Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, I don't think it's joking about Stevie. I think it's the part where you said that's why she is still single, as if a woman's goal in life is not to be single and it's a failing of hers somehow that she doesn't have a man.
I have no doubt though that if Lindsey were single, David would have leveled the same critique against him. I don't think it's necessarily misogynistic at all; it's a cultural thing. Something about those who chose to buck societal norms makes the masses feel uncomfortable. When a high profile male is single long-term, people start assuming he's gay. So it's the same sentiment of inadequacy, as ridiculous as that is. Even in the 21st century, we still don't know what to make of individuals who aren't interested or driven by pair bonding. Folks have to find an excuse for it, a convenient box to wrap it up in.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, that's so disappointing to hear, that Christine said she wouldn't go if Bob Welch did. I thought they got along- she sang on his solo version of Sentimental Lady after he left the band, after all.

I hate to say it, but it puts Christine in a different light if that's true.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Wow, that's so disappointing to hear, that Christine said she wouldn't go if Bob Welch did. I thought they got along- she sang on his solo version of Sentimental Lady after he left the band, after all.

I hate to say it, but it puts Christine in a different light if that's true.
I think it's somewhat important to view her actions in context with what she was going through at the time. Christine was deep in her "burning bridges" phase- her marriage had ended badly, she was selling her home in LA, purging all of her possessions, leaving Fleetwood Mac, and beginning her self-imposed exile in the English countryside. I suspect she transferred her feelings of betrayal from her husband to Bob. I do wonder if she feels the same way today; I suspect she doesn't.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I felt the same, that it put Christine in a different light for me. However, if we can put ourselves in her shoes, how would we feel if someone were suing us, and we were supposed to appear at an awards show with them? Probably much the same, I would guess. I guess she is human after all...
Old 10-13-2016, 05:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I think it's somewhat important to view her actions in context with what she was going through at the time. Christine was deep in her "burning bridges" phase- her marriage had ended badly, she was selling her home in LA, purging all of her possessions, leaving Fleetwood Mac, and beginning her self-imposed exile in the English countryside. I suspect she transferred her feelings of betrayal from her husband to Bob. I do wonder if she feels the same way today; I suspect she doesn't.
We may never know the truth but I am curious WHY the band treated Bob the way they did. From what Bob stated, he was not asking for that much. But there could be a story we don't know about. Since Bob's passing they all speak highly of him. Mick was very fond of Bob in his latest book but NOTHING about the lawsuits or the bitterness at the end. After Bob left the band supported Bob and even did his friends show in 1981. Very sad ending and we may never know the truth. I just want to know Mick and Christine's side to this because it seems so out of character. Its so odd that Stevie became his biggest friend in the years before his passing. Bob is listed on the list of "Biggest snubs of the Rock N Roll hall of fame." Ironically Stevie Nicks is also on that list.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-13-2016 at 05:19 AM..
Old 10-13-2016, 07:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
We may never know the truth but I am curious WHY the band treated Bob the way they did. From what Bob stated, he was not asking for that much. But there could be a story we don't know about. Since Bob's passing they all speak highly of him. Mick was very fond of Bob in his latest book but NOTHING about the lawsuits or the bitterness at the end.
They're probably not allowed to talk about the lawsuit. Bob hinted as much in his second Q&A.

Quote:
I just want to know Mick and Christine's side to this because it seems so out of character.
I wonder how much say they had in who was included. While Jerry Garcia insisted everyone who was ever in the Grateful Dead be inducted, the Hall of Fame didn't extend that courtesy to Kiss, who were pissed that only their classic lineup was included, or Steve Miller, who was pissed that the rest of his band was included.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life
Its so odd that Stevie became his biggest friend in the years before his passing.
They were good friends for years before. According to Wendy, they rarely saw Stevie, and Bob trashed Stevie and Lindsey on here after they refused to do a benefit for Wendy (although Mick and Billy offered to play).

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-13-2016, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
They're probably not allowed to talk about the lawsuit. Bob hinted as much in his second Q&A.

I wonder how much say they had in who was included. While Jerry Garcia insisted everyone who was ever in the Grateful Dead be inducted, the Hall of Fame didn't extend that courtesy to Kiss, who were pissed that only their classic lineup was included, or Steve Miller, who was pissed that the rest of his band was included.

