The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Peter Green
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Ledgie

Default Damned, - am I right or am I wrong?

Dear people,

I think most of you know that Pete Bardens' "Peter B's" continued later as "Shotgun Express". One member of this band was a young Rod Stewart. Some times ago I bought a sampler of Rod's earliest recordings, - solo, with STEAMPACKET and as duo with P.P. Arnold. To tell the truth I have to say, I've heard that CD only one time before and that was years ago.

Today I took it again and listened to it much deeper then I did once. And after a while that record ran on to the track called LORD REMEMBER ME - please remember again, it's a version released under the name of STEAMPACKET and it's not(!!!) the interpretation of BRIAN AUGER'S TRINITY I know well - and I will be damned if it's not Peter Green who's singing lead on that song.

Is anybody here who has this version too or who knows it and is able to say if I could be right in my meaning. I've never heard that Pete was singing that song and I also didn't know he released somewhat for Steampacket. Maybe somebody can help me to keep it clear.

Best wishes
Manfred

Last edited by manfred; 08-16-2007 at 01:19 PM..
Old 08-16-2007, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi

I have a Rod Stewart 2 CD called "1964 - 1969", with Rod's recordings with Long John Baldry, Steampacket, P.P Arnold, Shotgun Express, Art Wood and solo. Is that the one you got? It has "Lord Remember Me" by Steampacket, and according to the sleeve notes it features Rod, Long John B., Julie Driscol, Vic Briggs, Ricky Brown, Micky Waller and Brian Auger). I've just listened to the song but can't hear any voice sounding like Peter...

Perhaps you could post it here?
Here's a clip of the version that I have:
http://www.amazon.com/1964-1969-Rod-...&sr=1-2#disc_1

Daniel
Old 08-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Ledgie

Hello dansven,

No, I own a low budget CD that has no details in it's credits. It's only called ROD STEWART and has been released by UNIVERSE/FNM-Label, Hamburg, Germany, Cat.-No. 3603.

The only note for that track is:

11. THE STEAMPACKET feat. ROD STEWART Lord Remember Me 4:16
(unknown) Copyright Control

But it sounds to me at the start very much like Greeny. And under this link ( http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...teampacket.htm ) I found the information he played indeed guitar on one or more tracks STEAMPACKET released. I've never known about this fact too before I read it in this script. So I think it could be a possibility too that he sang on one of the songs.

By the Way: I listened to the version you have. No, it is not the same I have. How strange!

Best wishes and regards
Manfred

Last edited by manfred; 08-16-2007 at 04:17 PM..
Old 08-18-2007, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manfred View Post
Hello dansven,

No, I own a low budget CD that has no details in it's credits. It's only called ROD STEWART and has been released by UNIVERSE/FNM-Label, Hamburg, Germany, Cat.-No. 3603.

The only note for that track is:

11. THE STEAMPACKET feat. ROD STEWART Lord Remember Me 4:16
(unknown) Copyright Control

But it sounds to me at the start very much like Greeny. And under this link ( http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...teampacket.htm ) I found the information he played indeed guitar on one or more tracks STEAMPACKET released. I've never known about this fact too before I read it in this script. So I think it could be a possibility too that he sang on one of the songs.

By the Way: I listened to the version you have. No, it is not the same I have. How strange!

Best wishes and regards
Manfred

Hi Manfred, are you sure it isn't the same version?
I erm... downloaded the complete track, and while it sounds a bit like Peter in the beginning it sounds like him in the 90's . After 30 years of chain-smoking.
cheers dino