their efforts to help Hawaiians in need.

The father and son took to Instagram in a video Tuesday as news from the devastating wildfires in Maui continues to trickle in, sharing their intent to provide support.

"McConaughey’s are funding an emergency aid plane with @Baby2Baby that is filled with hundreds of thousands more emergency supplies that will have an immediate impact on children and families on Maui," they captioned the video.

"@Baby2Baby is working with their partners on the ground including @alohadiaperbank @mauifoodbank @hawaiidiaperbank @pacificbirthcollective @mauirapidresponse. Grateful we can help get these critical supplies to children and families who need it. If you would like to support relief efforts, please visit @baby2baby - @jklivinfoundation."

How to Help Hawaii Wildfire Victims, Including Ways to Donate
In the video, the two share their upset at the devastation facing Hawaiians and plan of action for helping out.
"The fires over there have put so many people out of home and have taken so many lives. These people need to stabilize to stay alive. Camila, myself and Levi are working with this organization called Baby2Baby. They are working with partners that are on the ground in Maui right now saying, 'This is what people need right now. This is what the most needy people need.'"

The actor, 53, continued, "If you'd like to help, check out Baby2Baby. See the work they're doing or any other way you can help. There's a lot of help that's needed."

Levi, 15, agreed, adding, "Yeah, they're going to need it for the long-term, so any way you guys can help, it's appreciated."

After becoming the deadliest wildfire in the U.S. in over a century, the death toll from the wildfire disaster in Hawaii rose to 99 people, Hawaii Gov. Josh Green said Monday.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) shared its own update on Monday afternoon, advising that 300 FEMA employees and 140 search and rescue teams have been deployed "with more on the way." Green added that it has become a mission of "searching for those that we have lost."
Old 08-17-2023, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

The horror continues to be reported. Over 100 killed and over 1000 missing. They had a segment on some of the victims and it was hard to watch. One guy died sheltering his neighbor's dog. Its gut wrenching. Hell on earth.
Old 08-19-2023, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A sad twist in the restaurant news. Yesterday the restaurant facebook and instagram posted:

We are devastated to learn that despite a previous confirmation of safety, we’ve heard from two families of our employees Joel Villegas & Felimon Quijano who remain missing at this time. Please hold them in your thoughts & prayers. Please contact us immediately if you see them

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwGCS0Wuzdx/?img_index=1
Old 08-19-2023, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick was on ET Friday and said he is going to do a benefit concert. The interviewer also mention that Stevie and Oprah were on the Island. I'm not sure if that was true or not about Stevie

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 08-20-2023, 01:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, here is the link to the ET article (it has some embedded video with him where he says all of his employees have been found and where he says they will def rebuild the restaurant), and he now has a Foundation for channeling donations. Maybe it's the way they transcribed how he talks, but it reads like even more of a word salad than I've ever heard from him before.

https://www.etonline.com/mick-fleetw...clusive-209974

Mick Fleetwood on Planning Benefit Concert After Maui Wildfires: 'Music Heals' (Exclusive)

By Mona Khalifeh* 3:18 PM PDT, August 18, 2023

Mick Fleetwood is planning a benefit concert to help those impacted by the recent wildfires in Maui.

ET's Kevin Frazier spoke to the Fleetwood Mac drummer, who lives on the Hawaiian island, about the benefit concert and the healing power of music.

"I've already got a lovely sort of catalog of people that are concerned. I will remain mute on who they are, but I will either become part of something that we can do on a grand scale, which is great," Fleetwood said of the concert, currently in the works. "Anything is great, and playing in Honolulu, about 2 weeks from now, and that concert's becoming -- Henry Kapono who lives in Oahu, was celebrating the 50th anniversary of his career -- well, I'm going to be doing that show, supporting."

"So, all of this is unfolding is something I feel I can be apart, or really be spearheading," the famed drummer continued. "And it's not now, but music heals, and music does its version of what I'm doing now."

For Fleetwood, the tragedy hits home even harder, with Maui the place the 76-year-old musician calls home, and a place where he once owned a restaurant. The Front St. property was one of the many establishments lost in the blaze.

