User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Based on this quote I finally can comment about the book, and reviving this thread .

Unless he kept a journal, something hard to believe, it's unbelievable how can he recalls all that data.
He definitely commented that he kept a journal during the time he worked with them, and there were photos of the notes he made in the book too. Along with dates. I'm not a technical music person, but I keep fairly indepth notes about my work, so I could see why they would need to keep track of all the work they were doing. And if they were as stoned as they said they were alot of the time, then you'd really need to look back on those notes. Something tells me that Mick would NOT keep notes, call me crazy, but that's my guess..............
Old 03-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Has anyone read Carol Ann Harris's book? I read Mick's bio from 1990, I'm considering getting Carol's book. Anyone read it already? Thoughts? Reviews?
Old 03-11-2014, 04:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Has anyone read Carol Ann Harris's book? I read Mick's bio from 1990, I'm considering getting Carol's book. Anyone read it already? Thoughts? Reviews?
There have been several threads on Carol Ann's book over the years, this being the largest:

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ghlight=storms

The book is highly controversial to say the least, but I still feel it's a worthy read for the dedicated Mac fan.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Registered

I'd Read It

I Think Carol Ann "sprinkled" some lies here and there. But it is worth the book. it is pretty good
Old 03-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
I'd Read It

I Think Carol Ann "sprinkled" some lies here and there. But it is worth the book. it is pretty good
It won't hurt, humorous! But.....not so kind to Lindsey.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, I know Lindsey loved Christine. Those SYW comments were not from a guy who felt neutral or happy about her exit. He was upset and felt hurt, although he even acknowledged that she had the right to leave, as he had in 1987. That's what he said, but that's not how he felt. He spends half the time in The Dance video gazing at her across the stage. He may not have been in the rhythm section, but he played off of her like John did.

I liked it in the book when Ken explained how Christine did YMLF by herself, which is one of the first songs she did without Lindsey tweaking and when Lindsey got back to the studio and heard it, he was proud of her. Even on stage you can see what great pleasure he takes in YMLF.

Michele
OMG! I was thinking the same thing! In The Dance during My Little Demon Lindsey was trying to look over at Chris but Stevie kept on trying to get in his way by making faces and banging her tambourine in his face but b/c he is so much taller than her he just looked right over her.The next shot of her shows her very straight faced and quite annoyed-too f....king funnyIt seems our girl does NOT like being ignored!I bet Lind's got a real earful of crap after the show...
Old 03-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
OMG! I was thinking the same thing! In The Dance during My Little Demon Lindsey was trying to look over at Chris but Stevie kept on trying to get in his way by making faces and banging her tambourine in his face but b/c he is so much taller than her he just looked right over her.The next shot of her shows her very straight faced and quite annoyed-too f....king funnyIt seems our girl does NOT like being ignored!I bet Lind's got a real earful of crap after the show...
Generally, when Lindsey is singing he is looking at Stevie or into the audience and when he is standing away from his mic, he is looking at Christine. That's always been true, before the Dance taping and after it. I'm not sure how much of her piano he can hear through his floor monitor, but I think looking at Christine is part of his guitar playing, in a way.

Michele
Old 03-19-2014, 11:00 AM
Ledgie

I read this earlier this year. It was OK but it's one of those books where you can tell the author wants it to be a movie...
Old 03-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenStu View Post
I read this earlier this year. It was OK but it's one of those books where you can tell the author wants it to be a movie...
See? I definitely got that impression from Carol Ann's book, but not Ken's. Ken's book was way more technical than anyone interested in making a movie would care about. Whereas Carol Ann's book was solely about heightened personal drama; I still feel that Ken's book was more about the logistics of making a hit record.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Generally, when Lindsey is singing he is looking at Stevie or into the audience and when he is standing away from his mic, he is looking at Christine. That's always been true, before the Dance taping and after it. I'm not sure how much of her piano he can hear through his floor monitor, but I think looking at Christine is part of his guitar playing, in a way.

Michele
I agree with you Michele. I also think it maybe part of his playing style, because Stevie has said in the past that before they started to use the earphones they use speakers that would just blast the music back onto the stage and it was very hard to hear.

Also, something I haven't seen said before is; I think Bleed to Love her is about Stevie (I know I'm in the minority here) and I don't think Lindsey would have wanted to look at Stevie when he was singing the lyrics to that particular song (if you notice he almost made a point of NOT looking at Stevie), so instead he sang the song to Christine.

And as far as books go, Carol Ann's book was just drama, drama, drama. Ken's book was pretty technical and there aren't very many salacious stories about the band and all the drama going on around him at the time. It's almost like the band never argued with each other while they were in the studio (and we know that's not true). I interviews Ken's said that the band members (especially Stevie and Lindsey) argued almost daily. And an interesting note for me is when Ken said that at one point Christine was going to help him and give him stories for the book, but then pulled back and said she couldn't do it. He said he later found out that Lindsey was thinking about writing his own book and told the band members not to help Ken out.

I really hope Lindsey does write an autobiography because I would love to read it. He's been meligned a lot over the years (I'm sure a lot of it was earned) and I can see him wanting the public to understand his side of the story too.

I am looking forward to Ken's book about Tusk, I have a feeling he maybe willing to tell a bit more about what was going on behind the scenes in that book, because he's going to want to try and sell more books than he last time.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeshere View Post
I agree with you Michele. I also think it maybe part of his playing style,
I think it's part of his playing style with Christine. He doesn't do the same thing with Brett, although there are definitely times when he and Brett make eye contact. And what he does with Christine was completely absent when Dan Garfield was his keyboardist that one tour.

Michele
Old 03-22-2014, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone else read whatever articles that said Lindsey was being a bitch about Christine coming back he said "she can't just come and go" or something like that. He quit the band on pretty bad terms back in 87-88 and he was welcomed back ten years later and he's going to be the butt hurt one about Christine coming back. Or maybe it has something to do with Christine retiring not long after Lindsey came back, but they did do the dance tour before Christine left.

Last edited by Wdm6789; 03-22-2014 at 03:16 PM..
Old 03-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's part of his playing style with Christine. He doesn't do the same thing with Brett, although there are definitely times when he and Brett make eye contact. And what he does with Christine was completely absent when Dan Garfield was his keyboardist that one tour.

Michele
Well I don't think Brett or Dan are as easy on the eyes as Christine is..
But again, I agree with you....Even back in 75 he would turn to the right and plays towards the keyboards, so appears to be just his style of playing.
Old 05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
See? I definitely got that impression from Carol Ann's book, but not Ken's. Ken's book was way more technical than anyone interested in making a movie would care about. Whereas Carol Ann's book was solely about heightened personal drama; I still feel that Ken's book was more about the logistics of making a hit record.
I agree with you 100% about the difference between these books. And both were very interesting and great reads.