User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I can't believe it. How is it not possible to reschedule anytime during the year? Seriously!?
I agree. I find it hard to believe that as it was only a handful or so of dates, that they couldn't be slotted in somewhere.

Gill.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope his camp realizes just how destructive this cancellation is.

Even if he were to reschedule dates a year from now, I bet a lot of people just wouldn't trust that it was going to happen.

My sympathies to you guys.

Michele
Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Even if he were to reschedule dates a year from now, I bet a lot of people just wouldn't trust that it was going to happen.

Michele
Thanks for your sympathies, Michele.

I said exactly the same thing to my husband earlier today (before we even knew about any cancellation) when we were questionining whether the tour would take place at all.

Gill.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

I look forward to getting my 400 euro back. Maybe I can spend it on something fun and useful that won't let me down..... They say you should never meet your heroes, I didn't even get to meet mine and I now already agree with that statement....

I'm not too worried about Neale being injured, he has plenty of time to heal. What bums me is that it really doesn't seem as if they ever wanted to reschedule. Sounds like a very feeble excuse, they couldn't reschedule anything for 2012, what a load of ****. Is every venue booked out is it? **** this. At least I get my money back.

I hear Tom Petty is playing Isle of Wight this summer. Might go to that.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Michele
You hit the nail on the head there. As a student, I had to put alot of my finances into this meet and greet, been 400 quid out of pocket for the last few months. I wouldn't mind having spent it on it, I was willing to part with it for the chance to meet Lindsey. However, following this disappointment, I can safely say, I'll never put myself in this situation again. I'll buy a backrow ticket if needs be, but apart from that, screw it.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I can't believe it. How is it not possible to reschedule anytime during the year? Seriously!?
There's no way that this is true. Something is very off here. I sincerely wish Neale well and if he is out for an entire year and Lindsey won't play without him (which is of course his choice) then fine, I expect no solo gigs in 2012. If there are then it's a massive let down to patient fans who will feel very, very slighted that he couldn't find space in an entire year for them.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Ledgie

I do agree that this whole thing will screw up ticket sales if Lindsey ever decides to come to the UK. As I for one will be very wary about putting out alot of money for tickets again.

Just checked on my TicketMaster order and it now says that the show has been cancelled (this is the London date).
Old 12-09-2011, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

back surgery includes a long recovery; neale is more frail than I have ever seen him.

sorry you guys are out $$ and time, missing the show, and not meeting Lindsey, etc.

btw, anyone know what the sales were for these UK shows?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutTheBlameOnMe View Post
I do agree that this whole thing will screw up ticket sales if Lindsey ever decides to come to the UK. As I for one will be very wary about putting out alot of money for tickets again.

Just checked on my TicketMaster order and it now says that the show has been cancelled (this is the London date).
So how does it work now? Do they just credit us the money back or do we have to contact them?

This whole thing seems very odd to me. Call me a cynic, but I think there is more to the story?
Old 12-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gosh, guys--I'm so sorry. I'm sure you're all crushed.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Still no update on lindseybuckingham.com?

Gill.
Old 12-10-2011, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I contacted Ticketmaster this morning and yes, it is officially cancelled and they have a note that all ticket holders will be contacted for a full refund. The guy on the phone tried to process my refund right then but he said that an account manager has to open the settings (or whatever!) for refunds but that he has e-mailed a manager to do this. He will then call/e-mail me in about 48 hours and let me know the refund has been processed.

I'm going to wait until Wednesday next week and then call back. I think it's better to call them than wait for them to do it of their own accord. They can drag their feet for ages and I'm sure we all want out money back asap at this time of year.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
I contacted Ticketmaster this morning and yes, it is officially cancelled and they have a note that all ticket holders will be contacted for a full refund. The guy on the phone tried to process my refund right then but he said that an account manager has to open the settings (or whatever!) for refunds but that he has e-mailed a manager to do this. He will then call/e-mail me in about 48 hours and let me know the refund has been processed.

I'm going to wait until Wednesday next week and then call back. I think it's better to call them than wait for them to do it of their own accord. They can drag their feet for ages and I'm sure we all want out money back asap at this time of year.
Thanks for the info, Alan. I have a a refund due from them which I need to pass on to a chap who bought the tickets off me on ebay. I have already been refunded by my venue from which I bought other tickets.

Gill.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Well Mr. Buckingham, your loss is somebody else's gain. I took the money I was planning to use on souvenirs from your shows today and spent it on gifts for unfortunate children who otherwise would have woken up to think that Santa hadn't found them this year. I'm happy with my decision. Silver lining found.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Well Mr. Buckingham, your loss is somebody else's gain. I took the money I was planning to use on souvenirs from your shows today and spent it on gifts for unfortunate children who otherwise would have woken up to think that Santa hadn't found them this year. I'm happy with my decision. Silver lining found.
What a wonderful thing to do, that's the best silver lining. <3

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D