Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Rapid City, Sioux Falls and Fargo

Well, I've been on a few road trips this tour, and this one was without question the most fun! I'll go through each city individually since fun stuff happened in each one!

Rapid City: I left Minneapolis at about 4:30 or so our time and had a very nice drive across South Dakota and arrived in Rapid City at about 12:30 their time(They're 1 hour behind) I met Lindsey from here(#1LiddyBuckFan) and we were off to Mount Rushmore. That place is something else! We stayed for about 20 minutes or so and took alot of pictures, had a great time! Got back into town, arrived to the venue and I got my first look at the Truck. Folks, whatever that truck hit was a big motherf***ER, cause the entire front right side was banged up. What was funny though was one of the crew guys Duct taped everything together! Hilarious! Then the guys arrived and Wally came over and chatted with me for about 5 min and had to head inside. Now onto the show. The crowd was terrible, I estimated it at only 500-700 or so. Lindsey came out and was like "I guess peoeple around here have other stuff to do tonight. Don;t you guys have a smaller place to play?" He and the rest of the band really warmed to the crowd though as they made up for their lack of size with plenty of enthusiasm! At the end of Second Hand News Lindsey as he was backing up at the end of the song tripped on one of the cords on stage and fell flat on his back! Not only was he not hurt he didnt even miss a beat and ended the song with one last bang of the guitar. What a pro! So the show goes on uneventfully and afterwards, thanks to a "little birdie" we made our way to the hotel which was right behind the venue. Lindsey and the guys got there and as usual Lindsey chatted with em and the other Lindsey for about 20 min or so. We both got our pictureds taken and the famale Lindsey and I made our way into the bar where Brett and Wally were already holding court. We joined in the festtivities and we all had a blast! Brett and Lindsey chatted and got their pics taken together as well as Brett and I and Wally and I talked for a good 45 min. The party finally had to break up, BUMMER, and so then it was to SIoux Falls.

Sioux Falls Lindsey and I caravaned the trip from Rapid City to Sioux Falls as she had a rental car. We made the obligatory stop at Wall Drug and we HAD to have our pictures taken with the famous Jackalope! It was quite hilarious! SO after getting settled in in Sioux Falls, Lindsey's friend Jessica had arrived from Fargo and we met at the show. I of course being the comple klutz I am, managed to trip and twist my ankle as I was going into the venue and was in pain the whole show! UGH! The usher asked if I needed medical attention and I said "The only way I'm missing this show is if I'm dead!" So the show itself was quite interesting in that this totally hammered drunk lady came up to the stage and proceeded to interrupt Lindsey as he was about to start Big Love. I'm not sure what she all said, but he actually came over to her side of the atage and listened to her for a couple minutes. It was quite weird! So after the show we made our way over to the Sheraton and Partied with the guys again. Man these guys are a lot of fun to hang out with!

Fargo The show here was a general adlission club and the whole gang of us got our spots up by the stage and the show was again VERY interesting. Lindsey broke into abotu a minute of My Little Demon on the acoustic guitar! Very good stuff. Then for GYOW he brings out this black guitar which I'd never seen before, and at the and of the song proceeds to gang it on the stage about 5 times bur wasnt able to break it like he did in Westbury! It was fun to watch though! SO after the show we stood out at the edge of the fenced off area and when the guys all came out Lindsey invited Lindsey, her friend and I along with this nice guy named George from Denver over and they all gave us hugs and thanked us for all the support! People all of the guys in this band, Lindsey included are the nicest guys! I'm only sorry I have just one more show Saturday night. Lindsey will have plenty of pictures to post in a day or 2 as she's still in Fargo visiting her friends. Cant wait for Summerfest tomorrow! Oh one more thing, when I arrived in Fargo the road crew had found a fake deer head and mounted it on the hood of the truck like an ornament!!! LMAO, when the guy arrived, Brett, Neale and Wally and I all stood ion front of the damaged part of the truck with the deer head in the background for a great picture!

Last edited by DavidMn; 06-29-2007 at 11:46 AM..
Old 06-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had such a good time at the shows! Did you enjoy Mnt. Rushmore? It really is a site to see. I wish I could have been so lucky to have been there, esp. now that I hear he has a new guitar
Old 06-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yet again an amazing experience, David. Very cool. Nice that he fooled around with the li'l demon.

In all your chats with the guys you and #1 surely asked about a european tour. What's the answer?

Old 06-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

David ! I will be at Summerfest tonight also! I hope to see you there!!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Old 07-01-2007, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I have returned home finally and am still completely in a haze with everything that happened at and after these three shows...it's hard to know where to begin.

I promise I full review tomorrow as I need some time to get my head straight! Pictures will be included!