They were good friends for years before. According to Wendy, they rarely saw Stevie, and Bob trashed Stevie and Lindsey on here after they refused to do a benefit for Wendy (although Mick and Billy offered to play).
You are probably correct. The Eagles cant talk about the Don Felder lawsuit even though Don Felder walked away with one of the biggest settlements in rock history.

Bob did lash out in the final few years before he passed. I assume he was only going after the albums he was involved with. Do you think he gave up rights when he left? No one would have predicted how big the Mac was when he left. They were all such good friends years after he left the Mac. I believe in Mick's first book he wrote that Bob even played with them on a few Tusk sessions. I think he opened for them somewhere too. I think the Bob Welch and friends concert is one of the best rock concerts ever recorded.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
You are probably correct. The Eagles cant talk about the Don Felder lawsuit even though Don Felder walked away with one of the biggest settlements in rock history.

Bob did lash out in the final few years before he passed. I assume he was only going after the albums he was involved with. Do you think he gave up rights when he left? No one would have predicted how big the Mac was when he left. They were all such good friends years after he left the Mac. I believe in Mick's first book he wrote that Bob even played with them on a few Tusk sessions. I think he opened for them somewhere too. I think the Bob Welch and friends concert is one of the best rock concerts ever recorded.
He may have had a point. He wrote a lot of the tunes on these albums.

1971 Future Games – 800,000
1972 Bare Trees – 1,850,000
1973 Penguin – 700,000
1973 Mystery To Me – 1,600,000
1974 Heroes Are Hard To Find – 1,300,000
Old 10-14-2016, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Also, I have "copied and saved" much of the thread where Wendy discussed it(yes, I saved it all. It was VERY likely to be deleted, and that's what I do!).

If Michele says that I can post it, I will copy and paste it.
I don't care, but the thread is probably still up in the Early Years forum. You can just link people to it.

Here it is: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ighlight=welch

Michele
Old 10-14-2016, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't care, but the thread is probably still up in the Early Years forum. You can just link people to it.

Here it is: http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ighlight=welch

Michele
Good lort, that's 16 pages of posts. Unless someone says that it's not there, I'll assume that it is! Thanks!
Old 10-14-2016, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I have no doubt though that if Lindsey were single, David would have leveled the same critique against him.
Lindsey WAS single for a very long time.

Michele
Old 10-14-2016, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
DO YOU know what Felder got? I mean, it should have been STAGGERING. Technically, by default, he was 1/3 owner of the Eagles BRAND(since Leadon and Meisner quit - giving up their own 1/5ths, respectively - and Walsh and Schmidt were never owners in the brand). I'd love to know...
Old 10-14-2016, 04:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
DO YOU know what Felder got? I mean, it should have been STAGGERING. Technically, by default, he was 1/3 owner of the Eagles BRAND(since Leadon and Meisner quit - giving up their own 1/5ths, respectively - and Walsh and Schmidt were never owners in the brand). I'd love to know...
In addition, Felder wrote some/most of the Eagles biggest hits. Felder was not going to allow them to play them live without his settlement. The settlement was so large that I believe Felder sold them the rights to his songs. Felder wrote most of the music and also assisted in writing Hotel California. The entire intro is Felder. Great interview of this where he talks a little about this on the Howard Stern show. He cant talk about it either but there are some subtle hints and talk. Poor Joe, he was really good friends with Felder and loved to jam with him on stage. He has remained silent because the Eagles would have tossed him out of the band which would have resulted in tens of millions of dollars lost of touring.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 10-14-2016 at 04:55 AM..
Old 10-27-2016, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember loving BTM when it came out and FM's desire to soldier on.
But when I try to listen to it now, BTM has a very late 1980's adult contemporary sounding feel and just doesn't do it for me any longer.
My fave eras are 75-87, and 97-2003. I am one of the few that adores SYW
Old 10-27-2016, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Lindsey WAS single for a very long time.

Michele
I wonder why he and Stevie never got back together during that single time. I mean all the lyrics are about each other. Certainly, that proves something!