User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, there could be a future FM album without Christine, but Lindsey has been saying he wants one for almost 10 years now and it hasn't gotten him anywhere, because Stevie isn't interested. I'm just saying that if Chris was on board, Stevie would change her mind -- and if she didn't. Chris, John, Mick and Lindsey could do the album without her, since they have her on a few songs already anyway. But that would be moot, because you know if Christine was recording for FM, Stevie would want to record with her.
Anything with Christine these days would be a godsend. And yeah if Christine is doing anything with the band Stevie will definitely be there. Two peas in a pod.

Quote:
Also, if Lindsey wants exposure for his songs, then the publicity that Christine returning after 16 years would bring to the album is something that could only benefit his exposure, to my way of thinking.
Very much agreed. Lindsey would have a field day with a) the press and b) the exposure!

Quote:
Yes, I agree with you, if everyone is ok, I don't see why they couldn't perform for at least another 5 years. And I was thinking that John could sit and play bass. There's no shame in that. After his spinal tap, Lindsey did have a chair on stage, although he didn't stay in it a lot. Also, I'm not sure but I seem to remember Lindsey sitting down when he and John did Songbird with Christine. John can sit if that makes things easier.

Rolling Stones, McCartney and all of our rock veterans, we just want as much more as they have to give us. Bob Welch's passing should have made them take stock, but maybe it didn't. I hope this John scare puts everything in perspective regarding egos.

Michele
That would be an ideal situation honestly. This way there would be no discomfort with John. We just have to hope that his treatment doesn't affect his playing abilities...that would be a real shame because cancer treatments can really weaken a person and the more advanced the worse it gets.

And I agree with you 100%, those rock veterans are the last ounce of good music we have. Most of them have been able to establish fanbases in my generation (I'm 22), but its the younger generations they still have to reach, or they'll be stuck withy the pop trash garbage that's plaguing this day and age. That's why we still need them around to spread the seeds of musical enlightenment.

I think in a lot of ways Bob's passing did impact them in a big way just none of them went really public about it. But with John's scare I'm sure it will even them out since it's hitting so close to home.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGames71 View Post
(I'm 22), but its the younger generations they still have to reach, or they'll be stuck with the pop trash garbage that's plaguing this day and age. That's why we still need them around to spread the seeds of musical enlightenment.
Heaven forbid we end up stuck with the Katy Perry's of this world and have to sit around hearing them roar.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bob Welch's passing should have made them take stock, but maybe it didn't. I hope this John scare puts everything in perspective regarding egos.
Well, Christine's sure been in the public eye a lot lately, and apparently travelled with them in Europe, so maybe both affected her.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Heaven forbid we end up stuck with the Katy Perry's of this world and have to sit around hearing them roar.
Or the bat**** crazy Miley Cyruses who have to watch them "twerking" their boney asses.

ENOUGH with that!
Old 11-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well, Christine's sure been in the public eye a lot lately, and apparently travelled with them in Europe, so maybe both affected her.
True, it was hard to believe the video of Christine in Hawaii. I do wonder if the deaths of 3 Fleetwood Mac members, including Bob Welch with whom she'd worked with so extensively, helped accelerate a transition that she'd probably been trying to make for quite some time now.

Michele
Old 11-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
True, it was hard to believe the video of Christine in Hawaii. I do wonder if the deaths of 3 Fleetwood Mac members, including Bob Welch with whom she'd worked with so extensively, helped accelerate a transition that she'd probably been trying to make for quite some time now.

Michele
One could take that into account. Maybe she felt homesick for her pretty much adopted family, realizing she should be close to them in these golden years rather than being somewhat estranged. As sad a thing as it is, death often brings people closer together.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I deleted my last post. I reread it and I was really harsh on LB.

No, don't do that. I don't want to miss what's said.
Old 11-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
No, don't do that. I don't want to miss what's said.
To sum it up I basically said LB is really arrogant and how he burned his fair share of bridges in the past and he's came and went in the band plenty of times. The only reason I deleted it though is because I sounded like a class A bitch ahaha
Old 11-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think Lindsey was wrong for wanting to limit Christine's involvement with the shows. The fact is she's not in the band, at least for the time being. This is THEIR tour, and having the biggest moment of the night be somebody who's no longer in the band steal the rest of the show seems to diminish all of their hard work. So, I totally get where he's coming from on that. Creatively, Lindsey probably has the most invested in Fleetwood Mac's live shows these days.

My guess is that if Christine said in Dublin, "Hey, I want to rejoin the band, touring and all..," they would have found a way to accommodate her. I'm not sure how, but it could have happened. But, that apparently was not the case, which makes some sense. If she decided that the road was still not for her, she could have gone home at any time, no questions asked. I think not being in the band gave her an out. However, she's taken some rather large baby steps in the past year, and it appears that she wants back in. She was afraid of flying, and she flew from England to Hawaii. She didn't like touring, yet she stayed with them throughout Europe, at least from what's been said. I don't know how much of John's situation factored into her staying with them, but she still proved she COULD do it again. My speculation is that if John's health is up to it, Christine's back in the band.

