The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I predict they will release the new album this fall. They only said a few months ago it would be after the tour because they didn't know how far along they would get and did not want to generate false expectations. Now it appears they are moving very quickly. Based on the recent interviews, Lindsey and Christine's songs are either finished or close (75%). Everything will probably hinge on how fast Stevie's contributions will take.

By the way, the days of Stevie only having 3 or so songs ended in the 80's. I expect at least 4 to 5.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
"We were here at the Village for I think 4 weeks, then we took a week off, and then we were here for another 4 weeks. And this is our last few days. And we got 8 tracks, very far along... You know like 75% done in that amount of time. And all of those except for 1 are Christine, or co-writes between Christine and myself. Because it seemed like the priority was to work on her stuff then to get her feeling comfortable and feeling far along with this process and we managed that very well".
I really am very impressed that they were able to get 8 songs 75% finished. Would be very cool if they could complete one to release as a single to iTunes as the tour kicks off. I'd be happy with a nice little appetizer like that.

I'm wondering if the one song that's neither Christine's or a collaboration, is a new one from Lindsey. Or if they could have started work on one of Stevie's. (Of course I know that there will be some who feel that, if it were one of Stevie's, Lindsey would have said so. And that could be true.)

Last edited by Johnny Stew; 05-06-2014 at 03:15 PM..
Old 05-06-2014, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
I really am very impressed that they were able to get 8 songs 75% finished. Would be very cool if they could complete one to release as a single to iTunes as the tour kicks off. I'd be happy with a nice little appetizer like that.

So is the one song that's neither Christine's or a collaboration, a new one from Lindsey? Or could they have started work on one of Stevie's?
I think they will release a yummy, little single appetizer to coincide with the tour kick off. I'm probably one of the few people who still believes FM can still crack the top 40 given the proper promotion, etc.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm wondering if the one song that's neither Christine's or a collaboration, is a new one from Lindsey. Or if they could have started work on one of Stevie's. (Of course I know that there will be some who feel that, if it were one of Stevie's, Lindsey would have said so. And that could be true.)
That was definately one of himself. I can't imagine it was one of Stevie's and him not mentioning that.

Old 05-06-2014, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I predict we get an album with 5 Lindsey songs, 4 Christine songs and 4 Stevie songs.
And I won't be surprised if Sad Angel and Miss Fantasy make a reappearance on a legitimate album.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
That was definately one of himself. I can't imagine it was one of Stevie's and him not mentioning that.
I'll bet you're right, Gerald. And since the songs he did last year with Mick & John were meant to be more "Fleetwood Mac-esque," this new track could be something a little more Buckingham-esque for contrast.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well so he says the goal for those 8 weeks in the studio was to get Christine comfortable with her stuff, the process, working together with him etc. Not necessarily to do a FM album or to have Stevie involved at all. But for Chris to get back up to speed with writing and arranging and recording her material as material for FM which means working again with Lindsey. So this makes perfect sense to me why Stevie isn't there.
Here we go rationalizing again. Stevie is not absent because she's not needed. Stevie is absent because she's doing other things. And she's not doing other things because band doesn't need her. I think it's clear the band would like her to be there working with them. They did work on a Lindsey song according to this interview, but decided to focus on mostly Christine's stuff. They don't have the option to work on Stevie songs. He also implied they were indeed working on an album. They're not doing this for practice.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-06-2014 at 03:37 PM..
Old 05-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'll bet you're right, Gerald. And since the songs he did last year with Mick & John were meant to be more "Fleetwood Mac-esque," this new track could be something a little more Buckingham-esque for contrast.
I hope not.. We've had plenty of "Buckingham-esque" solo music the past several years and it time for "Fleetwood Mac-esque" music. It's like omg...we finally have the classic line up!
Old 05-06-2014, 04:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Buckingham-esque

Hoping that either SA or MF make it onto the album. They are reminiscent of the classic FM sound and, with the addition of Christine, could be much bigger than they were if handled the right way airplay wise. If they want to do something with this they need to be pushing the hell out of it. I don't think FM needs some weird songs right now...but that might be just me.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
Hoping that either SA or MF make it onto the album. They are reminiscent of the classic FM sound and, with the addition of Christine, could be much bigger than they were if handled the right way airplay wise. If they want to do something with this they need to be pushing the hell out of it. I don't think FM needs some weird songs right now...but that might be just me.
It's not just you. Enough of the "weird," whisper music and time for the more classic sound (i.e., White Album, Rumours, Non-experimental parts of Tusk (60 percent), Mirage and Tango in the Night). We've gotten plenty of the other weird/odd Lindsey music with much of SYW and most of his solo project material (minus Out of the Cradle).
Old 05-06-2014, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This will be their last album.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
It's not just you. Enough of the "weird," whisper music and time for the more classic sound (i.e., White Album, Rumours, Non-experimental parts of Tusk (60 percent), Mirage and Tango in the Night). We've gotten plenty of the other weird/odd Lindsey music with much of SYW and most of his solo project material (minus Out of the Cradle).
speak for yourself! plus, some of Lindsey's GOS and SWS stuff was not really that experimental, both albums offer the whole spectrum of different material.

hopefully he'll use these 2 months that he seems to now have before rehearsals start to work on some solo stuff... that way people who like "non-weird" stuff can get their Mac fix and the rest of us can get some more solo output that we love so much. it's been too long - since 2011!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
This will be their last album.
It will be FM"s "Farewell Album" but the Travelling Oldies Cash Grab Tour will continue long after they should have retired and they are just being a mockery of themselves...
Old 05-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I can only pray. By the way Fleetwood Mac-esque, or more 'popmac'?
World turning, I'm so afraid, all nine Tusktracks from Lindsey, Sara, SOTM, Brown Eyes, Storms, Empire State, EOTW, Caroline, TITN, The chain, about ten tracks of Say you will. ( including three from Stevie), are all very Fleetwood Mac-esque to me, and all no real popformat tunes. What is Fleetwood Mac-esque or weird? No, it's in FM's DNA. So called weird tracks are as FM as is Little Lies. I hope Lindsey writes some more gritty songs to balance everything out. Who only wants pop doesn't really love FM. Not that you do Stew, but the other ones that posted on your comment.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
speak for yourself! plus, some of Lindsey's GOS and SWS stuff was not really that experimental, both albums offer the whole spectrum of different material.

hopefully he'll use these 2 months that he seems to now have before rehearsals start to work on some solo stuff... that way people who like "non-weird" stuff can get their Mac fix and the rest of us can get some more solo output that we love so much. it's been too long - since 2011!!
Re-read my post... I was speaking for myself.