The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2016, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New songs performed on each "new studio album" tour.

In past tours to promote new studio albums, Stevie has always been really good at throwing a lot of new songs in the mix of her Fleetwood Mac hits and top charting singles. I think this bodes well for the upcoming 24KG Tour...at least I hope it does. Last night, I tried to compile a list of new songs that Stevie introduced during her live set as each new studio album was released.

Please help me and let me know whether I have missed anything. I know that, with some tours like WH and RAL, she would drop songs throughout the tour...or like with TOSOTM tour, she would add songs and perform them once or twice.

Bella Donna (White Winged Dove Tour)
(Because it was her first solo record and she really only had a handful of Fleetwood Mac songs, she basically HAD to do as many album cuts as she could to round out the set.)
1. Think About It
2.Outside The Rain
3. After The Glitter Fades
4. Gold & Braid
5. Bella Donna
6. Blue Lamp
7. Leather & Lace
8. How Still My Love
9. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
10. Edge Of Seventeen

Wild Heart Tour

(This was my first time seeing her live. I wish she would have performed more cuts off this album for this tour.)
1. If Anyone Falls
2. Stand Back
3. Beauty And The Beast
4. Enchanted (for a few early shows)
5. I Will Run To You (once with Tom at Radio City)

Rock A Little Tour or..."The Hot Mess Tour"
1. Talk To Me
2. No Spoken Word
3. I Can't Wait
4. Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

The Other Side Of The Mirror Tour
1. Rooms On Fire
2. Alice
3. Whole Lotta Trouble
4. Two Kinds Of Love
5. Juliet (performed outside the US, right?)

Street Angel
(she sounded SO GOOD during this tour!)
1. Docklands
2. Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind
3. Destiny
4. Blue Denim

Enchanted Tour
(Even though it wasn't a new "studio" album, I thought I'd add this because she did quite a few songs that she hadn't done live before on previous tours)
1. Garbo
2. Rose Garden
3. Sleeping Angel
4. Twisted

Trouble In Shangri-La Tour
1. Sorcerer
2. Every Day
3. Planets Of The Universe
4. Too Far From Texas
5. Bombay Sapphires
6. Fall From Grace

In Your Dreams Tour
1. Secret Love
2. Moonlight
3. Soldier's Angel
4. For What It's Worth
5. Annabelle Lee
6. Ghosts Are Gone
(On her Birthday show in 2011, she performed both In Your Dreams and Cheaper Than Free)

Am I missing anything?

Last edited by sorcerer999; 10-06-2016 at 12:06 PM..
Old 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She did New Orleans once...
Old 10-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Good Job
Juliet was performed in the USA and Canada during the first few weeks of the OSOTM tour.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Are you sure she did Docklands? I don't remember that at all. But then again, my memory is pretty sucky these days.

Kevin
Old 10-06-2016, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
Are you sure she did Docklands? I don't remember that at all. But then again, my memory is pretty sucky these days.

Kevin
Yes she did Docklands. You can catch it on youtube during the Street Angel tour. During her last shows of the tour when she grew frustrated over the record, its poor sales, and people talking about her weight, she dropped it and put Rooms on Fire in its place during the House of Blues shows.

I LOVE Street Angel. I never could understand of all the great songs on the album she did Docklands.

Note: For the live shows she dropped "laundromat" and inserted "river" "You go down to the river....maybe your sister is there,
Old 10-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope she and her band will put the setlist in the blender on shuffle mode for us that go to multiple shows .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-06-2016, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes she did Docklands. You can catch it on youtube during the Street Angel tour. During her last shows of the tour when she grew frustrated over the record, its poor sales, and people talking about her weight, she dropped it and put Rooms on Fire in its place during the House of Blues shows.

I LOVE Street Angel. I never could understand of all the great songs on the album she did Docklands.

Note: For the live shows she dropped "laundromat" and inserted "river" "You go down to the river....maybe your sister is there,
Interesting. I loathe that song and I'm sure I would have remembered, so maybe the show I went to was one where she didn't do it.

Thanks.

Kevin

Well I just looked it up on line and I guess I just can't remember anything anymore. (sobbing on the floor)

Last edited by pattyfan; 10-06-2016 at 10:31 PM..
Old 10-18-2016, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
In past tours to promote new studio albums, Stevie has always been really good at throwing a lot of new songs in the mix of her Fleetwood Mac hits and top charting singles. I think this bodes well for the upcoming 24KG Tour...at least I hope it does. Last night, I tried to compile a list of new songs that Stevie introduced during her live set as each new studio album was released.