The thing I don’t get is how people think that Lindsey doesn’t want Christine back in the band because he’d have to give up the extra time he has for his songs in concert because she's NOT in the band, but that the only way he’d want her back in the band is if she recorded AND toured with them. That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. MY *theory* is that he’d be fine with her taking the Brian Wilson route, and would even be up for her making cameos at selected shows, so long as she was still *actually* in the band.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 11-08-2013 at 10:11 PM..
Old 11-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The thing I don’t get is how people think that Lindsey doesn’t want Christine back in the band because he’d have to give up the extra time he has for his songs in concert because she's NOT in the band, but that the only way he’d want her back in the band is if she recorded AND toured with them. That doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. MY *theory* is that he’d be fine with her taking the Brian Wilson route, and would even be up for her making cameos at selected shows, so long as she was still *actually* in the band.
I don't think the band would generally be ok with her making cameos at selected shows, because they aren't happy with variety.

I think what Lindsey SHOULD want is Christine to record and not tour with him, I mean, if he really likes the way the stage show is going now with the 4 of them. That's what he SHOULD want. Who knows what he actually does want. I know after Hawaii he was saying she was never coming back, but I don't think that can be said with any certainty now, so I'd like to hear him interviewed on the subject, with me in the wings, waiting to run in and box his ears, if necessary.

Michele
Old 11-08-2013, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think the band would generally be ok with her making cameos at selected shows, because they aren't happy with variety.
THAT'S my issue with them.

However, if they planned ahead, it could work.

Quote:
I know after Hawaii he was saying she was never coming back, but I don't think that can be said with any certainty now, so I'd like to hear him interviewed on the subject, with me in the wings, waiting to run in and box his ears, if necessary.
Well, as of today, I'm sure he'd say all is on hold until they know more about JM's situation...

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-08-2013, 11:12 PM
Ledgie

Quote:

I think what Lindsey SHOULD want is Christine to record and not tour with him, I mean, if he really likes the way the stage show is going now with the 4 of them. That's what he SHOULD want. Who knows what he actually does want. I know after Hawaii he was saying she was never coming back, but I don't think that can be said with any certainty now, so I'd like to hear him interviewed on the subject, with me in the wings, waiting to run in and box his ears, if necessary.

Michele
But what would be the point in recording with them and not touring to promote her songs? I think that would kinda hurt the band in album sales and shows. People would be expecting christine on stage with them. It would be very misleading. It would be like the "Time" era sans the radical lineup changes and Dave Mason. In laymans terms there would essentially be no point in Chris recording with them if she's not gonna tour. It'd be a waste of time on both ends. Unless they just do an album with her and not tour. But what's the sense of that? I personally think we should stop speculating and just let things happen naturally because I think the more we speculate, the more they're gonna keep us in the agony of waiting. Remember, big brother mac is watching and besides we have the situation with John and I think that's the most important thing on all their minds right now...I would hope.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Well, as of today, I'm sure he'd say all is on hold until they know more about JM's situation...
^ [b]EXACTLY[\b]
Old 11-08-2013, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would be like the "Time" era sans the radical lineup changes and Dave Mason.
I disagree. The "Time" band did all but one show prior to the release of "Time" and there was really no promotion for that album. An album with the classic five would come with a lot of press, and it would constantly be noted that Chris wasn't going to be on the road with them.

Definitely not the case in 1994. Hell, I remember getting tickets to see Crosby, Stills, & Nash for my birthday and then hearing that Fleetwood Mac had a show the same day. Now, I assumed that Christine was out (given that call to Carl's office) and had heard that Bekka and Dave were in the band. To my shock, they were CSN's opening act, which made everything right in my world at that moment. (I did NOT know that Billy was back, and was happy to see him back.)

So, we've talked about Christine's return with the current Fleetwood Mac AND the "Time" band all in a thread about Bob Welch...That's a big ol' didja.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It would be very misleading. It would be like the "Time" era sans the radical lineup changes and Dave Mason.
{sigh} Again. There shouldn't have BEEN anything misleading. TECHNICALLY, the Time-lineup never toured. The band that had been on the road for the 10-12 months PRIOR to the release of the album toured WITHOUT doing an album (or actually, toured without RELEASING an album since there was an album done, albeit rejected by WB).

There were no LIVE CONCERTS by Fleetwood Mac on the heels of the album's release. The subsequent live show by Fleetwood Mac after the release of the Time album were the shows that became The Dance and there certainly was nothing misleading about the lineup of THOSE shows.

EDIT: Well, once again the Steve's are riding the same wavelength!