The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Should FM release the album without any SN-penned songs?
yes, there's no time to waste! 31 28.44%
no, they should keep waiting for SN, however long it takes 76 69.72%
we don't need no stinkin' FM album 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I'm just disappointed that her songs, if any, will just be tacked on leftovers from her Dave Stewart jam session. ... but it's better than nothing.
i don't know whether it's better than nothing... i think only LB/CM penned album could be an amazing combo, especially considering the music he's been creating in the last 10 years. but we'll probably never know.

but i don't have too hard of a time living through the easy-listening music Stewart wrote for IYD and his recent solo albums, unlike many of the SN's grating songs on SYW (think SG, RTTG). so maybe it will work out.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know whether it's better than nothing... i think only LB/CM penned album could be an amazing combo, especially considering the music he's been creating in the last 10 years. but we'll probably never know.

but i don't have too hard of a time living through the easy-listening music Stewart wrote for IYD and his recent solo albums, unlike many of the SN's grating songs on SYW (think SG, RTTG). so maybe it will work out.
Not unlike Lindsey's grating songs on SYW (Think, WTWCT & "Come"), not to mention his disastrously overwrought SYW version of "Say Goodbye" - sped up and bled out of any beauty from his GOS version.

RTTG is a great song, Lindsey just produced a S***ty cold sounding version of it.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
Not unlike Lindsey's grating songs on SYW (Think, WTWCT & "Come"), not to mention his disastrously overwrought SYW version of "Say Goodbye" - sped up and bled out of any beauty from his GOS version.

RTTG is a great song, Lindsey just produced a S***ty cold sounding version of it.
"Say Goodbye" sounds like same on SYW as it did on the version I had a few years before that except added Stevie vocals. I've never heard a slower version.

The one thing I like about RTTG is the blistering solo.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i can't stand WTWCT, so i'll agree there.

i love Come, although 2012 live totally solo version is by far my favorite one. it was unbelievable!

unlike most people, i don't like any version of Say Goodbye. sped up, slowed down, can't stand it. (although last year's concert version was performed nicely. still. if it was not LB i would never ever listen to that song... and i barely listen to it even now.)

yes, RTTG is a disastrous song. i can't stand the lyrics or the music, however many times i tried to listen through it (not surprised that somehow LB and not SN is to blame for that - another reason why i'd rather have album without SN - let's see what Lindsey can do with just his and Christine's songs!).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
"Say Goodbye" sounds like same on SYW as it did on the version I had a few years before that except added Stevie vocals. I've never heard a slower version.

search youtube for live versions.

i can never make it to the solo on RTTG.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post

Oh, no way! Lindsey tinkered with it. It was much more subtle on the GOS album leak (which I have) and Stevie's backing vocals have nothing to do with that. The "live" versions on the tour were beautiful. The album version is not near as lilting as the "live" version or GOS version (the "live" version was the best). Same with "Bleed To Love Her" - The SYW version is not near as good as on "The Dance". Cold, cold cold......

Lindsey didn't do Stevie any favors by arranging RTTG or "Destiny Rules" by beginning cold (acoustically) with no rhythm instruments layered underneath. They sounded metallic and devoid of any warmth.
Old 05-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I'm just disappointed that her songs, if any, will just be tacked on leftovers from her Dave Stewart jam session. ... but it's better than nothing.
I think you are WRONG...FM has been pushing recording for years and I think she may also be weary of LB's production of her songs but with Christine's return she has finally said "You want to make an album I'll show you how to make an album" Stevie seems to be hell bent on getting things done and I think she will bring some of her best work ever to FM...I also think she may have a bit of a chip on her shoulder and wants to out do LB & CM...
Old 05-01-2014, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, no way! Lindsey tinkered with it. It was much more subtle on the GOS album leak (which I have) and Stevie's backing vocals have nothing to do with that. The "live" versions on the tour were beautiful. The album version is not near as lilting as the "live" version or GOS version (the "live" version was the best). Same with "Bleed To Love Her" - The SYW version is not near as good as on "The Dance". Cold, cold cold......

Lindsey didn't do Stevie any favors by arranging RTTG or "Destiny Rules" by beginning cold (acoustically) with no rhythm instruments layered underneath. They sounded metallic and devoid of any warmth.
SG is just as horribly sped up on GOS1 as it is on SYW. there are many more differences from one to the other live version than from GOS1 to SYW version. none of the versions are any good though, at least not to my taste.

BTLH on both GOS1 and on SYW is gorgeous. there is no bad versions of BTLH, and he did tons of them , including bunch of different live versions.

Destiny Rules is a gorgeous song because of that underlying guitar and that ending outro. that's if you can live through the awful vocals somehow. it's my favorite SN song on SYW.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
I also think she may have a bit of a chip on her shoulder and wants to out do LB & CM...
yup. never ending competition.