User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Favorite live versions from the "White Album"

These are from the one's I've HEARD, so I may not have heard some of the great ones you guys list!!

Monday Morning: 1980 Live Album version (Tokyo)
Runner up: Alabama 1980

(I've only heard these two, so, that was easy! LOL)

Blue Letter: Connecticut 1975 (My mp3 is dirty tho, it sounds terrible, but they sing in harmony so great in this one!!)
Runner up: Mirage video (They sing out of harmony, but the guitar KICKS!!!!)

Rhiannon: 1980 Live Album version (I love lipsynching to this version!!! Like a woman possessed!!!! LOL)
Runner up: Rosebud (GREATNESS!)
**SO many great ones to choose from!! Mirage video is GREATNESS also!!

Over My Head: Sin City 1977 (Peppy!!!)
Runner up: 1980 Live Album

SYLM: Dance version (LOVE the banjo!!!!)
Runner up: Irvine Meadows (Dance era..again, the banjo!)

Landslide: Dance version
Runner up: Sin City 1977 (Gotta love how she stretches the word hills...HIIIIIIIIAAAAAAALLLLLLLSSSSSS. LOL)

World Turning: St. Louis 1979
Runner up: One I have labeled 1976! (LMAO! It's 8 minutes 33 seconds, if anyone can help me figure out where the heck this is from!)

ISA: DANCE VERSION!! GREATNESS!!!!!!
Runner up: 1980 Live Album!! Love his voice on this one!
**I LOVE every version, but I had to only choose two so....

Warm Ways, Crystal and Sugar Daddy: Were these ever done in concert, if so, CAN I HEAR THEM!!?? LOL Especially Crystal!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2002, 12:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Wow...

I never realized how many songs they've done live from Fleetwood Mac until you just posted this...I wish they'd do that many from Tango. I want want want to hear Welcome to the Room...Sara done live this tour. I think it'd be great having the "do do DO do" background keyboard part being done on guitar. I also love the drum/bongo parts in this song...the "dum dada dum." I guess you can't really tell what parts I'm talking about since all I can do is try to write them out...so just let it be that I WANT WANT WANT to hear it live (even though I know many might not like this song).
Old 07-06-2002, 03:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The White ALbum is my favourite FM album. But I do prefer the songs from there in their 'live' form. I'm So Afraid from The Dance gives me chills!! Heheh

Pip
Old 07-06-2002, 07:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Poll

MM - I've always really grooved to the August 1980 performances, & lately it's been the Birmingham 8-11-80 that's greased my axle.

WW - N/A

Blue - Just for its tightness & control, I vote for Trod Nossel 9-23-75.

Rhiannon - The 1975 & '76 screaming mimis are wearing thin on me, so it's a tie for the Garden 6-30-77 & Irvine Meadows 10-18-82, with close runner-up from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit 9-18-82 & Stevie's flipped-out performance of it at the Forum in Inglewood on 10-02-83 on her solo tour.

Head - Osaka 12-04-77

Crystal - N/A

SYLM - Sacratomato Cal Expo 6-01-90 ... I always thought this was the best Christine McVie song Ricky Burnette & Billy Vito ever played, in general.

Landslide - Irvine Meadows 10-18-82 was so gorgeous in person but it lost something when taped. Tied with Philly 9-27-77 on the Rumours tour. I also love the Feb 1990 rehearsal of it from "Rock Steady."

World - Tusk wins out here: Providence RI 11-22-79 & Sydney 3-15-80 (with Christine's infamous "Funeral March" quotes).

Sugar - N/A ... to bad because it's one of my favorite songs of all time.

Afraid - 9-01-80 in Los Angeles & 10-18-82 in Orange County. Didn't we just answer this one somewhere else?
Old 07-06-2002, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Monday Morning--Forum, LA August 1978
Warm Ways--as far as I know, they've not done this one live
Blue Letter--Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, Thanksgiving Night, 1975...for a live RECORDING, I'm with David, Trod Nossel
Rhiannon---Anaheim Stadium, Sept 1975, first time hearing "Rhiannon" live...it echoing around the canyonesque ballpark...never got much better...live RECORDING, Feb 1977, San Diego Sports Arena...as far as "toned down" versions, same show as "Monday Morning" above.
Over My Head--UC, Santa Barbara football field, May 1976, the show they filmed for the outdoor concert footage for "Rosebud".
Crystal---see "Warm Ways"
Say You Love Me---I've heard this one so many times, it's tough to distinguish one from another...I DID enjoy the revamped arrangement on "The Dance"
Landslide---(ditto from "SYLM)...but I seem to recall the Forum, LA, March or April 1976 (the were the 'tween act, between opener Little Feat & headliner Dave Mason)...oh wait, that's right, they dropped it from the set because Stevie blew out her voice on "Rhiannon" three songs earlier...ok, then, the Santa Monica Civic show (same as "Blue Letter")
World Turning---see "Blue Letter"
Sugar Daddy---see "Warm Ways"
I'm So Afraid---whatever my answer was in the other thread.