User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-31-2018, 05:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
SN name fills half of the arena, FM brand fills the other half.

no-brand-name Buckingham McVie filled 3-5000 sheds same way as current FM is filling arenas (ie having somewhat of a hard time, same as Nicks / Pretenders girl-power-bill was having somewhat of a hard time filling arenas).

so while Nicks name is the only recognizable among the classic 5 in the US, let's stay real. saying FM brand would barely fill 1k seaters is a complete and utter bs and people throw that out there just to belittle the band.

plus, it always surprises me how some fans here seem to take the stand of what's best for the band /managers, and not what's best for the fans. y'all want to pay through the nose for a boring GH arena show, instead of seing your favorite in a more intimate setting doing more of their interesting deep cuts or new songs. i will never understand that. i will always prefer LB solo than LB with FM, there are so many more interesting tracks i can hear from him solo, plus he is so much more free to go off the cuff in that setting. lucky for fans like me, it looks like he's NGBA!
Elle, mistakenly, and for a long time too, I believed that Lindsey solo was all paranoid noise like Murrow and Go Insane (acoustic) and I'm So Afraid. Then he got fired from the band and released what is now my favourite solo collection of any member of this band. Favourites: Don't Look Down, Go Insane (album version), Hunger, Ride This Road, It's Not Too Late... all fantastic.

The 2013 love fest "Without You" tour was not a sham, in my view. Something changed and not just his so-called hateful smirk at Music Cares. Not just his disdain for the intro music being a Stevie Nicks song. I really think they had a major falling out ...maybe about the boring setlists and he didn't want to include stuff like Oh Well (Remember Mick said they would play Oh Well on 2013 European leg, then they never did) or Black Magic Woman, or Free Fallin' Tom Petty tribute. This is a major point of difference between the last 2014-15 tour and the 2018-19 tour... blues music has finally been included again, and a lot of new and older fans are very happy about that.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
The 2013 love fest "Without You" tour was not a sham, in my view. Something changed and not just his so-called hateful smirk at Music Cares. Not just his disdain for the intro music being a Stevie Nicks song. I really think they had a major falling out ...maybe about the boring setlists and he didn't want to include stuff like Oh Well (Remember Mick said they would play Oh Well on 2013 European leg, then they never did) or Black Magic Woman, or Free Fallin' Tom Petty tribute. This is a major point of difference between the last 2014-15 tour and the 2018-19 tour... blues music has finally been included again, and a lot of new and older fans are very happy about that.
I don't think that that particular setlist with songs like Oh, Well or Black Magic Woman was the setlist in mind while Lindsey was still in the band. Those songs were included after Lindsey was fired.

I think his firing was much more simple and it had more to do with Stevie and her dislike of his behavior than with the dynamic of the band.

Happy New Year!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-31-2018, 09:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I don't think that that particular setlist with songs like Oh, Well or Black Magic Woman was the setlist in mind while Lindsey was still in the band. Those songs were included after Lindsey was fired.
They were talking about doing the more obscure stuff back in August, 2017.

Doing “Black Magic Woman” and “All Over Again” were all Stevie’s idea.

THE Stephen Hopkins