User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2017, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
looking good and sounding good! So glad these two have gotten the opportunity to work together as a duet after all these years.
yes!

i just wished they weren't seemingly so nervous and worried about it all - i just wanna hug them and tell them just do your live thing, you guys have amazing chemistry that completely doesn't come through in these strained performances !!

(and if Chris needs autotune for tv performances, just do it! Taylor Swift has learned that lesson long time ago.)

i really hope the tour promtion is kicking into gear now - people deserve to hear them! and i see lots of comments on all these pages discussing their new album from people completely unaware that they are actually touring this summer!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm a bit disappointed by LIHTS because so much sounds pre-recorded. The fact that Lindsey miming some (all?) of the guitar is very disappointing because it isn't that difficult to play. I get the nerves thing but, as others have mentioned, I imagine he will use it the whole tour. I hope he doesn't.

Vocally, he is still good. Christine isn't as good but I have no complaints.

That said, I'm glad they chose to do this song. It's a great song and deserves to be heard. Now they need to do Red Sun. That's the hit on this album.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
I imagine he will use it the whole tour. I hope he doesn't.

Vocally, he is still good. Christine isn't as good but I have no complaints.

That said, I'm glad they chose to do this song. It's a great song and deserves to be heard. Now they need to do Red Sun. That's the hit on this album.
i would be completely shocked if he doesn't actually play guitar on LIHTS live on tour, that makes zero sense. how many times in their heyday did FM mime in their prerecorded videos? what is he gonna do, just sing the song at the live show? he didn't mime RAB or Red Rover or BTLH, why in the world would we expect he'd not actually play guitar on this song live?

i love the song on the album so much, maybe too much, so i was actually slightly dissapointed when i heard it live on CBS.... it was just ok to me, not etheral like i wexpected. but i'm excited we'll now for sure get to hear it at the live shows!

they will play Red Sun on the tour. it is painfully obvious that for some reason Chris chokes up on tv shows, and if they do that one they need to add autotune to their backing track trickery.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm pretty sure before Lindsey turns the guitar volume up
for the solo on LIHTS, he's not even playing
Old 06-10-2017, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
here's the link to the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzuDMgrIOxQ

They talk more about her background (music, art school, Chicken Shack etc) than usual. He tells the same story about Mick "grooving away" to Frozen Love and the "you have to take my girlfriend too" bit....though it seems they edited it just to get that sound byte. It does lead the reporter to say that "Lindsey Buckingham gave up his own band" to join.... Wonder how Steph feels about that.

(if someone knows how to embed the video, please do. I thought I did but I don't )

Thanks for posting the link! What a great looking duo!

Last edited by jwd; 06-10-2017 at 03:49 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 06-10-2017, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
I'm pretty sure before Lindsey turns the guitar volume up
for the solo on LIHTS, he's not even playing
The solo starts without him and he adds to it. I hope this is just for tv. Chris gets nervous on live tv and her voice tightens up a lot. It can happen to the best of us. I was in a band and your voice can really take a nosedive when nervous.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The solo starts without him and he adds to it. I hope this is just for tv. Chris gets nervous on live tv and her voice tightens up a lot. It can happen to the best of us. I was in a band and your voice can really take a nosedive when nervous.
Has she said in the past she gets nervous on TV? I've never heard that
Old 06-10-2017, 05:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i would be completely shocked if he doesn't actually play guitar on LIHTS live on tour, that makes zero sense. how many times in their heyday did FM mime in their prerecorded videos? what is he gonna do, just sing the song at the live show? he didn't mime RAB or Red Rover or BTLH, why in the world would we expect he'd not actually play guitar on this song live?
That's exactly why I don't understand why he didn't play it live here. He did Shut Us Down live on TV and it is a more difficult piece to play. I don't doubt that he could play it just as well as anything else, that's why it was weird to mime it at all. I hope it was just because it was TV and they were striving for some unobtainable perfection. Songs like IOOT and SAB just wouldn't have been the same on the SWS tour if he'd mimed.

And Lindsey is terrible at miming, both guitar and voice. He looks so uncomfortable when he does it. It's like he has to concentrate more on miming passably than if he was actually play.
Old 06-10-2017, 06:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

I think that Neal played a lot of the guitar parts... However, he was so stage left that, at first, I wondered If was even there. They finally showed some camera angles that included him and he definitely was playing parts lb wasn't.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 06-10-2017, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
here's the link to the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzuDMgrIOxQ

They talk more about her background (music, art school, Chicken Shack etc) than usual. He tells the same story about Mick "grooving away" to Frozen Love and the "you have to take my girlfriend too" bit....though it seems they edited it just to get that sound byte. It does lead the reporter to say that "Lindsey Buckingham gave up his own band" to join.... Wonder how Steph feels about that.

(if someone knows how to embed the video, please do. I thought I did but I don't )
Thanks for posting the link!

Love what I'm seeing of rehearsals so far.

Love their banter and Christine's eyes.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
Has she said in the past she gets nervous on TV? I've never heard that
She pretty much Has said in the past she has terrible stage fright.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
She pretty much Has said in the past she has terrible stage fright.
Dang. I always wondered how someone that's done it hundreds of times doesn't get used to it. That's too bad. Covfefe

Last edited by AlexD; 06-10-2017 at 08:41 PM..
Old 06-10-2017, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
Thanks for posting the link! What a great looking duo!

thank you for embedding it!
Old 06-10-2017, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
You're quite right, they both looked pretty nervous - Lindsey had his thousand-yard stare going on... Obviously miming to pretty much everything except some guitar solo notes - the acoustic guitar part on Love Is Here To Stay stood out in particular as mimed.

But I can't really blame them - Christine in particular hasn't done this sort of thing for years; in fact, I can't remember when she will have done a live-sung appearance on live TV before. (EDIT: Oh yeah, the live Today performance for the On With The Show tour). I feel very protective of them! Christine keeps reminding me of my Mum!
I don't know if Lindsey isn't playing on LIHTS. That could be the case, but it also could be a delay he's using.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 06-10-2017, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope we get a DVD/cd of this tour!

Love the guitar flourishes on Feel About You. The solo on in my world. The high toned lead blends in Love Is Here to Stay perfectly.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.