User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-23-2015, 12:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
tomorrow morning he'll wake up, hurting from the things they said...
but nobody else is doing it…so she needs to think of him every time she doesn't come….
This is a great line you remembered -I didn't think of that.No wonder Stevie was PO'ed that song was in their setlist.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My sister is a casual FM fan and she read the RS article. Her impressions were that the band members all hate each other, SnL fight like children and she feels bad for Lindsey
Old 02-23-2015, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Audio's right here on my tumblr.

http://buckinghamnicks-ff.tumblr.com...-out-of-a-room

'It’s very hard to get up and walk out of a room instead of turning around and saying “Well, if you really want to know how I feel, you know, let me, I’ve got a list, let me go get it.” You know. “And let’s just sit here for two or three hours”. And the next day, you’re so sorry. Because, really, half of it was totally ridiculous anyway and you could’ve just been having a bad day. An unfortunate thing that happened, you know, with me and Lindsey was, when the band broke up, was that Lindsey and I said things to each other that I wish we had never said. That are etched on both of our hearts in stone. And because of that we can never, ever be anything to each other again, ever. That was a very big lesson for me to learn and I’m, I’m very sorry for the things that I said to him. And I know he’s very sorry for the things he said to me. Because, you know, we went through too much and we lived together and we loved too much and we meant too much to each other for those words to be said. And they were said and they can never be taken back.’
of COURSE it is, nicole!

that's awesome, thanks!!
Old 02-23-2015, 01:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
This is a great line you remembered -I didn't think of that.No wonder Stevie was PO'ed that song was in their setlist.
you know, actually, I would think she'd be hella more upset by something like "you can love me baby/ but you can't walk out/ someone oughta tell you/ what it's really all about... you're never gonna make it baby" or "it's not too funny/ with no one to turn you on/ all your hope is gone/ well it's not that funny is it/don't blame me.. you're here because I say so"
Old 02-23-2015, 02:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
so who was it?

or are we just assuming because Stevie wrote that line she's the only one with complaints?
"[There was always] tension on a musical level…even though we were excellent lovers, we were competitors as well."
- Lindsey, 1984

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 02-23-2015, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
"[There was always] tension on a musical level…even though we were excellent lovers, we were competitors as well."
- Lindsey, 1984
Or so he thought:http://youtu.be/FZluzt3H6tk
Old 02-23-2015, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
tomorrow morning he'll wake up, hurting from the things they said...
but nobody else is doing it…so she needs to think of him every time she doesn't come….
Just a continuation - regarding Stevie's infidelities(maybe Mick)?"One thing leads to another,but I guess you know about thaaaaaaaat"- can you feel the feeeevaaaahh......?"
Old 02-23-2015, 07:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
you know, actually, I would think she'd be hella more upset by something like "you can love me baby/ but you can't walk out/ someone oughta tell you/ what it's really all about... you're never gonna make it baby" or "it's not too funny/ with no one to turn you on/ all your hope is gone/ well it's not that funny is it/don't blame me.. you're here because I say so"
Well, those WEREN'T her favourite Tusk songs so you never know, lol.

BAM: There seems to be a bit of revisionism about Tusk going around. When the record came out, all of you said you were delighted with it. When it didn't do so well commercially as it was expected to, the opinions within the band about the project seemed to turn more negative.

Stevie Nicks: I never felt any differently about it. I was always up-front about it. I loved the songs for the most part. I even liked almost all of Lindsey's tunes, which were the most heavily criticized. I did not love sitting around for thirteen months and I never said I did. If Tusk had been terribly successful I wouldn't have taken the credit for it because I was not that much a part of it. It was out of my hands. I didn't want it to be called Tusk. I didn't like the artwork. I'm being totally truthful--I had very little to do with that record.

BAM: How does it sound to you now?

Stevie Nicks: I love individual songs. Of my songs, I like "Sara" and "Angel" the best. I liked most of Chris' stuff. Of Lindsey's songs, I guess I like "Save Me A Place" and "Walk a Thin Line" the most. Those are beautiful songs.

I love Lindsey's work. I didn't hang around with him for seven years for nothing, listening to him play guitar every single night, watching him fall asleep with his electric guitar across his chest. There were nights I had to pry the guitar off of him so he could sleep in a normal position.

My main complaint with Tusk isn't musical. It just went on too long.

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 03-06-2015, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The next issue of Rolling Stone over here has the same article and mostly the same pictures. Thought it might be handy to upload the digital copy anyway.

COVER
TITLE

Page 1 / Page 2 / Page 3 / Page 4 / Page 5
Page 6 / Page 7 / Page 8 / Page 9 / Page 10

Old 03-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You have to remember that whatever happened right before that tour with the album made Stevie never want to record with Lindsey again. Not on a serious level anyway. That's the real burning question of the Fleetwood Mac saga in this century. What exactly did happen? "I hear the islands calling. I hear angry words flying across the ocean like some seabirds - never stopping. I feel my blood racing. I can't believe what you are saying. I used to love you so much."

I think she might have told him she didn't like his production and he might have told her he thought her songs sucked. Or vice versa. What a phone call that must have been. Yikes.
In some interview Stevie said that the sequence of the songs on SYW was one of the "topics" in the epic over the phone fight but there was probably more than just that.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...