Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buck/McVie Huber Heights

This is my first time at this venue. It's fairly new and really nice. Easy to get to. The merchandise is the same as the Chicago show(other one I attended). I bought 2 keychains since I missed those last time. 2 screens on either side of the stage showing footage from the making of the album.

Opening band is Wilderado from California.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Have fun tonight!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What a night! Here's a few thoughts: I loved the energy, enthusiasm, we even got some ad lib comments...a brilliant evening. We were on Christine's side (left aisle), row 4 (which was really row 3) and security wouldn't let us up to the stage until the encores, but such is life. They also didn't let the people in front us to the stage-there was a pavement/floor crack they said we had to stay behind. Anyone in violation got moved.

Highlights: the energy, Chris and her little dance moves, her interaction with the crowd is reserved but there...she shook her maracas at us, gave thumbs up, etc. For a brief moment we exchanged a look (during too far gone) that I realise could be directed at anyone, but I'll take it. The new music sounded great. She is so beautiful.

The crowd was slow to get up & dance but finally a few joined in & that kicked off the fun. I loved when the crowd sang Stevie's part on Lies & Linds & Chris seemed to enjoy that.

YMLF is one of my all time faves and CM was definitely off tonight. But, I'll take it. I was a tad disappointed that Linds never came over to our side, but I can't blame him as no one was up at the stage.

Fess up Ledgies: who amongst you was front row center dancing the night away? Your enthusiasm was unparalleled!

I've been a fm fan as long as I can remember, like many of you the songs are the stories of my life. My favourite members are John & Chris, not in a shipper way, but in a talent & coolness way. I haven't seen Chris on stage since 1997, shows I enjoyed but shows we knew bored her. I can't begin to describe how amazing tonight was for me, and it appeared also for them!!

I haven't been to a small venue in years but this one was great: well organized. A lot of empty seats, sadly. At FM shows I like to sit center row 4-8 where the sound is good and I can see John. After tonight I completely understand the appeal of getting to the stage! It was wonderful to be that close, interact with the band.

I will say that I thought I'd miss John & Mick but this was a completely different experience and the band members were solid & clearly having a ball.

Sorry for any typos & nonsense...too pumped to sleep & typing on my phone.

Hope some others were there & had an equally enjoyable night.
Old 08-09-2017, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there! The energy was amazing - like Lindsey solo shows, nothing like somber mood from the first buckvie shows I've seen. Energetic people in the front row put Lindsey in a good mood immediately. Lots of rambling, smiles,and audience interaction. Lindsey missed the bows because of talking to us. Was well worth the track to Ohio!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-09-2017, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I WAS THERE!! Great show at a very nice, and new venue. First time there. Weather was perfect for this time of the year.

In the presence of Legends. I was so honored to be there, witnessing two members of FM putting on what I thought was an excellent show. So unfortunate that the place was only half full. Can't understand why people wouldn't take the opportunity to see these two in such a unique circumstance.

Not sure which I was more impressed with, Lindsey's guitar or Christine's hair!!! It really is quite beautiful in person. Never, ever, ever drop I'm So Afraid from the set list, it is his guitar anthem. Love the interaction between Linds and Chris. They really do seem like they are having a good time together.

Only complaints music wise I have is I thought the drums were up too high and the backing tracks weren't necessary.

Too Far Gone was probably the most well received new song in the setlist. People were up and moving to this one.

Special shout out to Wilderado, an LA band that opened for BuckVie, and TJ Chumps, a very nice eating place slightly up the road from the Rose Center!

Great evening!

Thanks Christine and Lindsey for keeping it going!!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I was there! The energy was amazing - like Lindsey solo shows, nothing like somber mood from the first buckvie shows I've seen. Energetic people in the front row put Lindsey in a good mood immediately. Lots of rambling, smiles,and audience interaction. Lindsey missed the bows because of talking to us. Was well worth the track to Ohio!
Elle and jwd, if I had known you guys were going to be there, I would have probably gone! Nice to see you and jwd and other regulars here had such a great time. I was really wanting to go but too much going on at home kept me away, plus I couldn't find anyone willing to go- I need better friends!
Old 08-09-2017, 06:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm so pleased you decided to make the trip! I should have messaged you so that I could say hello and thank you in person for you're continued information gathering and sharing!

We all laughed when Linds missed the bows...glad he was off amongst friends! He was adorable last night...thank you front row gang for keeping him amused.

Hope you had somewhere local booked to stay? We got out of the venue in 10 minutes then got stuck in construction holdup for 40 minutes. Ohio roads not the best at the moment, and I think you said you were driving in. Glad the show made it worthwhile!
Old 08-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Was there as well! 4th row center. Nice little venue. Was also somewhat surprised at the smaller crowd, given it was the only Ohio show, and the potential for drawing people from Cincinnati and Columbus, but living in Columbus, I really did not see any marketing here and would not have known about the show were I not already a rabid fan.

Both LB and CM were super fun and playful with the crowd. Shout out to the group in the front row for egging them on and bringing the fun out of them :-)

Is Christine even playing keyboards? I saw her doing something with the foot pedals during You Make Loving Fun, and she was definitely playing during Game of Pretend. But Brett absolutely played the intro to Hold Me. Is she playing at all, or are her parts just mixed REALLY low?