Old 07-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the reviews David. It was almost as good as being there. Congrats on getting the tour stuff you definitely deserved it! Good to hear the band mingled with you guys before and after the show. So many stars just dash and run. Shows they do appreciate our efforts. Kudo. You rock!

CarolC
Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Since David did a great run down of all three nights, I'll just add some of my personal moments.

Rapid City - I had second row right between Brett and Lindsey which is my favorite spot. The two best parts of this evening were when Lindsey came over and started yelling something at me during the guitar solo on GYOW. All I could hear was him screaming "Forth Row!" which made no sense at all. Then he leaned in more to me and said it again...this time I heard him correctly, "Fort Worth!" He recognized from the DVD. So, folks, he's been working on it quite a bit. He came up to me after the song, grabbed both my hands and said, "You're all over that DVD. It's great to see you again." The second best part of the evening was being able to spend some quality time with him in the hotel lobby joking around and laughing. Such a GREAT guy and we talked about a bunch of stuff. At one point he leaned over to me and said, "I really wanted to smash a guitar tonight," with that Lindsey grin. Of course, I freaked and begged him to sometime during Sioux Fall or Fargo since those were the only shows I had left. He said that he didn't get the vibe with doing it in a theatre setting, so I mentioned that Fargo was a bar venue...(Read David's Fargo post, he defintiely tried and I thought it was really cool of him) The rest of the evening was spent hanging with Brett and Wally who are two of the greatest guys as well.

Sioux Falls - The hammered drunk lady situation David mentioned happened right in front of me. SO annoying. I was second row between Neale and Lindsey this night. This DRUNK (like don't light a match around her) chick comes out of no where and swoops to the stage screaming at Lindsey at how wonderful he is. Now, this is not unusual at shows. What was unusual was that he was trying to start Big Love and usually he has a second or two of quiet...she wasn't giving to him AT ALL. She just kept talking and talking so he finally came over, kneeled down and played into it. He handled it well. So, she apparently knew the ladies that actually had the seats in front of me. They proceed to give him their Buckingham Nicks album to sign while he's listening to the crazy lady. He graciously signs it and then they proceed to take their permanent sharpie and draw on his pants. WTF? Lindsey was visibly annoyed, pulled away and finally just started the show up again. Why do people feel the need to ruin his jeans? That night was another great night of hanging with Brett and Neale. Lindsey spent a little time with us...enough for us to mention the guitar smash again. Super guys!

Fargo - This was the best for me though the show was insane with fights or threats and pushy drunk people. Back between Brett and Lindsey, very front of the stage!! Amazing spot to be in IMHO. We got all the kick ass solos played right to our faces. He even let us play the guitar during "I'm So Afraid" as well as "GYOW". I noticed the black guitar being played for "GYOW" too so I knew he was going to smash it for us (or attempt to ). Great guy for doing that. "Holiday Road" was extra sexy as he hept moaning and saying "I like it doggie style!" (I know, I'm sick). We got lots of attention that night and he even said a special thanks to all of us who have been to multiple shows. Then as David said, after the show, we knew the band was jetting off to the airport and security had kept us back quite a bit. We were just wanting to wave them out. But Brett, Neale, and Lindsey all went out of their way to come out to us individually as they left the venue to give out plenty of hugs and thank you's before hopping in the truck. They didn't have to do that and it made it extra special for us!

Those guys go above and beyond...stuff they don't have to do and I really feel like they mean it. Talk about class acts!

Here are a few pictures that I took.

Shot at 2007-07-03
David and me at Mt. Rushmore

Shot at 2007-07-03
David planting a wet one on the Wall Drug Jackalope.

Shot at 2007-07-03
I decided to mount the damn thing.

Shot at 2007-07-03

Shot at 2007-07-03

Old 07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^ Thanks for the review and the pictures. How cool (re: Fort Worth)! So he does recongize faces in the crowd!
Old 07-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Amazing spot to be in IMHO
ahhh the sweetspot...I know it well.

Thanks for these great shots!

Shot at 2007-07-03

Shot at 2007-07-03
Old 07-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
^^^ Thanks for the review and the pictures. How cool (re: Fort Worth)! So he does recongize faces in the crowd!
You're welcome. It seems he does recognize people. But, I think that's the bonus of these smaller venues.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
ahhh the sweetspot...I know it well.

Thanks for these great shots!

Shot at 2007-07-03

Shot at 2007-07-03
You're welcome. Those two are my favorites...

Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh no! I'll never live down kissing the jackalope now!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
Oh no! I'll never live down kissing the jackalope now!
I'll never get over tasting their nasty ass "famous" free water!!

Old 07-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
I'll never get over tasting their nasty ass "famous" free water!!

ya get what ya pay for!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
ya get what ya pay for!
I was fooled by all of the road signs...