The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Beautiful pic and nice to see her in RS but I am still hoping for more, like, some music.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Love mama but can't help but wonder if part of her feels a need to reassert herself as the alpha female in FM. I mean why now? Why not have gone for this around the release of say ,,IYD. with the documentary and all?? I know it will inflame some but I see her ego all over this.
Old 01-13-2015, 08:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

She looks beautiful! Could do with out the hat though, but oh well. The gloves look kind of cool I've always thought. Dolly wears them too. I think they are supposed to hide age spots/ wrinkles on the wrists.
Can't wait for tomorrow to see the new surprise.

Last edited by gssmith; 01-13-2015 at 08:36 PM..
Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She looks amazing! I couldn't be happier with the pic! But I must say I think it is more than a little odd. Christine McVie returns to FM after 16 years, they're in the middle of an extremely popular world tour yet Stevie solo ends up on the cover of RS, not the Mac. I wonder what her band mates think of all this. Don't get me wrong...I think a Stevie cover has been way overdue but I find the timing very curious.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 01-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

FRIGGING LOVE IT
she is WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW gorgeous .... duh

but the hat.
the hat makes it
Old 01-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Stevie is very direct, very honest, very self-obsessed in a way. And I don't mean that in a bad way. She has her brand, you know? She's an icon. She's a genius. She's a lovely, kind, beautiful woman, and I love her to death." - Christine McVie, from the Rolling Stone article.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

does anyone know when this will be available for purchase on newsstands? I assume it's the January 2015 Rolling Stone? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
does anyone know when this will be available for purchase on newsstands? I assume it's the January 2015 Rolling Stone? Thanks.
I'd bet it's a Feb issue… January issue would be out by now. But I forget… does RS come out more than once a month??
Old 01-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another pic from the new Rolling Stone

Old 01-13-2015, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Love mama but can't help but wonder if part of her feels a need to reassert herself as the alpha female in FM. I mean why now? Why not have gone for this around the release of say ,,IYD. with the documentary and all?? I know it will inflame some but I see her ego all over this.
Well, no one really decides they will be on the cover of Rolling Stone, except the editors of Rolling Stone. I'm sure she would have been delighted to be on the cover in 2011, but she wasn't asked. This year, she was, and who would turn that down?
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Ledgie

I took that pic and posted it on Instagram ... holy crap. I love social media!!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Well, no one really decides they will be on the cover of Rolling Stone, except the editors of Rolling Stone. I'm sure she would have been delighted to be on the cover in 2011, but she wasn't asked. This year, she was, and who would turn that down?
exactly. There's no ill will, ego, let me show the band who's boss, kind of thing going on here. As far as the timing, it is what it is. If anything, I would think it would help Fleetwood Mac with their sales, not that they need it.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://s27.photobucket.com/user/Suit....png.jpeg.html
The newer picture is soooo much better but I still hate the gloves!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

well, rarely do you just "end up" on the cover of Rolling Stone. Artists-- well, their managers, PR people, record labels, etc-- work hard to get them a cover. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that Rolling Stone didn't just approach her out of the blue… She's not exactly the hottest person in the biz right now with albums on the top of the charts and her face on every magazine out there (like she used to be, and like say Taylor Swift or Beyonce is now). Agreed it would take some time for them to get the interviews and write the piece, but not as long as you think. So it could well have been in some way prompted by the overwhelming amount of media attention dedicated to Christine since her return. Stevie wouldn't want to be overshadowed, nor would her management. See Chris' comment from the article that Stevie is a marketing genius, well aware of her brand and in her own way self-obsessed. She knows exactly what she's doing. Chris appears not to take any offense to it, nor do I. It just is what it is. Stevie is no naive babe in the woods… she's a very savvy veteran who has always been good at managing her career.
Old 01-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
well, rarely do you just "end up" on the cover of Rolling Stone. Artists-- well, their managers, PR people, record labels, etc-- work hard to get them a cover. So I think it's a pretty safe bet that Rolling Stone didn't just approach her out of the blue… She's not exactly the hottest person in the biz right now with albums on the top of the charts and her face on every magazine out there (like she used to be, and like say Taylor Swift or Beyonce is now). Agreed it would take some time for them to get the interviews and write the piece, but not as long as you think. So it could well have been in some way prompted by the overwhelming amount of media attention dedicated to Christine since her return. Stevie wouldn't want to be overshadowed, nor would her management. See Chris' comment from the article that Stevie is a marketing genius, well aware of her brand and in her own way self-obsessed. She knows exactly what she's doing. Chris appears not to take any offense to it, nor do I. It just is what it is. Stevie is no naive babe in the woods… she's a very savvy veteran who has always been good at managing her career.
The article does mention a litttle bit of tension with FM (except for Chris) as Stevie was featured solo on the cover of the magazine in the middle of a FM tour.
I think it's good for her and good for the band.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.