The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-11-2019, 01:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default This deserves it's own thread..Dlisted!

http://dlisted.com/2019/02/10/lindse...s/#more-325045
This guy kind of nails it. Those last two paragraphs David you are going to LOVE this.

Lindsey Buckingham Had Emergency Open Heart Surgery Which Messed Up His Vocal Cords
February 10, 2019

Fleetwood Mac ditched a sizable chunk off the lineup of their glory days of the 1970s and 80s when they unceremoniously dumped Lindsey Buckingham from the group ahead of their tour this past Fall. Lindsey turned around and sued the remaining members of Fleetwood Mac for $12 million claiming potential lost wages from the tour. Both sides eventually settled on a figure, but the battle must’ve caused a helluva lot of stress on Lindsey, because he just went through emergency open heart surgery that has damaged his vocal cords. It’s uncertain if he will recover.

Lindsey’s wife Kristen Buckingham posted the news on her Instagram page, noting that Lindsey’s father and brother passed away from heart related issues at the ages of 56 and 46. Lindsey is 69.

It’s probable that the real cause of Lindsey’s problems are due to the pin pricked doll made from his hair (stolen from his silver brush in the late 1960s), and flickering black candles lining the goat blood pentagram in Stevie Nicks‘ attic, freshly laid out around the time he sued the band and a little after those accusations of him abusing her made it into a book. Stevie probably pre-recorded the incarnations on an old tape recorder to save her own vocals for tour, which may have weakened the spell a bit because he still got his cut of their tour money. But Stevie did post a statement, a pretty basic one, about Lindsey’s health scare on Instagram. I can practically taste the blood from the band’s teeth gritting and biting their tongues through having to type this statement.

Perhaps they posted it on Stevie’s Instagram because the Fleetwood Mac Instagram is full of photos of the new lineup sans Lindsey featuring Neil Finn and Mike Campbell and they didn’t want him to suffer any future heart palpitations from his angry eyeballs jumping over the page.

Last edited by secondhandchain; 02-11-2019 at 01:42 AM..
Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love it. He must really know the hateful old goat!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have noticed that most people who only follow the band casually still believe the delaying the tour story.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Which even if true shouldn't fly, given 2:22-3:08 of www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEXglFYtGCk:

“Fleetwood Mac [had planned to go out this year but now] is going out next year.... I kind of put them on hold. I mean, I made this record. That was a year. Then I toured last year–off and on all last year–and did lots and lots of press. And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer, because I did not feel that this record was finished. And so it did not make Fleetwood Mac happy but I said to them, ‘I’m taking 2012 for In Your Dreams. I’m sorry. And if you can’t understand that in your heart–how important this is to me–then I’m sorry, but I’m doing it, and I will see you in 2013.'”–Stevie Nicks 2012

I understand she rightly has more pull in the band, and that's a key difference. Fine. Then say something to that effect.

But don't say bs like 3:20-3:41 of www.youtube.com/watch?v=346fynuN-b4:

"This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members did not want to go out on the road for a year.” “We just couldn’t agree and, you know, when you’re in a band it’s a team. I mean, I have a solo career and I love my solo career. And I’m the boss, absolutely – but I’m not the boss in this band.”–Stevie Nicks 2018

Last edited by cbBen; 02-11-2019 at 12:53 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 01:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for putting that stuff together like that CbBen. I haven't seen these quotes back to back like this before, but I work at a research organization, and this is exactly how we lay out our facts... provides a really stark contrast when they're side by side like this. And of course, the word of the year, frustrating.
Old 02-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"I’m sorry, but I’m doing it."–not the boss
Old 02-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Which even if true shouldn't fly, given 2:22-3:08 of www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEXglFYtGCk:

“Fleetwood Mac [had planned to go out this year but now] is going out next year.... I kind of put them on hold. I mean, I made this record. That was a year. Then I toured last year–off and on all last year–and did lots and lots of press. And then I decided to take this year also to tour all summer, because I did not feel that this record was finished. And so it did not make Fleetwood Mac happy but I said to them, ‘I’m taking 2012 for In Your Dreams. I’m sorry. And if you can’t understand that in your heart–how important this is to me–then I’m sorry, but I’m doing it, and I will see you in 2013.'”–Stevie Nicks 2012

I understand she rightly has more pull in the band, and that's a key difference. Fine. Then say something to that effect.

