User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I am totally amazed by his artistic abilities,but for some reason the dude just gets "under the (my) skin"-pun intended.To me, most of his comments just sound like he has a very high opinion of himself,almost a divine aspect.I actually don't hate him and I have been accused (many times) in the past as being brutally honest.I guess I'll have to work on that.Sorry to offend anybody here
Oh, I enjoy honesty. It seems that when I Do that it is held against me. But whaevah. I can imagine that he irritates you. Me too, to be honest. He usually seem to talk in indirect language. And he is a pompous ass at times. thing is, when I met him he didn't come over like that at all. Put a mic under his nose or a camera in his face and he walks on eggs, and talks like a therapist.

In this case, you can't hear him talk, you don't know with what tone Christine answers! you just interpret it in the way you want to hear it.

Whatever you think about him, it's clear that he wants to make a Mac album, as much open to others as he is able to, (which is limited, I know) but the rest knows that and except his role. He was totally open for using an outside producer, but still Stevie wants to go one way, until now, outside of FM.

That's not very respectful behaviour towards the band. It may be intended otherwise, we'll see. But until now I don't have ANY other information than the facts we know. And that looks ugly.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I so agree with you Autumn Ocean.Bucky too often responds to questions with open ended answers that can be interpreted a thousand ways depending on the listener's mind set.I think he is all gung-ho about "doing" this for Chris because he knows that she is a little rusty and not as self confident as she once was in the studio,and IMO he is digging the s..t outta that because,in his pompous ass mind,this means CONTROL.Not to mention the fact that he made this comment as opposed to Chris saying "I have always wanted Lindsey to do this for me".And Chris said "absolutely" without hesitation
Christine wasn't talking about Lindsey doing anything for her when she said "absolutely." Michele
Old 05-04-2014, 01:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
She could only do that if Mick said something untrue about her. Him saying something she isn't happy with isn't good enough. And it would have to be seriously damaging for Stevie to sue Mick. They're currently in a band together. You make it sound like the slightest misplaced word and she's gonna sue.
Yeah. If Mick accused her of a crime she could sue him for defamation. Saying she won't record with them is not exactly a crime. He is also free to give his opinion of her, even if it is a negative one.

Michele
Old 05-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
In this case, you can't hear him talk, you don't know with what tone Christine answers! you just interpret it in the way you want to hear it.
And in the same interview he's saying that he gave her a music track of his without any words and she made a song out of it, so it sounds like he is acknowledging that she was doing something for him, whether he'd ever phrase it like that or not.

Michele
Old 05-04-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And in the same interview he's saying that he gave her a music track of his without any words and she made a song out of it, so it sounds like he is acknowledging that she was doing something for him, whether he'd ever phrase it like that or not.

Michele
It was clear to me that he was being ironic and silly with her. It was just some banter and he even brought Stevie into it.

It was funny to my eyes.... I think you kind of read that the same way, no?
Old 05-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It was clear to me that he was being ironic and silly with her. It was just some banter and he even brought Stevie into it.

It was funny to my eyes.... I think you kind of read that the same way, no?
I didn't know how he was being really. But I'm relieved she was sitting there and he wasn't just giving an interview by himself saying that. Also, I'm surprised he didn't also point out that she'd burned her bridges.

He's kind of strange. I remember one time he was discussing a game he was playing with Richard. I don't even remember the game, but let me just make up an equivalent like he was saying you went through the letters of the alphabet and you had to write a line based on whatever letter it was. Anyway, what struck me was how he had to say it was a silly game and Richard came up with a lot of drivel, but in the end it was an instructive tool. And I wondered why couldn't he just say it was helpful to begin with? It was almost like he had to suggest that Richard was an idiot first to make his point.

Michele
Old 05-04-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
I didn't know how he was being really. But I'm relieved she was sitting there and he wasn't just giving an interview by himself saying that. Also, I'm surprised he didn't also point out that she'd burned her bridges.

He's kind of strange. I remember one time he was discussing a game he was playing with Richard. I don't even remember the game, but let me just make up an equivalent like he was saying you went through the letters of the alphabet and you had to write a line based on whatever letter it was. Anyway, what struck me was how he had to say it was a silly game and Richard came up with a lot of drivel, but in the end it was an instructive tool. And I wondered why couldn't he just say it was helpful to begin with? It was almost like he had to suggest that Richard was an idiot first to make his point.

Michele
You might have a point. It kind of goes along with his constant interviews on how he's always had to help SN and CM with their material, and how their solo shows were like lounge acts.