"I happen to live here. This is my home. I'm not passing through. People think, 'Oh, how many times do you come here and see your restaurant?" I say, 'No, no, no. I live here. This is the only home I have,'" he stressed. "And so all of that is something -- not to jump too far ahead, but the intention would be absolutely to be part of, or to be right shaking the flag, to rally around and put on a great incredibly beautiful show. Which I know can be done."

The wildfires were first reported on Aug. 8. Fires began to ravage Maui as a result of drought conditions and hurricane weather. At least 99 people have been confirmed dead, making it the deadliest wildfire in the United States in more than a century. The entire town of Lahaina has been left in ruins.

"Well, the enormity is still of what happened, which is absolutely beyond belief, is that in a very, very short space of time over those hills, I can hardly look around, in Lahaina town, and that area around Lahaina town, disappeared within minutes with a wildfire which has been credited as being one of the most vicious if not the most catastrophic wildfires in the country," Fleetwood said of the devastation the wildfires have caused. "And that you can't comprehend, but I can tell you, we in Hawaii have a word which is Ohana, which is family, and that's the reason people come, and I believe, come to these lovely islands where there's a sense of that, it still exists. So, that home, that Ohana was destroyed within minutes, and we're still finding out how catastrophic it still continues to be."

He continued, "Having something happen, and be completely in shock and for those drastic amounts of time, no one knew what was going on and no one had a clue where anyone was. All the communications broke down, and so the family, the community that survived as in real time there, amazingly you more than myself maybe, but I've certainly heard of such heroic deeds, which is a testament not only to what happened here, but you most often hear that the human condition comes through in these awful situations all over this planet, and of course in our own United States of America you see people coming and doing things that are beyond belief extraordinary to help."

In addition to putting on a benefit concert, Fleetwood's foundation will direct any donated funds to organizations to help survivors, with the directed funds to Maui Food Bank, Hawaii Community Foundation – Maui Strong Fund, and Maui Humane Society -- all of which are helping the island and its residents rebuild after the wildfires.

"I have a foundation here now, The Mick Fleetwood foundation -- Mick Fleetwood Foundation.Org will lead you to several really, really Bonafide organizations that are right here feet, on the ground already doing it, and we are adding to that dialog through the foundation, the mickfleetwoodfoundation.org will lead you to that," Fleetwood explained. "The fact is, there is a whole load of wonderful places you could go. That's me doing something I have a comfort with, really knowing what we are already affiliated with, are people that really know what they are doing."

As for what people need, Fleetwood, who came back to the island on a plane filled with supplies, said at the present time, the people of Maui need food and water.

What's more almost as meaningful as raising money, he added, is keeping the attention on what's going on in Maui as the island works to rebuild, something Fleetwood said music helps to do.

"Apart from raising the money, what I think is really, really important, me sitting here doing what I'm doing, and also the manifest of music coming to the fore... but what we can do has been proven to really rally, and keep the attention, keep the attention incrementally as this goes on, is something that I think music is really a powerful medium [for], and the people, whoever they might be, participating in that, is almost an endless way of, 'Don't forget, don't forget and don't forget.'"

To learn more about how you can help, check out http://www.mickfleetwoodfoundation.org.
Old 08-23-2023, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

D.D. just posted this. I never knew that Mick had a restaurant back in the day, and that it failed due to him doing business with an unsavory character.
Probably his dealer!
--------
Mick and I had a dream back in the mid Eighties to start Fleetwoods in LA.. We lasted a while until we were forced to close because of an unsavoury character that was in partnership with us. We were totally unaware of the situation at the time but we were devastated beyond belief.. Mick reinvented Fleetwoods again.. this time in Maui.. wow, what an incredible venue he built.. the dream was alive again !
To see what has happened recently breaks my heart.. I cry for my good friend.. this was more than a restaurant to Mick, this was his sanctuary!! I pray for Mick and the people of Maui, where I have made so many great friends over the past 45 years..
Old 09-16-2023, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So there was a benefit livestream on sept 8, with Mick, Ziggy Marley, Stewart Copeland and many more. No recent news of any concert.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldAZN6TyZhs