The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes this is very disgusting and I am sorry that a Fleetwood Mac fan had to be subject to this horrible situation. I am one of those fan club members and have to say I am sickened with this whole situation. I only pray that he gets his just reward.

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 05-23-2003, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: maybe someone can get a message to stevie

Quote:
Originally posted by mike_nh
I seriously think the band has no clue as to what's been going on
with the fan club and all. but if stevie knows that even one of her fans are being mistreated she herself would get involved. i'm
sure she has some pull in the decision making. remember
this is the same woman that stood on stage in 1989 and said
to security ''if you **** with my people then i'm gonna get real
****in angry...i'm watching''
That's why there's no Stevie in those pictures and videos, I'm sure. Okay so there's one up now but still. I can just imagine her saying "I'm not letting that sob take my picture."
Old 05-24-2003, 12:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Pip & Louise, I'm glad you decided to come forward with this information. Jonothan Todd needed to be exposed for the greedy two-faced fraud that he is. It disgusts me that he has anything to do with Fleetwood Mac, and I regret to say that my utter distate for this guy & his very association with FM are souring my appreciation for my favorite band... try as I may not to let it. That's the sad thing, for me.

I've long disliked him, but this mess really pushes it over the edge. I'll be writing my fair share of letters, and will gladly add my name to any petition.
Old 05-24-2003, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: maybe someone can get a message to stevie

Quote:
Originally posted by glitter_fades
Please don't think I'm disrespecting your opinion. I just want people to be clear about one thing.

EVERY EFFORT HAS BEEN MADE TO CONTACT BAND MEMBERS THROUGH THEIR MANAGEMENT and these efforts started before the tour.

Several dozen people have called, written, emailed, etc. about the fan club and the conduct of the guy in charge. If you think they are unaware, please lend a hand and contact somebody. There's a thread about how to complain. Please read it and do what you can to help get the word to them. Any ideas on how to better let them know? I'm for any new thoughts on this. Maybe we've gone about it the wrong way? I don't think so, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Believe me I know how difficult it is to get through to management on more pleaseant issues let alone the fall out from crap like this, the band will not know about this, because they are not in the need to know category, this is why they have managers to deal with these issues, particularly now that the band are on the road.
Old 05-24-2003, 02:03 AM
Ledgie

Sorry to hear of your trevails, Pip. And I agree with you about JT and all the douchebags on Mick's site ! But frankly it gets pretty bloody boring seeing your diatribe on EVERY FREAKING MAC BOARD ON THE PLANET. Give it a rest, eh? Take up a good cause. Save the Whales or something.
Old 05-24-2003, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by PollyThePenguin
Sorry to hear of your trevails, Pip. And I agree with you about JT and all the douchebags on Mick's site ! But frankly it gets pretty bloody boring seeing your diatribe on EVERY FREAKING MAC BOARD ON THE PLANET. Give it a rest, eh? Take up a good cause. Save the Whales or something.
Thanks for your support Polly
Old 05-24-2003, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default the official sites?

I was just wondering...has anybody attempted to get word to Stevie or Lindsey's camp at all? I just can't see them supporting this at all. I mean we dont know them personally but from what I know all these years, its just not in their nature to support something like this and I think if they truly knew EVERYTHING, that they would be furious.
Any word from the Nicksfix, her official site, on this at all?
And Lindsey has an official one too...what about that?
I am assuming that these "official" sites have some clout to get messages to and from their respected namesakes. So..I am wondering what in the heck do they know?

Tamara

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." --Eleanor Roosevelt

"Maybe now he could prove to her... That he could be good for her... And they should be together.." --SN
Old 05-24-2003, 03:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down It's sad....

but at the same time not surprising to me what happens when this "Fan club" is involved....All they are out for is profit & NOTHING else!!! I guess it really is "Pay You Will $$$$"

I feel sorry for the real fans such as Pip & the other "UK Fireflies" in this who are now put-off by this stupid BS!!!

Brian "Pay You Will...Pay You Will....Gimme one more dime" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 05-24-2003, 04:06 AM
Ledgie

I really am beginning to feel just as estranged said "PAY AS YOU WILL" I do not believe for one minute everyone in the band doesn't know what a mess, back stabbing, money grubbing fiasco the fan club is But has one band member stepped forward and offered anything to us dumb suckers who got took.
No our money is long gone, as I wish I could say JT is. But not to be, I can not believe after looking at other bands fan clubs what they are given plus the price. Range from 15.00 to 25.00 and they are given a hell of a lot of promotional items. Posters, key chains, membership cards, etc. I guess one must live and learn. I got took as many others did and most diffently will not renew my membership. I did finally end up with some great seats no thanks to fan club. My own time spent searching for them. I hope to GOD Fleetwood Mac gets smart and cans JT'S butt. At least a little satisfaction for us fan club members. OK-LANDSIDE

Last edited by OK-LANDSLIDE; 05-24-2003 at 04:09 AM..
Old 05-24-2003, 04:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: the official sites?

Quote:
Originally posted by tamaraluvsFM
I was just wondering...has anybody attempted to get word to Stevie or Lindsey's camp at all? I just can't see them supporting this at all. I mean we dont know them personally but from what I know all these years, its just not in their nature to support something like this and I think if they truly knew EVERYTHING, that they would be furious.
Any word from the Nicksfix, her official site, on this at all?
And Lindsey has an official one too...what about that?
I am assuming that these "official" sites have some clout to get messages to and from their respected namesakes. So..I am wondering what in the heck do they know?

Tamara
Hi Tamara

having had quite a lot of dealings with that side of things ie trying to get stuff onto official website....the folks that run the sites have no REAL dealings with management so have no say in the day to day affairs of the band. AND everything that appears on the website has to be approved by management.

Louise

Last edited by highpriestess53; 05-24-2003 at 04:26 AM..
Old 05-24-2003, 04:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i was aware of some of these happenings but after reading this whole thread this evening i was sent into a state of acute sickness..... i consider myself a very resilient person.... when **** happens to me i can let it roll off my back pretty damn quickly.... but i was sick for quite awhile tonight... not only because of the stuff that has happened with JT and these emails... but mostly after reading fans' responses.... i am so terribly bummed for people whose views of the band have changed.... i got to a sad point tonight where i couldn't make myself happy by listening to a stevie or fm cd.... it didn't work... it did not make me feel one bit better... the whole cd started and ended without my noticing.... i am just sort of in a daze.... i myself still love the band the same as i did a year or two or 10 years ago.... but it breaks my heart that this man changed other fans' lives when it comes to their love for fleetwood mac.

the man needs to go.

maybe britney spears needs a fanclub person? she can have him. we don't want him.
Old 05-24-2003, 04:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default A Plea

Hey Y'all

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, for the sake of ALL FM fans, direct some of this anger that you feel to the bands management and any contacts connected to the band that you may have that are willing and able to help in the cause for getting this man ousted.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default not only a crook,

but a dumb*ss, too. What an unbelievable stupid thing, that "accidentally" sent e-mail. And those naive reactions on his stupid behaviour are hillarious. I've been so stupid becoming a member for the tickets. But hey, 60 bucks is nothing compared to what you girls are experiencing. Keep up, we'll support you!

Old 05-24-2003, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by PollyThePenguin
Oh and btw.... the posts on the boards are clearly marked the same as this. No need to click on it if you find it a 'boring diatribe'.
Old 05-24-2003, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sparky

I would compare that man to a reptile, but reptile rights groups would likely sue me for defamation.
That would make an excellent signature! LOL!

Pip