User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Hi all- Hi Anthony!

Hi also old Ledgies I remember- Villavic, ChiliD, Livia and David :-) (hope I didn't forget anyone)

I was an original Ledgie from back then too. I even moderated the Lyric Interp board which is now gone (boy did I have a LOT of time on my hands back then!). I remember it was so fun- I too loved how the posts were back then were you could see everything. I remember staying up all night and laughing at some of the things we would post and we would all post like crazy within seconds of things posted until the list would run off the page. We had a HUGE list of why Lindsey was hot....I had a copy of it for years and would post it every now and then and we'd all post things like crazy all day and night. (I am shocked I never got in trouble at work...)

ChiliD was my first Ledgie "friend" who taught me about the band- esp the old FM and answered a lot of my questions in the beginning.

I remember LauraTN as well and Rhiannon- I also have a ton of those audio tapes- does anyone have the old Ledgie tape we made? I can't think of the name of it but we all choose songs and then I made the master and sent it around and all that? I bet I have it somewhere. I should find it and see what it was called. I can't even listen to audio tapes anymore- nothing to listen to them on, sad huh?

I wonder where a lot of the old people went - Ava, Janet (I think she's still around a little?) Phil. I still talk to Justine by email sometimes. Am forgetting a lot of people am sure.

Yes, the Black Ledge was the time when I didn't post anymore. It just wasn't fun at that point but it's all behind us. Weird this was 11 years ago and here we are with another tour.

I don't post much anymore, just don't have time but I do check in usually when something "new" is going on - tour, CD, etc. I still love FM and always will but just have more going on in my life- but it was a fun time for sure!

Nice to see you Anthony and the other old Ledgies-
Lauren
Old 01-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I even moderated the Lyric Interp board which is now gone (boy did I have a LOT of time on my hands back then!).
Lauren
Hey I did the final interp of Sister of the moon! Those good old days!!!!
And yes, I also did have lot of time back then (they never discovered me at job, internet control was less strong than now,

anyway now I work in other company
Old 01-27-2009, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Hey I did the final interp of Sister of the moon! Those good old days!!!!
And yes, I also did have lot of time back then (they never discovered me at job, internet control was less strong than now,

anyway now I work in other company
hey- V- did Sisters of the Moon make it to the interp area? They are still there. I used to get so excited doing those interps- kind of funny how much time I spent on that!

Yeah I think my company could track me so I got more careful. Hope you like your new company - and congrats on getting an FM ticket this tour!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The tape was Crystal Visions, I believe.
Travis and George put it all together and even had lovely cover art for it.
It was on blue tape, which makes it easier to find in that box o'tapes.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMI View Post
If i recall, someone created a clone of the ledge, christened it the Black Ledge, and a dozen or so people proceeded to talk about other ledgies and the owners of this website and post what might be considered hersery .
This just recently happened again like...what...a year ago?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
The tape was Crystal Visions, I believe.
Travis and George put it all together and even had lovely cover art for it.
It was on blue tape, which makes it easier to find in that box o'tapes.
yes, I have that one but there was one I made too - called Ledgies or something like that- I need to find it. I have Crystal Visions still- great tape!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
This just recently happened again like...what...a year ago?
That's Seven Blunders.

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

ah...found it- it was called "Ledgacy- A Fleetwood Mac Collection" songs are:
Holiday Road
Go Insane (Dance)
Oh Well
Steal Your Heart Away
Twisted
Chain (Dance)
Gypsy
Fireflies
Smile at you
Songbird
GYOW
The Ledge
Frozen Love
Landslide (Dance)
Street of Dreams (live)
Gold and Braid
Hold Me
Countdown
Crystal (BN version)
Has Anyone Ever Written....
Magnet and Steel
Silver Springs (original)

I think we all voted on the songs to go on this if I recall
Old 01-27-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered

Quote:
ah...found it- it was called "Ledgacy- A Fleetwood Mac Collection" songs are:

I think we all voted on the songs to go on this if I recall
Yes! I had totally forgotten about that. I know I have that cassette somewhere! Travis still posts from time to time- I wonder where George is.

The Ledge unequivocally meant a great deal to me back then. To think about when I first started posting (fall '97) and where I am now, and who I had met on the board along the way... I know I come across as jaded and crotchety in some posts, but I wouldn't be here if Fleetwood Mac didn't mean a great deal to me- even if its not quite on the same exact level as back then. Where DID the time go?

(PS- last I heard, LauraTN was living somewhere in the Dakotas. and thanks, AnthonyMI, for starting this thread!)
Old 01-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ledgacy.
Yes! I think you did it before I came on the board, Lauren. When it was just one board. I came in early '98, I believe. Anyway, you sent me a copy after it had already been distributed. I think, anyway. I mean, I know I have it, but the timeline may be off.

I think that was the first time I heard some of those songs, actually. That's how much of a newbie I was. And, now, I literally have hundreds of recordings and many I haven't listened to at all (shame on me!)

I actually met very nice people here. Literally and cyber-ly.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post

I think that was the first time I heard some of those songs, actually. That's how much of a newbie I was. And, now, I literally have hundreds of recordings and many I haven't listened to at all (shame on me!)

I actually met very nice people here. Literally and cyber-ly.
100% ditto. I'm forever indebted to blackcat (who may still be around here somewhere ), Torri (who I noticed here very recently), and others too numerous to mention (but all worthy of appreciation).
Old 01-28-2009, 02:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We had a HUGE list of why Lindsey was hot....
Well, I'm sorry I wasn't around for that. Michele
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

You wouldn't remember me - I didn't join 'til 2001. However, I'd lurked since 1999. I didn't join because I was intimidated by the seemingly vast knowledge of Ledgies, and was afraid of embarrassing myself by my ignorance. I was also nervous about the old tree-structure... it was hard to follow. Some interesting fanfic, though.

My, how things have changed!

Old 01-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was around back then, used to post mainly on alt.music.fleetwoodmac (or whatever it was called) but lurked around on here. Can't remember what my screen name was might have actually been chriski or chriskisn or something? Don't think I really posted much though as I spent more time in the newsgroup.

I used to do a site called The Great Fleetwood Mac Links Page, and still remember that Stevie Nicks ate baby seals (given that I started that rumour with fake trolling - ah those were the days).

Then I met my girlfriend (now my wife) and she wouldn't have stayed my girlfriend for long if I didn't get off the computer. Only came back to the FM community last year after so long away.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
Stevie Nicks ate baby seals

I remember something about eating seals. Actually, what I think about now whenever someone talks about breast implants is the story about how Stevie keeps her old boobs in her freezer next to her frozen peas. MAHAHAHA. That story used to entertain us for hours!

Last edited by AnthonyMI; 01-28-2009 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: spelled boobs wrong