Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
They had Doug Graves during the Don Kirshner's Rock Concert taping; Bobby Hunt at the December show. Bob handled all the guitar duties himself. (for "gear junkies", Bob had four or five large Morley pedals at the base of his mic stand...a wah-wah, volume, rotating speaker simulator, an echo pedal, as well as a plethora of other fx pedals...and an old Echoplex, later replaced by a Roland Space Echo)

Oh, yeah...especially during the December show (where they had a longer time slot), Bob was very "chatty", both between songs and in the middle of them (much like on the bootleg versions of "Future Games" & "Bermuda Triangle"...story after story). And, just as he did on those 1975-82 versions of "World Turning", Mick came out from behind the kit and did his African Talking Drum solo during "Nightwatch".

For the Kirshner show, which was filmed in the old Long Beach Center Theatre (adjacent to the Sports Arena) and was torn down shortly after the season of Don Kirshner shows was wrapped and a whole new "Performing Arts Center" was built in its place. I was way in the back of the theatre (but the theatre was VERY small, barely held 1,000 people, so it wasn't so bad) slightly off to the right (Bob & Doug's side of the stage)...for the December show at the LB Arena, the stage was moved forward, so that it only was about 1/2-2/3 of the arena seating instead of the full arena. I was in the risers off to the left (stage right...Christine's side) up from the floor about 4-5 rows (about even with the stage height)...about even with the soundboard on the floor. Was off center about 45 degrees. Had I been to my left one section closer to the stage, the left side PA speakers would've obstructed my view of Christine. So I was very fortunate to be where I was. I thought they were GREAT seats, and that it was a fantastic show. It wasn't more than two weeks later, I'd read a small blurb in Rolling Stone magazine about Welch leaving and "the Buckingham Nicks duo" joining Fleetwood Mac. It was really weird because I already HAD the Buckingham Nicks album (which I'd discovered while working for a local record store chain over the previous holiday season...obviously, at first, I was only attracted by the cover photo, but I enjoyed the music as well) but I just couldn't conceive of how they'd fit into Fleetwood Mac's sound.
I was up in a bar/club last saturday and the dj had all albums.. (not cd's)... he played Frozen Love and then World Turning.. and I thought.. he must have know that was Buckingham/Nicks, followed by Buckingham McVie...

I had a few in me.. so it was pretty blissful...
Old 10-02-2009, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I saw my first show on November 10,1979 at the New Haven Coliseum in New Haven, Connecticut. There was only 9,635 of us but it looked like 20,000 to me. I had to stand on my seat all night and I still struggled to see. So I walked around the arena a lot for better views. This was the night where the audience was passing around a giant red baloon and Stevie caught it and held onto it while singing Sara. This is the photo that was taken that evening:

Photobucket
Old 10-03-2009, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I saw my first show on November 10,1979 at the New Haven Coliseum in New Haven, Connecticut. There was only 9,635 of us but it looked like 20,000 to me. I had to stand on my seat all night and I still struggled to see. So I walked around the arena a lot for better views. This was the night where the audience was passing around a giant red baloon and Stevie caught it and held onto it while singing Sara. This is the photo that was taken that evening:

Photobucket
That picture is most definitely a priceless memory for you IM sure!
Old 10-03-2009, 01:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Originally Posted by vivfox
You were very lucky because you saw the only live performance of Running Through The Garden and also Destiny Rules which was only performed at a handful of shows.

Hey MacMan, did I get it right this time?
Do we have recordings of this? I'd LOVE them.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think you who saw FM in the 70's and 80's are the most lucky people in the world!!!! MY first concert will be in a week, next Saturday, in Stockholm, Sweden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Can't Wait! I Can't wait!

Old 10-03-2009, 09:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
That's so funny-- today is the 8th year anniversary of my first Fleetwood Mac related show. It was Stevie at the Concord Pavillion. I met her at that show. October 1st must be a good day all the way around

My first FM show, however, was May 20th, 2009. Front row seats and the chance to meet Mick. When it comes to this band, apparently I have a trend of going big or going home....
Girl, why is it that I didn't know you'd met Stevie?!?!?!?!? Am I just having a brain fart?
Old 10-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuncles View Post
My first Mac show was November of 1990, the "Behind The Mask" tour. The show was supposed to have been in July of that year, but Christine's father died and they postponed the shows. By the time it resumed Stevie and Christine announced they would be leaving the band at the end of the tour. I had a nightmare prior to the show that the whole thing was cancelled and all they did was talk about Greenpeace. Imagine my surprise when at the end of the show they DID talk about Greenpeace!!!!
I have to say though that the show that night in Hartford, CT was a GREAT show. A very mixed set list and great interaction, although Stevie seemed very out of it or pissed (or both!).
Definitely did not realize that they both knew they were leaving the band DURING this tour. How awkward would that have been??
Old 10-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman408 View Post
Girl, why is it that I didn't know you'd met Stevie?!?!?!?!? Am I just having a brain fart?
I kinda met her... it's a long story but basically, Dave Young (her pre-Lindsey boyfriend) taught me 4th grade math
Old 10-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is the newspaper advertisement for the first FM show I went to:

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 10-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Do we have recordings of this? I'd LOVE them.
Destiny Rules was on Youtube, for sure.

Michele
Old 10-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyveris View Post
My first Fleetwood Mac concert was in Milwaukee on June 8th of this year.
-Matt
Mine too! I considered seeing Lindsey when he was in town last October but didn't know any of his solo stuff so decided against it. Kicking myself now, of course.

This concert was also my dad's first concert ever! What a way to get a start.

I loved FM before but seeing them live just look my love to the next level.