Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Tour profits

Looks like the tour is well-reviewed and ticket sales have been strong. We often hear that tours are the only real way to make money in today's music world. With all these gigs on the tour, does anyone have an idea how much the band members stand to make in profit?
Old 06-09-2013, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As far as "PROFITS" I'm not sure. I think Billboard still publishes gross proceeds for individual shows though.
I noticed the line for merchandise at the Tampa show was wide and about 20-30 deep prior to the show. Looked like there was also more items for sale than offered at opening night in Columbus. Sure would be nice if they sold a CD copy of the EP at the concerts.
At any rate I'm sure a decent profit into the tens of millions is expected.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've also been interested in HOW ARE THE PROFITS SPLIT between the band? I've always just assumed that each of the four band members are paid equally. That would make sense. However, since Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham are the names that sell most of the tickets, are they paid a higher percentage than John McVie and Mick Fleetwood?

Also, how much do the backing musicians make? What kind of salary are they on? How much can Sharon Celani expect to walk away with from this tour?
Old 06-09-2013, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember reading that when this incarnation came into being(minus Christine), that touring revenue is now split:
Stevie - 40%
Lindsey - 30%
John - 15%
Mick - 15%

That actually sounds like a pretty fair breakdown to me.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's a thread from 6 years ago where this was discussed. Funny how our conversations remain the same over time.

And this from 9 years ago. http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...its#post181006

Someone said that they got a base of $600,000 per show. Lindsey and Stevie have a guarantee of $100,000 each and Mick and John had a guarantee of $50,000 each and then the rest was used to pay for the crew, etc.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 06-09-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This day in age thats not much cash with the high price of labor, insurance ,union fees ,workman's comp,fed and state taxes and other charges for the each of four members which probably add up to almost nothing.

I dont know what would be the loss of these two current show cancellations would be.I know at my job if I dont have any sick or personal days .I wont get payed for that time off.

Since Stevie makes the most She will be handing out more money to pay the bills.

Whats shocking to me .I fought the money was split 4 ways of 25 percent each after the bills were payed.It would be less each split 5 ways if Christine was still there.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is a 2008 article in which Azoff says that FM is guaranteed $650,000 per tour date.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...r+profits+band
Old 06-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Here's a thread from 6 years ago where this was discussed. Funny how our conversations remain the same over time.

And this from 9 years ago. http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...its#post181006

Someone said that they got a base of $600,000 per show. Lindsey and Stevie have a guarantee of $100,000 each and Mick and John had a guarantee of $50,000 each and then the rest was used to pay for the crew, etc.

Michele
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is a 2008 article in which Azoff says that FM is guaranteed $650,000 per tour date.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...r+profits+band
Folks, this is exactly why some shows are cancelled: when all parties involved aren't projected to surpass their minimum profit thresholds.

It's interesting to note each band member's minimum revenue guarantee for this North American leg, assuming that guarantee is the same and has not been raised:

Stevie's guaranteed to make a minimum of roughly $12,500,000
Lindsey around $9,000,000
Mick & John around $4,500,000 each

With those kind of massive profits, Stevie really has NO excuse to not record another Fleetwood Mac album. Even if it sells nothing, she's still making more money than she ever has in her life thanks to this touring revenue.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, this is the one from 2007 that I meant to link above.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=33645