The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default New Album/EP Possible Tracks...?

I'm looking for the track list of the songs the boys put together last year. I think one track was called 'Onward With The Show' which, of course, is a line from 'Sad Angel'. I think there are about 8 songs listed. I think 'Onward With The Show' would be a great title to a final Mac album with or without Christine.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:26 PM
Senior Ledgie

Smile

besides the 8 tracks Lindsey has already recorded...there are still PLENTY of still unreleased Stevie demos that could be re-recorded and polished. I can think of three perfect examples right off the top.

"If You Were My Love"
"You Like Me"
"Joan Of Arc"

I would also suggest taking the sluggish "Without You" OFF of a longer LP and keep that regulated to the EP.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhry View Post
I would also suggest taking the sluggish "Without You" OFF of a longer LP and keep that regulated to the EP.
If they re-recorded it and got rid of that cringeworthy guitar tone... it might be okay.

In addition to the dozens and dozens of old unreleased songs she could use, Stevie has recently (well, maybe not so recently now - about a year ago) written a song called "My Mother's Rings" that she had sent to Dave... but she could very well put it on a FM album if she wanted to, it's her song. And apparently a bunch of GOT poetry that she could put to music

Then there's this mysterious "song about a witch" that Lindsey and Stevie have apparently been working on.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japhry View Post
besides the 8 tracks Lindsey has already recorded...there are still PLENTY of still unreleased Stevie demos that could be re-recorded and polished. I can think of three perfect examples right off the top.

"If You Were My Love"
"You Like Me"
"Joan Of Arc"
A whole Fleetwood Mac album could be recorded without Stevie having to write any new songs. Other demos worthy of finally finding a home on an album are:

"Julia"

"Watch Devil" (I'm not sure why this groovy number has never been professionally recorded)

"Space Needle"

"Cecilia"
Old 10-21-2013, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am desperate for The Dealer/Mistress Of My Fate to be recorded and released
Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, The Dealer would be awesome, because it can be a duet (like the one version with Walter Egan), and I think it would sound great even if it was rerecorded.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Ledgie

I actually am a fan of "Without You." It has a country feel - probably why that guitar sound is in there. I wish the whole EP had included songs with Lindsey and Stevie sharing the lead. But of course, I'd like to see Christine pen a few tunes for a final album.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwelchera View Post
I actually am a fan of "Without You." It has a country feel - probably why that guitar sound is in there. I wish the whole EP had included songs with Lindsey and Stevie sharing the lead. But of course, I'd like to see Christine pen a few tunes for a final album.
After listening to the EP over and over, I'm a huge fan of Without You. I wish this song were on Trouble in Shangri La. It is a good song.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The new version of "Without You" is okay but was destined to be a let down compared to the original demo version. And I usually prefer complete studio versions better. The original demo was written and sung when both were young and in love, and the quality of their voices and harmonies reflect that. The newer version cannot and does not capture that feeling. I think the song should stay on the EP only if there is a new album.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Ledgie

Bandon, I do think the demo is super pretty, but I think the official studio version is a wonderful bookend, especially if the band never makes a full album. And even if it does, this version definitely should be a part of that.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwelchera View Post
Bandon, I do think the demo is super pretty, but I think the official studio version is a wonderful bookend, especially if the band never makes a full album. And even if it does, this version definitely should be a part of that.
As a bookend, I totally agree. If that's the final SN song they record together, it would be fitting.