Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 11:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The PR Stunt Theory

We’ve been had. The latest CBS interview is hysterical! “Dearest Lindsey, I had nothing to do with any of this. I believe in her heart Stevie wants you to come home”. Nauseating! LOL. This whole s**t show has been very “convenient” for ALL parties involved. A hodgepodge “lawsuit” settled out of court in 6 weeks? Lindsey gets “time off” from playing the same tired set list. Stevie gets to put her newly unemployed BFF Mike Campbell back to work for two years. Mick can make some cash while doing a favor for his friend Finn. (Finn and Campbell are working at only a fraction of Buckingham’s fee) Plus, the Buckingham Rodeo Drive camp gets paid. Chris keeps working. BIGGEST PAYOFF: We can stage a “surprise” The Dance Reunion/Farewell Tour in 2021 that will last 3 years for the ULTIMATE final cash grab. How underwhelming.

“In her heart, Stevie wants you home”. That was an especially nice touch! Way to go, you’ve pulled off the latest scripted drama in this 50 year train wreck! Lol—just hysterical! Can I hire the top secret PR person behind this delicious stunt? At least we can all relax knowing that Lindsey will be “back in the band” within 2-3 years. It’s certainly a gamble given the advanced age of these drama queens. I guess Irving Azoff was willing to roll the dice.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
We’ve been had. The latest CBS interview is hysterical! “Dearest Lindsey, I had nothing to do with any of this. I believe in her heart Stevie wants you to come home”. Nauseating! LOL. This whole s**t show has been very “convenient” for ALL parties involved. A hodgepodge “lawsuit” settled out of court in 6 weeks? Lindsey gets “time off” from playing the same tired set list. Stevie gets to put her newly unemployed BFF Mike Campbell back to work for two years. Mick can make some cash while doing a favor for his friend Finn. (Finn and Campbell are working at only a fraction of Buckingham’s fee) Plus, the Buckingham Rodeo Drive camp gets paid. Chris keeps working. BIGGEST PAYOFF: We can stage a “surprise” The Dance Reunion/Farewell Tour in 2021 that will last 3 years for the ULTIMATE final cash grab. How underwhelming.

“In her heart, Stevie wants you home”. That was an especially nice touch! Way to go, you’ve pulled off the latest scripted drama in this 50 year train wreck! Lol—just hysterical! Can I hire the top secret PR person behind this delicious stunt? At least we can all relax knowing that Lindsey will be “back in the band” within 2-3 years. It’s certainly a gamble given the advanced age of these drama queens. I guess Irving Azoff was willing to roll the dice.
I actually hope that’s what happened. Absolute Genius idea if it was. So knowing Fleetwood Mac that can’t be true except there has to be a new final album too for Lindsey to have been part of this scheme.

He Will Burn You Down

Last edited by Hawkeye; 12-11-2018 at 11:18 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 11:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And, really, it’s not like there was a lot of demand for another 1975-87 tour not all that long after the last tour. Adding Mike and Neil and playing a few deep cuts gave a compelling reason to see this tour, and makes it possible for the classic lineup to go out for one more cash grab without anything new.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

And Lindsey’s doing the best solo tour of his career by a mile. There’s no way his tour would’ve been as good as it is sandwiched between Fleetwood Mac shows. The logistics just doesn’t work. Or at the very least he would be playing far fewer shows.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 12-11-2018, 11:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I actually hope that’s what happened. Absolute Genius idea if it was. So knowing Fleetwood Mac that can’t be true except there has to be a new final album too for Lindsey to have been part of this scheme.
right? and when was the last time all of them agreed on anything??
Old 12-12-2018, 12:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

2021? Who's going to have any voice left then(NOW?)?

While I don't really disagree with any of your points, AGE is the thing that's going to keep this from happening. Who TF wants to tour at 80, croaking out EMBARRASSING notes, over and over?

If it was 10 years earlier, I'd buy this premise. Unlike the Rolling Stones, "time ain't on their side". Daisies are on their sides, at this point.
Old 12-12-2018, 12:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Nope. Nope. Nope.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
While I don't really disagree with any of your points, AGE is the thing that's going to keep this from happening. Who TF wants to tour at 80, croaking out EMBARRASSING notes, over and over?.
BB King, Pete Seeger, Leonard Cohen, Chuck Berry, Tony Bennett, Harry Belafonte, Burt Bacharach, Fats Domino, Loretta Lynn, Yoko Ono, Willie Nelson, Petula Clark, Jerry Lee Lewis, John Mayall, Buddy Guy, Kris Kristofferson, Bill Wyman... all of these people performed or are performing after 80... some after 90. So to say musicians have to pack it in after 80 is just completely untrue.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
And, really, it’s not like there was a lot of demand for another 1975-87 tour not all that long after the last tour.
But that's EXACTLY what THIS tour is. (Spare me the "deep cuts" spiel.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Adding Mike and Neil and playing a few deep cuts gave a compelling reason to see this tour
Why do you find the prospect of listening to one of rock's premiere guitarists relegated to playing the Rhiannon lick night after night so compelling? Given the circumstances (a band of oldies playing oldies), why do you find Mike and Neil so compelling? Have you been waiting all your life to hear Neil wrap his pipes around Don't Stop?

If you're as sick of the set list as I am, why foist it on unsuspecting guitarists and singers who happen to be passing by, like Neil, Mike, Dave Mason, Bekka, or Rick? Do you imagine that any of them are or were invested in that set list in any but a financial way? Did they dream all night of playing such songs?

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-12-2018, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
BB King, Pete Seeger, Leonard Cohen, Chuck Berry, Tony Bennett, Harry Belafonte, Burt Bacharach, Fats Domino, Loretta Lynn, Yoko Ono, Willie Nelson, Petula Clark, Jerry Lee Lewis, John Mayall, Buddy Guy, Kris Kristofferson, Bill Wyman... all of these people performed or are performing after 80... some after 90. So to say musicians have to pack it in after 80 is just completely untrue.
Don't forget Jim Morrison, who would have been 80 had he not died young.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 12-12-2018, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In a band known for it's sublime harmonies that will now sound like frogs with strep throat or dying caninesI guess they could just lip synch to cuts from the Dance or Fleetwood Mac live.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I never did belie he HE HE HEVE in miracles.

Try hitting those notes at 50, let alone 75 or 80.

It's already embarrassing...
Old 12-12-2018, 02:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
In a band known for it's sublime harmonies that will now sound like frogs with strep throat or dying canines.
That sure as hell won’t stop them. Stevie, Mick, and John will all perform until they physically can’t. Stevie will be doing twirls in her mobility scooter when she can no longer stand, mark my word!

It’s not like folks will stop going to see them, either. Even this karaoke tour is doing well. Nostalgia is a powerful drug.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
In a band known for it's sublime harmonies that will now sound like frogs with strep throat or dying caninesI guess they could just lip synch to cuts from the Dance or Fleetwood Mac live.
THANK YOU!

It will all be lip synch, very soon.

They're THE BAND OF MY LIFE, but there's not much vocal life left in them. This isn't the blues, where you can just mumble your way through the songs.

FM 2021 - dirges from the funeral home tour.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Nostalgia is a powerful drug.
Not for people who want the real thing.