User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I don't know if Lindsey isn't playing on LIHTS. That could be the case, but it also could be a delay he's using.
That could be the case. He could have hammered a note with his finger.
Old 06-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
That could be the case. He could have hammered a note with his finger.
Also notice the guitar tone is exactly the same as the album version. It doesn't sound like his normal Renaissance guitar except the solo
Old 06-10-2017, 10:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It'll be great to see them live no matter what, but I feel like we're almost being cheated a little with this amount of canned stuff. Hopefully it's not the same on the tour as this CBS special.

Last edited by AlexD; 06-10-2017 at 11:02 PM..
Old 06-10-2017, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

can someone kindly embed the video of In My World as well. We have the link here but not embedded....
Old 06-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'll bet you $20 that they use them the entire tour.
That would be very disappointing.

LIHTS was flat. Christine looks very uncomfortable, one hand on keyboard for some reason. And her vocals just aren't that good, it's so low in the mix on purpose. Lots of prerecorded tracks, Lindsey definitely not playing guitar.

And FAY. Christine again not playing the keyboard riff. Give her something to shake. Mimed vocals everywhere.

And why is Neale Heywood stuck behind a massive billboard.

Why do they look so damn unhappy to be performing together, after that amazing video?

It's quite embarrassing to watch.
Old 06-11-2017, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I am disturbed by some of the comments here. Christine and Lindsey are rocks star professionals who have played before millions of people over the past 4 decades. Yes the TV stuff was mostly pre-recorded like most bands today. Even the Mac sung to a pre-recorded track on Don't Stop in 1993 on live TV. I would not be so upset about this. They will be singing and performing live. Why would they go on tour and do something they have never done before........not play live.
Old 06-11-2017, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I am disturbed by some of the comments here. Christine and Lindsey are rocks star professionals who have played before millions of people over the past 4 decades. Yes the TV stuff was mostly pre-recorded like most bands today. Even the Mac sung to a pre-recorded track on Don't Stop in 1993 on live TV. I would not be so upset about this. They will be singing and performing live. Why would they go on tour and do something they have never done before........not play live.
I hope you are right

-covfefe
Old 06-11-2017, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
On the Songs from the Small Machine Blu-ray I have Lindsey has plenty of prerecorded tracks. I don't expect their live concerts to be much different in terms of live arrangement. Maybe their performances will be better though with more energy.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
On the Songs from the Small Machine Blu-ray I have Lindsey has plenty of prerecorded tracks. I don't expect their live concerts to be much different in terms of live arrangement. Maybe their performances will be better though with more energy.
I'd like to see one of the shows, especially because the venues are small and intimate (as intimate as a pop concert can be, I suppose), and I no longer enjoy the arena experience.

I think all these songs (those I've heard) are very pleasant, very mature (in a good sense): lots of filigree orchestration that Fleetwood Mac is known for and does better than anybody else, Brian Wilsonesque choruses with the multilayered vocals soaring atop the expanse, and so on. But dare I say that there's something missing in them? Robustness? Some quality that would make some of these tracks classics, like "Second Hand News" or "Tusk" or "Hold Me"? The album gives me the impression of a soundtrack--the backdrop to something else--rather than something front and center. Consequently, I think the emotional landscape is lightweight here. The strength of the album's maturity might work against the experience, too? The songwriters aren't conflicted or angst-ridden anymore--or falling in and out of love with a string of partners--so their love songs (and they don't write anything else) fizz attractively like champagne for a bit and then go flat. The next track wipes out the effect of the previous track; nothing resonates for very long.

I think Stevie's presence in this body of songs might have provided the missing element that it usually does to Fleetwood Mac albums: that agitated, throw-it-all-away-for-something (love, pride, ego) quality that permeates classic Fleetwood material (think "Sara").

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 06-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I'd like to see one of the shows, especially because the venues are small and intimate (as intimate as a pop concert can be, I suppose), and I no longer enjoy the arena experience.

I think all these songs (those I've heard) are very pleasant, very mature (in a good sense): lots of filigree orchestration that Fleetwood Mac is known for and does better than anybody else, Brian Wilsonesque choruses with the multilayered vocals soaring atop the expanse, and so on. But dare I say that there's something missing in them? Robustness? Some quality that would make some of these tracks classics, like "Second Hand News" or "Tusk" or "Hold Me"? The album gives me the impression of a soundtrack--the backdrop to something else--rather than something front and center. Consequently, I think the emotional landscape is lightweight here. The strength of the album's maturity might work against the experience, too? The songwriters aren't conflicted or angst-ridden anymore--or falling in and out of love with a string of partners--so their love songs (and they don't write anything else) fizz attractively like champagne for a bit and then go flat. The next track wipes out the effect of the previous track; nothing resonates for very long.

I think Stevie's presence in this body of songs might have provided the missing element that it usually does to Fleetwood Mac albums: that agitated, throw-it-all-away-for-something (love, pride, ego) quality that permeates classic Fleetwood material (think "Sara").
so good to hear from you David!

glad to see what you wrote, since you actually understand music so much better than most of us - i think it's right on. songs are nice, pleasant, but lightweight for LB, and very shallow and lazy lyric-wise. while LB had some amazing lyrics in the last 2 decades or so, there's none of it here... only lyrics he really has here are really his frustration with the *band politics* and that only goes so far.

i agree that SN would bring in the degree of drama and angst, but there are other more mature ways to add some depth, especially to the lyrics: people their age have a lot of life experience to write about, as LB did on both Seeds and GOS. i miss his deeper lyrics, i miss his punkish rockers, and i miss some new and unexpected twist that LB usually brings to the projects.

however for a FM album and some mellow summer listening in these turbulent crazy times, i find this album calming, easy to listen all the way through without having to skip anything, and i love actually having majority of these songs. it's just i would love them even more if they were interspersed with some much stronger and off-the-center material.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-11-2017, 03:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
oh i wish they were small and intimate. i hate it that they mostly went with sheds. i want Warner Theatre. i want Beacon. i don't want sheds.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been thinking about it and I have a feeling that the canned music will still be present during the tour. The CBS show mixing wasn't the best obviously so I think that the canned vocals will be turned down quite a bit and be more subtle.

-Covfefe
Old 06-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexD View Post
I've been thinking about it and I have a feeling that the canned music will still be present during the tour. The CBS show mixing wasn't the best obviously so I think that the canned vocals will be turned down quite a bit and be more subtle.

-Covfefe
It's harder to detect when heard live. I've made board bootlegs before, and the tracks seemed far louder on "tape" than what you heard from the P.A.