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples).

One thing I found interesting seeing Chris that close...on Lindsey-featured songs (I'm So Afraid specifically), when the lighting is down on her, and she's focused on "playing" the keys, the ways she looks to the side, with her hair in her face...my god, it felt to me like I was watching 1982 Christine performing on the Mirage tour or something...it was quite surreal.

Loved the show. The new songs sounded great. In fact, everything sounded much better in person than the YouTube clips I had seen (go figure). Her voice was exceptionally perfect on Wish You Were Here.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 08-09-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
What a night! Here's a few thoughts: I loved the energy, enthusiasm, we even got some ad lib comments...a brilliant evening. We were on Christine's side (left aisle), row 4 (which was really row 3) and security wouldn't let us up to the stage until the encores, but such is life. They also didn't let the people in front us to the stage-there was a pavement/floor crack they said we had to stay behind. Anyone in violation got moved.

Highlights: the energy, Chris and her little dance moves, her interaction with the crowd is reserved but there...she shook her maracas at us, gave thumbs up, etc. For a brief moment we exchanged a look (during too far gone) that I realise could be directed at anyone, but I'll take it. The new music sounded great. She is so beautiful.

The crowd was slow to get up & dance but finally a few joined in & that kicked off the fun. I loved when the crowd sang Stevie's part on Lies & Linds & Chris seemed to enjoy that.

YMLF is one of my all time faves and CM was definitely off tonight. But, I'll take it. I was a tad disappointed that Linds never came over to our side, but I can't blame him as no one was up at the stage.

Fess up Ledgies: who amongst you was front row center dancing the night away? Your enthusiasm was unparalleled!

I've been a fm fan as long as I can remember, like many of you the songs are the stories of my life. My favourite members are John & Chris, not in a shipper way, but in a talent & coolness way. I haven't seen Chris on stage since 1997, shows I enjoyed but shows we knew bored her. I can't begin to describe how amazing tonight was for me, and it appeared also for them!!

I haven't been to a small venue in years but this one was great: well organized. A lot of empty seats, sadly. At FM shows I like to sit center row 4-8 where the sound is good and I can see John. After tonight I completely understand the appeal of getting to the stage! It was wonderful to be that close, interact with the band.

I will say that I thought I'd miss John & Mick but this was a completely different experience and the band members were solid & clearly having a ball.

Sorry for any typos & nonsense...too pumped to sleep & typing on my phone.

Hope some others were there & had an equally enjoyable night.
Makes me wish you were in LA. The whole theater was rockin. I'm so glad you had a great time and got to see it!!! I hope there's more BuckVie to come. It was an amazing experience for me. I could feel the energy..........
Old 08-09-2017, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Was there as well! 4th row center. Nice little venue. Was also somewhat surprised at the smaller crowd, given it was the only Ohio show, and the potential for drawing people from Cincinnati and Columbus, but living in Columbus, I really did not see any marketing here and would not have known about the show were I not already a rabid fan.

Both LB and CM were super fun and playful with the crowd. Shout out to the group in the front row for egging them on and bringing the fun out of them :-)

Is Christine even playing keyboards? I saw her doing something with the foot pedals during You Make Loving Fun, and she was definitely playing during Game of Pretend. But Brett absolutely played the intro to Hold Me. Is she playing at all, or are her parts just mixed REALLY low?

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples).

One thing I found interesting seeing Chris that close...on Lindsey-featured songs (I'm So Afraid specifically), when the lighting is down on her, and she's focused on "playing" the keys, the ways she looks to the side, with her hair in her face...my god, it felt to me like I was watching 1982 Christine performing on the Mirage tour or something...it was quite surreal.

Loved the show. The new songs sounded great. In fact, everything sounded much better in person than the YouTube clips I had seen (go figure). Her voice was exceptionally perfect on Wish You Were Here.
YES!!! I had this same sensation. I felt like I'd gone into a time machine. It was such an amazing experience.
Old 08-09-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Elle and jwd, if I had known you guys were going to be there, I would have probably gone! Nice to see you and jwd and other regulars here had such a great time. I was really wanting to go but too much going on at home kept me away, plus I couldn't find anyone willing to go- I need better friends!
I was hoping you would go. It was quite an amazing experience. A great notch to put in the FMac concert libraries.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
tell me more, tell me more!!!!
Old 08-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

^This... especially the drums on Too Far Gone......
Old 08-09-2017, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples)....

From what I can tell in videos and based on other attendees' comments, she is playing chords and simple figures but her parts are often mixed down. I'm not sure why this is the case. I'm presuming, like the drum tracks, that LB arranged this and/or CM wasn't interested in preparing multi-layered keyboard work as she used to. I have a feeling it's both reasons. He wants the music to sound a specific way. And she is no longer interested in playing everything live (as opposed to her still-impressive studio playing). I first saw this on "Silver Springs" during the last FM tour. She didn't play the piano on it.

I'm thrilled, however, that her voice was in good form and that she sounded especially good on WYWH. While I mis Christine's sturdy, bluesy keyboard textures, I still tune in for the voice. That voice!
Old 08-09-2017, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post

I had to rearrange the work schedule a little, with the concert falling in the middle of the week. But I'm so glad I went. It was an amazing night. One I'll never forget!