Please help me and let me know whether I have missed anything. I know that, with some tours like WH and RAL, she would drop songs throughout the tour...or like with TOSOTM tour, she would add songs and perform them once or twice.

Bella Donna (White Winged Dove Tour)
(Because it was her first solo record and she really only had a handful of Fleetwood Mac songs, she basically HAD to do as many album cuts as she could to round out the set.)
1. Think About It
2.Outside The Rain
3. After The Glitter Fades
4. Gold & Braid
5. Bella Donna
6. Blue Lamp
7. Leather & Lace
8. How Still My Love
9. Stop Draggin' My Heart Around
10. Edge Of Seventeen

Wild Heart Tour

(This was my first time seeing her live. I wish she would have performed more cuts off this album for this tour.)
1. If Anyone Falls
2. Stand Back
3. Beauty And The Beast
4. Enchanted (for a few early shows)
5. I Will Run To You (once with Tom at Radio City)

Rock A Little Tour or..."The Hot Mess Tour"
1. Talk To Me
2. No Spoken Word
3. I Can't Wait
4. Has Anyone Ever Written Anything For You

The Other Side Of The Mirror Tour
1. Rooms On Fire
2. Alice
3. Whole Lotta Trouble
4. Two Kinds Of Love
5. Juliet (performed outside the US, right?)

Street Angel
(she sounded SO GOOD during this tour!)
1. Docklands
2. Maybe Love Will Change Your Mind
3. Destiny
4. Blue Denim

Enchanted Tour
(Even though it wasn't a new "studio" album, I thought I'd add this because she did quite a few songs that she hadn't done live before on previous tours)
1. Garbo
2. Rose Garden
3. Sleeping Angel
4. Twisted

Trouble In Shangri-La Tour
1. Sorcerer
2. Every Day
3. Planets Of The Universe
4. Too Far From Texas
5. Bombay Sapphires
6. Fall From Grace

In Your Dreams Tour
1. Secret Love
2. Moonlight
3. Soldier's Angel
4. For What It's Worth
5. Annabelle Lee
6. Ghosts Are Gone
(On her Birthday show in 2011, she performed both In Your Dreams and Cheaper Than Free)

Am I missing anything?
In your dreams the song also made it onto the opening night set list of the actual IYD tour until she replace it with Landslide

But your very right. Stevie has been great at putting new songs in her set this century. The difference between IYD and 24KG for me is with IYD all I wanted from her was to put anything from the album in the set since I like all the songs about the same. I preferred to here GHosts are Gone to wide Sargasso Sea but if she had done WSS instead I would've been fine. Really any 6 songs from IYD would've worked for me despite still having preferences.

But with 24 KG there are 5 to 6 songs that I love and are among my favorites of Stevie's whole career that I desperately want her to do and about 6 I don't want her to do. So I'm very nervous and excited to see what she does next week. And for the record those songs I want her to play are:

Starshine- not only does this have to be played, it needs to open the show. The only substitution I'd except is I can't wait to both shock the **** out if us and really pump up the crowd or one of her 2 recent rockers (Fall from Grace or Ghosts are Gone )

Mable Normand- honestly all I need to know is this song is in the set and I'll immediately plan in going to both Toronto and MSG! It can be Mable Normand and dreams and Rhiannon played 5 timesa pie pec and I'd go if she just plays this danmed song!

24KG- a no brainier, it's the name of the tour and she can wear her stupid cape for 2 songs. But on a deeper note I feel she will add a lot to this song live. She may even throw in some if the lost versus from the demo.

All the Beautiful Worlds- stevie said when the album was released she'd love to do this on stage, I hope she doesn't change her mind.

Honestly I'd be fine with only those 4 songs. Especially since this album is almost a new album/die hard fan greatest hits album, so technically IYD still holds the "newest" songs. So more then 4 would be great, but I'd be absolutely fine with 4 if it allows her to do more deeper cuts land possibly more from IYD.

The other 2 I'd love her to play are Twisted and I Don't Care. I don't expect her to do I Don't Care and would be fine with an older rocker instead but would be thrilled if she somehow decides to do it. And then I dint even no whether to count Twisted in this group but whatever group it's in, it's one of Stevie's greatest songs. I love all 3 versions and would absolutely love it's inclusion in this set.

He Will Burn You Down

Last edited by Hawkeye; 10-18-2016 at 03:07 PM..
Old 10-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I said in another thread that I Can't Wait would be an incredible song for Stevie to start off with. I really, really wish she would consider this. She said it was a hard song to sing live, and it probably is challenging, but I think her drug problems in 1986 were the culprit. Plus, Marilyn Martin sang so well on that song and now she's one of Stevie's backup singers- the timing is perfect to put I Can't Wait back in the set!