I'm hoping I'm right on this one and he was being silly sarcastic with her. They really seemed to be getting along well. 8 songs of collaboration seems like a lot.
Old 05-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
You might have a point. It kind of goes along with his constant interviews on how he's always had to help SN and CM with their material, and how their solo shows were like lounge acts.
I liked the part in Ken's book where Lindsey comes in and hears what Christine did on YMLF in his absence and was surprised and proud of her. I mean, on one hand, why was he so surprised that something got done without him? On the other, it's nice that he took pleasure in what she did.

Michele
Old 05-04-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I liked the part in Ken's book where Lindsey comes in and hears what Christine did on YMLF in his absence and was surprised and proud of her. I mean, on one hand, why was he so surprised that something got done without him? On the other, it's nice that he took pleasure in what she did.

Michele
And she wrote some killer material before 1975! Unfortunately, Stevie doesn't have the luxury of having a point in time prior to reference. maybe that is why she is saying she doesn't need him now. Where Christine was established before he came along. You never heard Bob say he had to work Christine's material.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
while i appreciate your honesty, i'm not sure why you seem to think so low of Christine's ability as a songwriter as well as her ability to not stand up or say exactly what she wants or thinks?

both Lindsey and Christine have been very clear over the years how much they respect each other's songwriting abilities, how they complement each other with bringing to the table different parts of the spectrum, different knowledge and talent. there are enough documented incidents signalling Christine won't take any sh*t from him. so i'm really surprised to see your characterization of their relationship.

that said i think his saying "for you" instead of "with you" definitely comes across as pompous - whether he meant it or not. i didn't like it, because it does come across as not respectful enough towards Christine, and from everything in their musical relationship over the years, he seems to have nothing but huge respect for her and her musical knowledge.
I don' think low of Chris's songwriting abilities or her ability to defend and stand up for herself.It's just that when you're away from your occupation for a long time it takes time to rebuild your confidence and integrity.That goes for anybody,in any field.And I feel that Bucky played on that notion.And Chris is so "happy as a pig in poo" right now that nothing is going to bother her.Had Bucky said that publicly prior to Chris leaving,I believe she would have ripped him a new one and he would have gotten another drink in the face for good measure!That's all I meant...
Old 05-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don' think low of Chris's songwriting abilities or her ability to defend and stand up for herself.It's just that when you're away from your occupation for a long time it takes time to rebuild your confidence and integrity.That goes for anybody,in any field.
ok, thanks for clarifying what you meant. just came across as implying a wrong impression of Christine, that's all. you know, the same way Lindsey opens his mouth and something wrong-sounding comes out almost every time?!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-04-2014, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Oh, I enjoy honesty. It seems that when I Do that it is held against me. But whaevah. I can imagine that he irritates you. Me too, to be honest. He usually seem to talk in indirect language. And he is a pompous ass at times. thing is, when I met him he didn't come over like that at all. Put a mic under his nose or a camera in his face and he walks on eggs, and talks like a therapist.

Whatever you think about him, it's clear that he wants to make a Mac album, as much open to others as he is able to, (which is limited, I know) but the rest knows that and except his role. He was totally open for using an outside producer, but still Stevie wants to go one way, until now, outside of FM
That's not very respectful behaviour towards the band. It may be intended otherwise, we'll see. But until now I don't have ANY other information than the facts we know. And that looks ugly.
Thanks for understanding,shackin' up.And you're right-all we can do is speculate about what's going on because,as usual with these 5 fireflies,there's alot more going on behind the scenes that we're not aware of.And Stevie of course loves to add a little drama and mystery to any situation.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
and as catchy as it is tune-wise (which appears to be Sandy's part), Nightbird is NOT one of her best compositions.
Nightbird is a beautiful song ruined by the lyrics. Much the same way that Illume, Thrown Down, Soldiers Angel are ruined by the lyrics.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:35 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Poor Lindsey. He has basically begged her to make another album, and yet, people still post stuff like this. What is he supposed to do, cut off his ear and give it to her as a present. Posts like this make me want to say negative things about Stevie. I could go there but I won't.

I'm not going to go there because Stevie has worked hard to keep Fleetwood Mac in peoples mind. She got their work on Glee and back on the charts big time. She is great at interviews and every time she promotes herself, she is reminding people of Fleetwood Mac. She is extremely smart and all her networking is the reason why Fleetwood Mac can get to make another album.
My post makes you want to say negative things about Stevie? So, you know he is but what is she?

He could have said "our relationship", or something similar. After commenting positively on collaborating with CM, the implication is that SN is the difficult one. He is a man who chooses his words carefully.

Another example of his passive-aggressive behaviour is in DR, when he says "I own the masters", implying he might take his songs and go home if he doesn't get his way on the double album, without actually threatening to do it.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
ok, thanks for clarifying what you meant. just came across as implying a wrong impression of Christine, that's all. you know, the same way Lindsey opens his mouth and something wrong-sounding comes out almost every time?!
Point taken