Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
It Might Get Loud. Absolutely the best documentary/movie I've seen
this year. If you're the slightest bit interested in guitar, rent or even better
buy this movie. With Jimmy Page, U2's The Edge and Jack White you can't
go wrong. It's one of those movies I wished would never end.

Now I'm fired up to play, and I might just turn it to 11.
Jimmy Page and The Edge, eh? Better add that to my queue. Who is Jack White? ................ just joking!

Shout out for SPINAL TAP!!!!!
Old 12-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The English Patient: I've heard alot about this movie and so i decided to watch it and im happy i did..(bonus: Naveen Andrews is in it )..i hear theres a book..when i am no longer broke i will run to borders or books a million to get it.

Keith: never expected to see a movie with Jesse McCartney in it actually be good. now if only i had a friend i could drive around with putting bowling balls on ppl's lawns =\

From Dusk 'til Dawn: Quentin is my kind of dude..lol i wonder what his dreams are like

Garden State: two people with issues always make for a perfect story.. Natalie Portman is truly amazing and Zach Braff is a great writer i think he could probably do no wrong.. (maybe...)

Good Will Hunting: so according to other ben affleck slapped his name on this movie even tho matt wrote it..but whatever i don't really care...there's seriously nothing wrong with this movie and i love what its about..now all i need is a shrink like robin williams..i dont think that would help me at all (robin williams be crazy yo )
Old 12-25-2009, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

500 Days Of Summer

A pretty good movie.

How come you women are so hard to read???

Now I'm off to wrap the last few Christmas presents.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Hangover-the first twenty minutes or so were horrible to me, since gay has seriously become a synonym for stupid and they said faggot thirty times or so , but after that i couldn't stop laughing. Definitely one of the funniest movies I've ever seen
Old 12-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The Grapes of Wrath &
It's a Wonderful Life (every year... still love it)

Up Next: The Glass Menagerie

Last edited by desertangel; 12-26-2009 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Beyond A Reasonable Doubt

Michael Douglas stars in this low budget movie.
I'd like to comment on the ending, but I wouldn't
want to ruin it for anyone else. The movie was
pretty much a waist of time.

(does that spoil the ending?)

Last edited by iamnotafraid; 12-28-2009 at 07:22 PM..
Old 12-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Blind Side--awesome, heart-warming movie. I don't care for football, but, that doesn't matter. It was wonderful!

next up....

My Sister's Keeper
Old 12-27-2009, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw three movies this weekend:

It's Complicated
Up in the Air
Did You Hear About The Morgans?

I recommend them in that order.

While It's Complicated isn't a script masterpiece and is a bit predictable, it provided many laughs. I left the movie feeling it was a good RomCom and when it ends up on TBS or USA, i'll drop what I'm doing at that moment to watch it for the umpteenth time.

I did like Up in the Air -- but found it sort of depressing -- like in the About Schmidt way. One of those movies that makes you question what you have done with your life. I walked out of there thinking hmmm...maybe i really need to make some good resolutions for 2010. But also on the upside, I got to stare at George Clooney for 2 hours.

And the last one -- I didn't hate it. But all the good scenes were in the trailers.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:32 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
I did like Up in the Air -- but found it sort of depressing -- like in the About Schmidt way. One of those movies that makes you question what you have done with your life. I walked out of there thinking hmmm...maybe i really need to make some good resolutions for 2010. But also on the upside, I got to stare at George Clooney for 2 hours.
I was shocked at how similar the plot of "Up In The Air" was to "About Schmidt", and not just in the "both are set in Omaha" way. It almost seemed kind of forced, in a "homage" kind of way, since it would have made perfect sense for Ryan (George Clooney) to be based out of AA hub STL.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
I was shocked at how similar the plot of "Up In The Air" was to "About Schmidt", and not just in the "both are set in Omaha" way. It almost seemed kind of forced, in a "homage" kind of way, since it would have made perfect sense for Ryan (George Clooney) to be based out of AA hub STL.
Well, after learning a little more, I discovered the screenplay was adapted from a book based on a real guy who had a place in Atlanta. Guess the screenwriters must have been looking to tap into a bit more of average everyday America given the state of the economy and what the character did for a living in order to affect a larger audience. Maybe? Who knows. But without giving anything away for those who want to see it, I do recall one scene where there was a comparison to a big city vs. Omaha and it was at Omaha's expense. So the more I think about it, it was overtly intentional to pick a relatively small city I guess. Well, and that they try to make it obvious that it didn't matter where this guy physically lived. His home was in the sky.

AA certainly paid some big dollars for it's promo placement. I have a friend who actually just left her job where she worked those types of deals for movies, commercials, etc. for another airline. It's all a big deal supposedly and the airline has people on set to ensure that the airline is being portrayed in a good light. Although, i'm not sure the airline can suggest that a screenwriter change a plot line to fit with where an airline's hub happens to be. Cause I agree someone who flew 350k a year certainly didn't fly direct flights to everywhere from Omaha.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelluversu View Post
The English Patient: I've heard alot about this movie and so i decided to watch it and im happy i did..(bonus: Naveen Andrews is in it )..i hear theres a book..when i am no longer broke i will run to borders or books a million to get it.
It is, HANDS DOWN, my favorite book of all time. Seriously, I'm obsessed. READ IT.

"We die containing a richness of lovers and tribes, tastes we have swallowed, bodies we have plunged into and swum up as if rivers of wisdom, characters we have climbed into as if trees, fears we have hidden in as if caves. I wish for all this to be marked on my body when I am dead. I believe in such cartography- to be marked by nature, not just to label ourselves on a map like the names of rich men and women on buildings. We are communal histories, communal books. We are not owned or monogamous in our taste or experience. All I desired was to walk upon such an earth that had no maps."

Michael Ondaatje, I am obsessed with you.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw Nine last night and loved it, but be warned: I do exceptionally well with slow movies and Fellini's 8 1/2 is one of my favorite movies of all time, so I understood all of the references to that film. So really, I was destined to love it haha.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

IT'S COMPLICATED!!!!

omg. so good. I laughed so hard I cried..the entire audience was laughing so loud.
it was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon with my mom
Old 12-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Extract. Another waist of time.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Away We Go. Parts were funny, but overall it was only okay. What a bunch of whacky people!

Management. Pretty bad, but not as bad as I thought it was going to be.