The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-14-2014, 04:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default How will FM touring a new Stevie Nicks record work.

Stevie plans to have her new record "24 Karat Gold/Songs From The Vault" out in October...FM has never toured in support of a Stevie Nicks album how do you think it will work?

Nicks' publicist, Liz Rosenberg, says that Nicks hopes to release the album in October on Reprise/Warner Bros. Records. She recently recorded the "24 Karat" tunes in Nashville, and will continue working on the album in Los Angeles...

24 Karat Gold Billboard article

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 05-14-2014 at 04:42 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She promoted the Soundstage Sessions DVD during FM's Unleashed tour in 2009 as I remembered.

With FM touring at the time It might get a good kick start in sales.I think thats what they are aiming at.

She will keep it alive in 2015 and probably do a solo tour to promote it and play some of the tunes from it live.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Stevie plans to have her new record "24 Karat Gold/Songs From The Vault" out in October...FM has never toured in support of a Stevie Nicks album how do you think it will work?

Nicks' publicist, Liz Rosenberg, says that Nicks hopes to release the album in October on Reprise/Warner Bros. Records. She recently recorded the "24 Karat" tunes in Nashville, and will continue working on the album in Los Angeles...

Wait, is she actually doing that? That doesnt sit right with me, especially considering that there won't be a band album. It just seems kind of opportunistic to promote her solo album using the hype surrounding Christine's return when they could have promoted a FM album instead. That's a real damn shame if it's true...I don't even like her solo career and I don't want the band pushing it in my face at their concerts.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
She promoted the Soundstage Sessions DVD during FM's Unleashed tour in 2009 as I remembered.

With FM touring at the time It might get a good kick start in sales.I think thats what they are aiming at.

She will keep it alive in 2015 and probably do a solo tour to promote it and play some of the tunes from it live.
Excellent point! Stevie released Soundstage Sessions on March 31, 2009, one month after the Unleashed tour began. The On With The Show tour no doubt will be great promotion for her CD. She'll have time to do a solo tour in early 2015, and then back into the studio with FM.
Old 05-14-2014, 08:41 PM
Junior Ledgie

Okay. I'm confused. The band isn't actually promoting her album, are they? Or do you guys mean she is just using the bands hype to push her album individually?

Eh...that still doesn't quite sit well with me but it's a shrewd move on her part!
Old 05-22-2014, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iktomi View Post
Okay. I'm confused. The band isn't actually promoting her album, are they? Or do you guys mean she is just using the bands hype to push her album individually?

Eh...that still doesn't quite sit well with me but it's a shrewd move on her part!
If nothing else she is a great buisinesswoman.I bet her dad taught her all about it.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This question doesn't make sense to me. FM has never promoted a Stevie Nicks solo work. Stevie promoted Soundstage Sessions during little breaks of the Unleashed Tour but FM has never toured behind a Nicks album. What makes you think this is the case?
Old 05-23-2014, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

No, Fleetwood Mac will not actively promote Stevie's solo album. If there is any sort of promotion for it on Stevie's part, it will come during the winter break from FM touring. She could do a number of small shows like the Wiltern show she did a few years back. I think Dave Stewart could coax something like that out of Stevie, and she'd actually love the hell out of it (as would her fans). It's my personal opinion Stevie is releasing this album solely for her hardcore fans. So she's probably not going to do a full scale tour behind it, etc.

Regarding Stevie skipping recording with Fleetwood Mac in 2014... I'm starting to come full circle on that. I do think Stevie decided to excuse herself because she knew Christine had to rebuild her musical chops after not playing for over a decade. So she went off and did her own thing while Lindsey nursed Christine's talent & confidence back into the daylight. I think Stevie probably knew Christine needed to ease back into this whole process of playing, recording, and touring... so she's given Christine her space. Not to mention Lindsey, Mick, John, and Chris have typically always hit the studio first, with Stevie following after the players have rooted out some musical foundations & direction.
Old 05-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why all the concern and needless speculation? Confusion reins when some people consider others' statements as fact. We don't know sh*t!. They will figure it out, and we will know when we know.

I'm just enjoying watching it all play out, albeit if not as quickly as we would like. I'm very grateful that there is new music on the horizen for both Stevie and Fleetwood Mac!

I think the cross promotion between Stevie's album and the Fleetwood Mac's tour and future album will benefit both of them. Fleetwood Mac has never directly promoted their solo work, but their individual careers inherently benefit from their membership in such a prominent band.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 05-23-2014 at 11:16 AM..
Old 05-23-2014, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post

This is a joke, right? Don't believe everything you read. Yeah, it's Stevie's publicist, is it? Isn't this the woman responsible for Fleetwood Mac? She Fleetwood Mac's publicist not Stevie's.

24 Karat Gold album

I think Stevie wants to get new music out in a rush before John dies of cancer

Just saying!!!
Old 05-23-2014, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
This is a joke, right? Don't believe everything you read. Yeah, it's Stevie's publicist, is it? Isn't this the woman responsible for Fleetwood Mac? She Fleetwood Mac's publicist not Stevie's.

24 Karat Gold album

Just saying!!!
Liz Rosenberg is Stevie's publicist, as well as Fleetwood Mac's publicist (along with many other prominent artists).
Old 05-23-2014, 11:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

24 Karat Gold album

Just saying!!!
Just saying...that doesn't make any sense to me. First off, John is in recovery. There is no more chance of him dying than any of the others.
And, it's news to me if John is playing bass on Stevie's solo album.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Just saying!!!

Huh?