The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-08-2018, 01:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Boy, the Rumours section is really appropriately named right now!

My two cents, this is all rumor that got started from Burnette's weird post. Then the rumor grew several heads in typical social media fashion.

Lindsey is not leaving nor did he get fired. Give me a break.

Jamie
Old 04-08-2018, 02:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

My two cents, this is all rumor that got started from Burnette's weird post. Then the rumor grew several heads in typical social media fashion.

Jamie
You’ve hit the nail on the proverbial....
Totally agree with you.
Talk about whipped up rumour.....someone selling something by any chance ?
Old 04-08-2018, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post

Jamie
Old 04-08-2018, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Gosh I hope you guys are right. The circumstantial evidence is just spooky IMHO.

The Billy Burnette post on twitter.
Once reported, Burnette's twitter it taken down then reappears with same post
Post cannot be book promotion since because it does not just say Lindsey out... it goes on to say he was not asked to join and seems upset about it. The book tells the story how he WAS asked to join. Plus what a horrible person Billy would be to post something like this as a joke.

The Mike Campbell addition is very specific and odd. The Heartbreakers boards are exploding with comment on this. So far Mike has not stopped any rumors or shut it down.

People are tweeting Mick about this and he is silent.

People speculated weeks ago that it was oddly silent about tour rehearsals

If untrue I am floored that Burnette would pull such a stunt. Just imagine Lindsey's reaction let alone the rest of the band. It just does not make sense to me. It would be like Sheryl Crow tweeting "Stevie out of Fleetwood Mac...I am available if they need me"

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-08-2018 at 05:57 AM..
Old 04-08-2018, 05:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Gosh I hope you guys are right. The circumstantial evidence is just spooky IMHO.

The Billy Burnette post on twitter.
Once reported, Burnette's twitter it taken down then reappears with same post
Post cannot be book promotion since because it does not just say Lindsey out... it goes on to say he was not asked to join and seems upset about it. The book tells the story how he WAS asked to join. Plus what a horrible person Billy would be to post something like this as a joke.

The Mike Campbell addition is very specific and odd. The Heartbreakers boards are exploding with comment on this. So far Mike has not stopped any rumors or shut it down.

People are tweeting Mick about this and he is silent.

People speculated weeks ago that it was oddly silent about tour rehearsals
Right and we have nothing to go on for us to dismiss this out of hand. We don’t have a single source yet that contradicts this info. Until we do we have to consider that it could be true.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=MikeVielhaber;1221585]Right and we have nothing to go on for us to dismiss this out of hand. We don’t have a single source yet that contradicts this info. Until we do we have to consider that it could be true.[/QUO

...and given its been four days now, surely if there was no truth to it somebody would have said something by now, surely. I mean, their names are being tarnished. Somebody would definitely say something to somebody, somehow just to quell the rumours.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-08-2018, 06:53 AM
Registered

By this time the rumour has spread so far that the only people who can deny or confirm it are Mick, Campbell, and Lindsey themselves. I can understand why, if the rumour is true, Fleetwood Mac and Campbell would want to keep quiet about it until they're ready--they know the fallout will be devastating, and they want to market this as positively as they possibly could under the circumstances. They need to present this as somehow an improvement, however absurd that may seem to us. How else to justify the cash grab tour?

Lindsey on the other hand--why isn't he talking? If he was fired why hasn't he gone to the media and ranted? Certainly he wasn't reticent about his feelings when this exact thing happened 30 years ago. If he is still in the band, by the same token he should have said so by this time.

I suspect that, as usual with this band, there is even more of a backstory than has been speculated, and that the supposed altercation, whatever it was, during the Musicares event was just a foretaste of the horrors that followed.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:12 AM
Ledgie

Lindsey has to be careful how he reacts to this publicly because anything he says which would seem like an attack on the band, and especially Stevie, could destroy any chance he has of moving on successfully as a solo artist. His connections within the industry could be greatly affected by any fallout over this. I think he will let them be the ones to go public with the news before he shares his side of the story.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
No from what was going around he didn't ask for days off he asked once to delay the tour and then asked again for a second delay....however, now it's being said he asked if they could arrange dates so he could do both at the same time and it went south from there.
I agree with DreamsUnwind and BigAl...this scenario makes a lot of sense. I would add that reviews of the 2 stadium dates FM did last year suggested LB seemed unhappy or frustrated, and he himself acknowledged he only did them because he was contracted to, perhaps because the 2 dates interrupted his Buck/Vie tour. Maybe FM felt his attitude would continue during the tour, with LB happier during his solo tour, and then being unhappy performing with FM? Or maybe LB quit FM like he did in 1987?

I really don't believe it was a case of wanting to simply rearrange a few dates... heck, the other members would probably appreciate a few days off during the tour! True, the band used to be inflexible, such as letting SN only perform a dozen cities for her first solo tour, so she could record Mirage. But then they significantly shortened their Mirage tour for LB, so they did loosen up, especially in the last 20 years, allowing CM to leave and come back. If LB is out, it was not something as simple as rearranging a few tour dates, and it could even be his decision.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:51 AM
Ledgie

So will Stand Back be early in the new setlist or an encore?
Old 04-08-2018, 08:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamwilliame View Post
So will Stand Back be early in the new setlist or an encore?
Replaces GYOW as the last song in the main set of course....Edge and I Need to Know in the encore
Old 04-08-2018, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh I could see it being a giant issue if he asked to work it out so he could do solo dates and a FM tour at the same time. Are you kidding, Stevie would go bonkers. That's her biggest MO these days, talk about all the things she had to put on hold for the Fleetwood Mac tour. I can almost hear it go down in my head "Lindsey I've always made sacrifices for this band and have had to put my solo career on hold and now you want to do both at the same time..." I mean come on, smoke would be coming out of her ears.

Don't be surprised if we find out this was a result of a pretty stupid and childish argument. This is Fleetwood Mac, don't expect rational adult behavior.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, depending on how this goes we may never get all the details. If a cash settlement is involved with some sort of separation agreement, I'm sure there will be a gag order involved so nobody talks...
Old 04-08-2018, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What was that LB said about “cycles”?

I thought he was talking about Bicycles! Turns out he was talking about being fired from Fleetwood mac
Old 04-08-2018, 09:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

If this is over scheduling solo gigs along with the Mac tour, its outrageous the way Lindsey is being treated. First mistake, NEVER sign and be contractually obligated for a tour 2 years away. That's just dumb.
The band totally caters to Stevie's plans and tours. If Christine or Stevie did this, there would not be any speculation of replacing either of them for a tour. Why is Lindsey treated different and collateral damage?
1987 Lindsey shelved his solo album to bring Mick out of bankruptcy for Tango
2013 Lindsey agreed to another back to back world tour to welcome back Christine
2016/17 Lindsey tired of waiting for Stevie to join them records with Christine and does a tour
2018 Lindsey asks for a little time to promote his solo album? And the band goes on without him? Replace him?
Give me a break. If any of this is true, its obscene

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-08-2018 at 09:04 AM..