The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-07-2016, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As soon as she started that Moonlight talk, I cringed. All that talk and the song is calculated to reach a younger audience. Not organic at all.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie sounded and looked so beautiful and James kissing her boots was just incredible.

I've uploaded the whole show in very good quality if anyone is interested: http://www.mediafire.com/file/bt2w33wnr662clh/TLLS.mkv

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.

Last edited by Danielle; 10-07-2016 at 01:20 PM..
Old 10-07-2016, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is so obvious to me that a certain few people on this board come here with ONE PURPOSE ONLY....to try to stir the pot. They come and make insults to Stevie hoping to get a rise out of us but I am no longer biting. Stevie could say that the sky was blue and they would say she was either a liar or was color blind...but would never admit anything positive.

So...I say to the moderators and your policy about how you can insult the members of the band but not the members of the board...you need to take a second look at that because that is just wrong. All these insults for the sake of being argumentative should be addressed and those people should be removed....at least in my opinion. All they are doing is daring someone to insult them personally. I think I had to deal with this in middle school for a few years until I finally had enough and popped someone in the mouth.

Believe me...this is so not who I am. I do not like conflict but I am also not one to just sit back and let the children run crazy in the streets.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

If there are certain posters you feel are simply being trolls, please don't hesitate to contact Michele or myself. We do take that type of behavior seriously and have disciplined for it in the past when it was extreme. In general we try to moderate content as little as possible, though. As long as the discussion is on-topic and can be backed with evidence, it's pretty well fair game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
It is so obvious to me that a certain few people on this board come here with ONE PURPOSE ONLY....to try to stir the pot. They come and make insults to Stevie hoping to get a rise out of us but I am no longer biting. Stevie could say that the sky was blue and they would say she was either a liar or was color blind...but would never admit anything positive.

So...I say to the moderators and your policy about how you can insult the members of the band but not the members of the board...you need to take a second look at that because that is just wrong. All these insults for the sake of being argumentative should be addressed and those people should be removed....at least in my opinion. All they are doing is daring someone to insult them personally. I think I had to deal with this in middle school for a few years until I finally had enough and popped someone in the mouth.

Believe me...this is so not who I am. I do not like conflict but I am also not one to just sit back and let the children run crazy in the streets.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Okay--NOW I'm excited about the tour. Loved the performance, loved the interview, and LOVE Baby Lily! MacFan, thank you SO much for uploading.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post

The insults are so unnecessary. I am a fan of the band, and that includes all the members, but especially Christine, Lindsey, and Stevie, because they're the singers and the songwriters. But it was such a disappointment to come here and see people making fun of Stevie's appearance, etc. Unfortunately, I fed into that negativity myself, but I'm trying to avoid it now. I think the best way to avoid the negativity is to use the 'ignore' feature on certain posters.

Saying Stevie looks haggard, for example. Why go to the trouble of writing that? The whole band is in their 60s and 70s, for God's sake! I think they look damn good for their age, but sure there's gonna be some pictures that are unflattering. Why call attention to it unless you're going for a "ha ha" moment? Some people, when they're unhappy, feel better if they can make other people unhappy.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Registered

I find it interesting and and almost comical .
I am not bothered by it ,it is the interweb and I don't know any of you personally,s o I am not affected by any of it. so I take a moment sometimes reread the post they did take time to write it and consider the source ,wonder if they tied their shoes without help today and move on with my day

I never respond. Because they want you too ,if you respond you are just playing into it and you're as much at fault.

Last edited by olive; 10-07-2016 at 03:50 PM..
Old 10-07-2016, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's really apparent she's happy being in the spotlight alone without having to share it with the likes of Christine and Lindsey. She gets more attention this way which is what she craves. Spending a few months in the studio takes her away from that.
Old 10-07-2016, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Although I hate the interview, I love that she sang Leather and Lace instead of Edge, landslide or Stand Back.

There is something else I love - the looks of her background singers. They are old and their looks hold so much character. They remind me of beautiful, old vampires. Very gothic!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I find it interesting and and almost comical .
I am not bothered by it ,it is the interweb and I don't know any of you personally,s o I am not affected by any of it. so I take a moment sometimes reread the post they did take time to write it and consider the source ,wonder if they tied their shoes without help today and move on with my day

I never respond. Because they want you too ,if you respond you are just playing into it and you're as much at fault.
This is exactly how I feel. Whenever anyone slams Stevie in that unnecessary way - which is different from positive criticism - I laugh and think of how unhappy the poster must be in their life. Then I go from being entertained by them to feeling sorry for them so I do experience emotions but anger is never one of them. I just hope they find happiness So don't let it get to you.
Old 10-07-2016, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry for the delay.Had computer issues here but heres the almost complete show with her on it also includes L&L in seg 4.The monologue,commercials and some other filler was edited out.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qidvi9...62016_seg1.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/file/d7krk9...62016_seg2.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/file/u9811e...62016_seg3.mp4

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gx2vo4...62016_seg4.mp4

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 10-07-2016 at 06:52 PM..
Old 10-07-2016, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I did noticed that James and the others were star stucked over Stevie being there.That was funny when James got down and kissed her feet.Also Taylor was saying when he was star stucked when he first met her at a screening.She was talking to him and he was lala land .LOL.........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-07-2016, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 10-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thank so much for the posts Skip.
It's the only way I have been able to view here in Australia.
All other You Tube feeds won't play here.