Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:23 AM
Registered

i am waiting to she how she sequences it
Old 10-19-2016, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We are now less than a week away from knowing. Excited yet nervous! I don't buy this whole "changing up the set list night by night" mumbo jumbo. Stevie will plan out her set list with 16 songs, sing them all straight through night after night for four or five shows, then drop one or two "new songs" and replace them with "Landslide" and "Enchanted" for the remainder of the tour.

Nothing ever changes. No it doesn't.
Old 10-19-2016, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
There are a few things she says in this Podcast that are telling. I was amazed when, after her dog died, she "decided" she didn't want to "stay home this year", so she decided to tour.

Stay home this YEAR!??

Interesting that she thinks about things in those terms. Most people have a sad event happen and get depressed about it and decide to stay home and work out their grief for maybe a week. A couple of weeks at the most. Some people are lucky and get a bereavement period for a month.

Stevie, being a celebrity for decades and decades, has the luxury of deciding to stay home for a YEAR.

P.S. I'm also willing to bet that this was her "excuse" to the band for not recording music with them these past 10 months.
Ha! Her dog would've received about the same amount of grieving time as her mom

Glad that she has Lily to distract her now.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am legitimately very excited,for this Tuesday. I haven't awaited the opening night of,a,tour this,much since 2003! So,much mystery and anticipation not,only around,opening night but around the first few shows to see if she follows thru with her alternating sets.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-19-2016, 01:08 PM
Registered

she does seem to have the same enthusiasm as she did for the Caesars Palace Shows
Old 10-19-2016, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
she does seem to have the same enthusiasm as she did for the Caesars Palace Shows
I feel people are really over using that comparison, myself included. When I really think about it, she's made way bigger and specific promises about this tour then that show. Everything she said about the cesars show was very vague. It was going to be very "different" she was gonna wear different clothes (I think there was a slightly altered shawl or something ) She was not gonna give up on TISL because it never got enough of a chance initially due to her being sick and 9/11 (BS I know but she followed thru there with Sorcerer and Fall From Grace) How Still My Love, If Anyone Falls and Beauty and the Beast were all "kind of" her making good on playing different songs. She never named specific songs she wanted to bring back except maybe Highwayman and i for one dont care if she ever plays that one (if she didn't on the two voices tour then it aint ever gonna happen) She said she was gonna utilize the big stage and large screens (She absolutely followed thru here. This was the first time we got the now very staple use of the screens behind stevie showing either video montages or just kaleidoscope type colors)

So if anything I think she has more enthusiasm now and we shouldn't use the 2005 CEsars as a reason to "expect" her to disappoint us. She has the "potential" to let us down even more due to much more specific promises.

Another angle that I'm thinking is this tour is taking the place of something else that everyone really wants (her to be recording with Fleetwood Mac) where as in 2005 she was doing shows that were taking the place of nothing. So she needs to truly deliver making this a special tour or a lot of us including me will be pissed.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 10-20-2016, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I feel people are really over using that comparison, myself included. When I really think about it, she's made way bigger and specific promises about this tour then that show. Everything she said about the cesars show was very vague. It was going to be very "different" she was gonna wear different clothes (I think there was a slightly altered shawl or something ) She was not gonna give up on TISL because it never got enough of a chance initially due to her being sick and 9/11 (BS I know but she followed thru there with Sorcerer and Fall From Grace) How Still My Love, If Anyone Falls and Beauty and the Beast were all "kind of" her making good on playing different songs. She never named specific songs she wanted to bring back except maybe Highwayman and i for one dont care if she ever plays that one (if she didn't on the two voices tour then it aint ever gonna happen) She said she was gonna utilize the big stage and large screens (She absolutely followed thru here. This was the first time we got the now very staple use of the screens behind stevie showing either video montages or just kaleidoscope type colors)

So if anything I think she has more enthusiasm now and we shouldn't use the 2005 CEsars as a reason to "expect" her to disappoint us. She has the "potential" to let us down even more due to much more specific promises.

Another angle that I'm thinking is this tour is taking the place of something else that everyone really wants (her to be recording with Fleetwood Mac) where as in 2005 she was doing shows that were taking the place of nothing. So she needs to truly deliver making this a special tour or a lot of us including me will be pissed.
Plus in 2005 she didn't have any new material since her previous tour. This time out, she's got her 24K Gold songs. And she was very ambitious on her IYD tour, performing a number of songs from that album.

I will admit I am wondering just how many songs we will hear from 24KG, but only because she wants to do all those title tracks and keeps mentioning a handful of IYD songs. Add in the must-play hits, and it seems like there may only be room for 2 or 3 songs from 24KG.
Old 10-21-2016, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

people ... expect NOTHING
then you will never be disappointed
only nicely surprised

I think she's going to do something amazing
but that's coz i wont be able to see a show