User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:31 AM
Ledgie

Default New FM World Tour 2018

Hello All,

Christine McVie has once again confirmed that the classic line-up of Fleetwood Mac are joining forces for a worldwide tour.

The British-American rock icons haven’t performed together since they wrapped up their On with the Show world tour in New Zealand in November 2015, with Stevie Nicks pursuing her solo career and Christine McVie and Lindsey Buckingham releasing a self-titled album last Friday (9th June) featuring guest contributions from John McVie and Mick Fleetwood.

Earlier this year it was confirmed that Fleetwood Mac would co-headline The Classic West and The Classic East festivals in Los Angeles and New York with The Eagles in July.

Confirming there will be more dates across the globe, Christine McVie told the BBC’s The One Show last night: "We're going to start rehearsing in March, next year. The tour is around June. It will be global."

To Read more click on the link to Planet Rock
Old 06-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I'm grateful for all the shows I've been too and the close seats I've had. Even if I start saving now I don't know how I'll be able to afford this!!
Old 06-14-2017, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Do they really need 3 months to rehearse the same 22 songs they've played thousands of times over the past 40 years?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
Do they really need 3 months to rehearse the same 22 songs they've played thousands of times over the past 40 years?
Exactly! Why do they keep pushing the beginning of the tour back? One year is a lot of time. I hope they're all alive and well this time next year.

And I wonder were is the famous "going straight to tour after recording an album" that Stevie mentioned.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i know right? 1 month of reherasing starting in May and they should be good to go in June!
Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Exactly! Why do they keep pushing the beginning of the tour back? One year is a lot of time. I hope they're all alive and well this time next year.

And I wonder were is the famous "going straight to tour after recording an album" that Stevie mentioned.
we need that FM tour pushed back. Lindsey is releasing his new solo album in January and i want to see those songs live! if FM starts rehearsing in March there will be no time whatsoever for a LB solo tour!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I used to think that on all the past rehearsals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I need to save more money for that tour. I wish they'd push it to 2019.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i know right? 1 month of reherasing starting in May and they should be good to go in June! we need that FM tour pushed back. Lindsey is releasing his new solo album in January and i want to see those songs live! if FM starts rehearsing in March there will be no time whatsoever for a LB solo tour!
After watching the CBS Morning Show I now realize why they need 3 months of rehearsals. Stevie is in fine form vocally because she never stops performing. Christine should consider hiring a vocal coach to get back to where she needs to be.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I need to save more money for that tour. I wish they'd push it to 2019.
I guess we all have our personal reasons for wanting this last tour during different times of next year or the year after that.

The sooner the better for me. I probably won't be able to travel by the second part of next year, much less in 2019 due to family matters.

But I'm already praying that I can take what they give us whennever they want it.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 06-14-2017, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
After watching the CBS Morning Show I now realize why they need 3 months of rehearsals.
Christine was off pitch during the today show in the middle of the FM tour, so that makes no sense. she just chokes for tv performances, for whatever reason. plus they had long rehearsal times before Chris ever came back.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-15-2017, 03:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
we need that FM tour pushed back. Lindsey is releasing his new solo album in January and i want to see those songs live! if FM starts rehearsing in March there will be no time whatsoever for a LB solo tour!
Has this been confirmed? Even if it isn't, they should push back the FM tour so Lindsey can release and tour
Old 06-15-2017, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't want them to push back a Fleetwood Mac tour any more. 2018 seems like a good time imo since it would be 4 years almost since the OWTS tour started. Like many said, they aren't getting any younger so the tour sooner rather than later is probably best. That being said I hope they all continue touring until they can't anymore.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i know right? 1 month of reherasing starting in May and they should be good to go in June!
Or stick with the March rehearsals, hitting the road in April...
Old 06-15-2017, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Or stick with the March rehearsals, hitting the road in April...
That works best for me.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peestie View Post
Has this been confirmed? Even if it isn't, they should push back the FM tour so Lindsey can release and tour
he said in Variety interview that came out today that it will be small machine in january.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
he said in Variety interview that came out today that it will be small machine in january.
Cool! Hopefully it means an album since I can't make it to the US for a tour. I'll take what I can get, even if it is just bootlegs.