Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I agree on the timing. I think this is more or less what happened:

1. In November 2017 Lindsey asks for delay, the band refuses, and he storms out of the band meeting. The band decides to fire him, but also decides to wait until after MusiCares to pull the trigger.

2. Lindsey meanwhile withdraws his request, but by then he is the proverbial dad man walking, as they have already decided to cut ties.

3. When fired, in Lindsey's mind it can't be on account of his insistence on a delay because he had since withdrawn that request, but in the band's mind November (not January) was when he was really fired.

4. The band cites his insistence on a tour delay to justify the firing, but is vague and misleading on the timeline. They say he wanted to wait a year, but it was a year from the band meeting, not a year from when they wanted to start touring. Stevie also says "next November" instead of "November 2018" or just "November," which leaves the door open to the inference that he wanted a delay of up to 19 months.

Wonder how things would have unfolded (including in the studio) had Lindsey let Sheryl Crow into the band in 2008 like Mick and Stevie wanted.
y'all do realize that they SHOULD HAVE given him that delay in the first place? not fire him for it! yet he said ok, no delay. he bent over backwards for that band over and over. and somehow some here find justified to fire him over wanting measly 2 months for his solo career that has been put om the back burner while waiting for Nicks since 2012? or over one sentence he said in some interview nobody even knows about except like 2 people here who are fixated on it.

please.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-11-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
and somehow some here find justified to fire him over wanting measly 2 months for his solo career that has been put om the back burner while waiting for Nicks since 2012?
Seems like he went forward with a solo tour in 2012, and the LBCM tour.

However, apples and oranges from 2012. That was six years ago, Stevie was extending a tour for an album that had been out for a year, Christine wasn’t in the band, and John hadn’t had cancer.

Quote:
or over one sentence he said in some interview nobody even knows about except like 2 people here who are fixated on it.
Aside from being in the L.A.Times, that interview was broadcast on SiriusXM. I heard it when I was driving through Indianapolis on my way home from Chicagoland. Damn near wrecked my car! I remember looking over at my girlfriend and cringing. She cringed, too. Regardless, none of us had money invested in that wannabe festival series. Azoff had millions. Can we at least agree that the comment did Lindsey no favors?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Seems like he went forward with a solo tour in 2012, and the LBCM tour.

However, apples and oranges from 2012. That was six years ago, S.
cute. we all know why he went forward with OMS. it was in Mick's Playboy interview, remember that one? and also in Dancin' that LB performed at 2 opening shows of OMS. he did the next best thing because SN has ditched the mac. as she does. over and over.

see, that's why i wanted to meet you in person and talk it over a drink - because i cannot believe you really can say all this with a straight face and i'm tired of going in useless circles . but seems you were afraid to! there are tons of people who found me at these LB shows. one just had to want to!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 12-11-2018 at 08:41 PM..
Old 12-11-2018, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
cute. that's why i wanted to meet you in person and talk it over a drink - because i cannot believe you really can say all this with a straight face . but seems you were afraid to! there are tons of people who found me at these LB shows. one just had to want to!
Nothing personal. It took eight hours to get to Canton and it was very cold. Between the methotrexate hangover, Raynaud’s, and Sjogren’s, I felt lucky to even see the show. If I had known people were sticking around, I might have, but I was feeling cold and fatigued.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also, wasn’t the biggest reason for OMS because Neale hurt his back?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, wasn’t the biggest reason for OMS because Neale hurt his back?
nope. it was OMS becaiuse half of his touring band was touring with SN (Brett) and Chicago (Wally). he had practically the whole start of new FM album recorded with Mick and John at the time and they were waiting for Stevie, remember? she said nope, and added a year to her solo tour. guess she should have been fired right then and there?

Old 12-11-2018, 08:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
we all know why he went forward with OMS. it was in Mick's Playboy interview, remember that one? and also in Dancin' that LB performed at 2 opening shows of OMS. he did the next best thing because SN has ditched the mac. as she does. over and over.
What is OMS?
Old 12-11-2018, 08:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

One Man Show. It was Lindsey’s solo acoustic/karaoke tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
One Man Show. It was Lindsey’s solo acoustic/karaoke tour.
Steve thinks everyone's OMS tour has to be a carbon copy of Richard Thompson. i saw Richard Thompson. great voice and great sense of humor. by the end of his show i was bored. to each his / her own.

on his OMS, Lindsey did 4 songs with backup samples (ISA and Come, for example). it was way less backup samples than his current tour. and it was in your face - he would start the sample and then start playing. he was not hiding it. his ISA from that tour was my favorite version from this decade. till he played ISA for my daughter at a show last week.

that all said i absolutely hated how short Lindsey's OMS setlist was.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
What is OMS?
One Man Show.

the tour Lindsey did in 2012, because SN ditched the mac. he did it completely alone, he was travelling with just the guitar tech and the sound guy, for a while. it was so successful that he added 4 separate legs.

it was a pretty fantastic tour. lots of sold out expensive but miniature venues. the only real complaint was that the setlist was too short. then again, comparing to this year's spectacular setlist he has, OMS one cannot hold a candle!

Old 12-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It did him no favours in the context of these futile debates, but can we agree that the comment was accurate, that those style of festivals are cash grab oldies **** designed for casual fans, the same fans that are attending the current Mac tour.

Moreover, the Classic East/West shows were ripoffs of the dessert shows that were played by bigger bands, much bigger bands the previous year. Lindsey and Chris towed the company line by playing them in the first place, they were in the middle of promoting their album; can you not understand Lindsey's viewpoint.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
It did him no favours in the context of these futile debates, but can we agree that the comment was accurate, that those style of festivals are cash grab oldies **** designed for casual fans, the same fans that are attending the current Mac tour.
Of course that’s what they’re intended for. That’s what any festival is for. As for this tour, it’s no more a cash grab than if there hadn’t been a lineup change. Arguably, it’s less of a cash grab, since new lineups are risky.

Quote:
Moreover, the Classic East/West shows were ripoffs of the dessert shows that were played by bigger bands, much bigger bands the previous year.
Obviously. It was Irving’s attempt to put his roster on the same footing. Futile attempt, regardless.

Quote:
Lindsey and Chris towed the company line by playing them in the first place, they were in the middle of promoting their album; can you not understand Lindsey's viewpoint.
I never didn’t understand his viewpoint. I’ve never said I disagree with what he said (and I don’t). But, it’s bad politics to have gone there.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bad politics? what do we expect from our favourite bands, truthful accounts of their art and career, or politically correct statements as to not upset anyone? Truthfully I don't want another FM tour, I do want a recorded final show with the 5. At least Lindsey is not hamstrung by the PR machine that is attached to Irving and FM moving forward.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bad politics? what do we expect from our favourite bands, truthful accounts of their art and career, or politically correct statements as to not upset anyone?
Accounts about each other? The former.

Accounts about one of the most powerful men in the industry, your manager, and someone who’s probably in for tens of millions or more and is putting seven figures in your pocket? Most certainly the latter!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Isn't every tour a cash grab? Bands tour because they love to perform and they make a lot of money doing something they love.

There were a lot of people at the FM show I attended who appeared to be much more than "casual fans." I understand what the implication is when people use the term "casual fan" when discussing the current lineup... that the "real fans" aren't going to the tour. Hey, if that makes people feel better to think that, go for it.