But don't say bs like 3:20-3:41 of www.youtube.com/watch?v=346fynuN-b4:

"This team wanted to get out on the road, and one of the members did not want to go out on the road for a year.” “We just couldn’t agree and, you know, when you’re in a band it’s a team. I mean, I have a solo career and I love my solo career. And I’m the boss, absolutely – but I’m not the boss in this band.”–Stevie Nicks 2018
Does she even recognize her own hypocrisy? She makes the latter statement so brazenly, without a trace of hesitation and a completely earnest expression.... either she believes her own BS or she is a very accomplished liar without a sense of shame.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Does she even recognize her own hypocrisy? She makes the latter statement so brazenly, without a trace of hesitation and a completely earnest expression.... either she believes her own BS or she is a very accomplished liar without a sense of shame.
The 2018 answer is to a question she expected, probably following some PR prep. The 2012 answer is to an off-topic question during a fan Q&A for her movie – a less guarded moment.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-11-2019 at 03:18 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"I’m sorry, but I’m doing it."–not the boss
That's my favorite one!

My best friend, who only knows random things about the band, finds it really hard to believe she's the boss. After what happened last year, she's now convinced.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I have noticed that most people who only follow the band casually still believe the delaying the tour story.
So true. They also believe that...

1) The band sounds better than ever. I wonder how many of these casual fans are seeing their first FM show?

2) Lindsey was an egomaniac. We all know that Stevie has the biggest ego of all. In reality, Lindsey was driven by his quest for perfection, not by a strong ego.

3) Stevie was the victim, but now she's twirling into the sunset for the next ten years.

Never going back again.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Did Stevie really say something on her Instagram?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

She posted the text of Fleetwood Mac's tweet: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bto6NXhjGV3/
Old 02-11-2019, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She posted the text of Fleetwood Mac's tweet: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bto6NXhjGV3/
Wow! I'm touched.

So, this is probably the most we're gonna get from the woman that have known Lindsey for the past 50+ years, and wasn't showing any signs of discomfort near him until the day she fired him.

It's really hard to explain and/or justify her current behavior. It was already hard to justify her reasons to fire him, but this? If her ONLY problem with Lindsey was his desire to delay the FM tour, isn't acting cold towards his health condition a bit too much?

She's only showing her true colors, and giving her fans a tough job into justifying their Queen. She was probably NOT expecting that her little tantrum from last year will end up in Lindsey on a hospital bed.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

That wasn’t exactly the same situation, though. Stevie wasn’t ready to stop touring an album that was already released, but more importantly wasn’t ready to come back to Fleetwood Mac after the death of her mom. Hell, Christine basically quit touring for 23 years after her dad passed away, so a one year delay was inconsequential by comparison. It was also seven years ago, before John had a cancer scare and before the eldest member returned.

Stevie’s comments on CBS were outrageous, but when haven’t they been in the past two decades? Although, Lindsey admitted to requesting a delay at the late November/early December, 2017 meeting, where the band “stonewalled” on the issue. Personally, I think Lindsey was toast going into that meeting.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 02-11-2019, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Wow! I'm touched.

So, this is probably the most we're gonna get from the woman that have known Lindsey for the past 50+ years, and wasn't showing any signs of discomfort near him until the day she fired him.

It's really hard to explain and/or justify her current behavior. It was already hard to justify her reasons to fire him, but this? If her ONLY problem with Lindsey was his desire to delay the FM tour, isn't acting cold towards his health condition a bit too much?

She's only showing her true colors, and giving her fans a tough job into justifying their Queen. She was probably NOT expecting that her little tantrum from last year will end up in Lindsey on a hospital bed.
A $12 million lawsuit, however justified, is a declaration of war.