Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Was Mick disloyal for writing his book?
I personally think so, yes.
Again, he was there and has a right to write what he likes, but yes, still disloyal.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
I personally think so, yes.
Again, he was there and has a right to write what he likes, but yes, still disloyal.
If everyone felt like that there would be no more autobiographies
And really, if you don't like it just don't read it. It's not really fair though to post that it's rubbish and full of lies, when you don't know it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
& again, thank you. i find it also amusing after lurking for a year before posting that i came across horrible threads about lb's current wife. tell me, is daddy's ex's book going to hurt worse than reading those things about their mother? & some of the posters here who have slammed cah for this book were the very same posters slamming his wife & saying she's disgraceful, a pig, bitch, etc., for putting it out there. pot. kettle.
All this has reminded me about the Kristin bashing too. There always seems to be hostility towards Lindsey's partners other than Stevie.

Last edited by trackaghost; 07-08-2007 at 04:16 PM..
Old 07-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
True enough, I suppose.

Quote:
And really, if you don't like it just don't read it. It's not really fair though to post that it's rubbish and full of lies, when you don't know it is.
I absolutely agree, don't read it if you're not interested in what it says and willing to give some credibility to it. Although I haven't said that it's rubbish and lies, and furthermore I haven't read either of these books, this is just my view on the impression I've been getting.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
I absolutely agree, don't read it if you're not interested in what it says and willing to give some credibility to it. Although I haven't said that it's rubbish and lies, and furthermore I haven't read either of these books, this is just my view on the impression I've been getting.
Oh I know you haven't, I just meant in general having read some of the comments here

I actually really enjoyed Mick's book, I'd recommend it.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
As usual Kelly, you hit the nail on the head. Kudos.

There are always people who just don't "get it." Frankly, this thread has gone way far a field. The point is, Carol Ann Harris was never a member of the band and is a truly immoral person of questionable character for spitefully betraying the trust of the Mac-members et al at this late date. Her observations are, therefore, not worth the paper that they are printed on. If anyone wants to buy the book, fine, but I for one would not pay one red cent for this trash. Once again,the woman is a PIG.

CarolC
what difference does it make if she was a member of the band or not? it's her life. if they were that concerned about their "story" getting out, they should have put themselves in a plastic bubble and not let anyone in. The truth of the matter is, you can buy it or not buy it. Read it, or not read it. Why is it okay for members of FM to bash her, but not okay for her to retaliate? And as strand said, if she had written wonderful things about them, would you be as upset about it? I'm guessing not.
Old 07-08-2007, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

i'm really torn in mick writing the autobiography. I haven't read it, so i dont' know exactly what's in it, but I've heard enough about it. I think it was unethical to write it, even though I'll probably read about it but I dont think it was disloyal to the "band" or name that is fleetwood mac. Just to the people that he calls his friends. I would never write a book about the office I work at, and drag out all of my co-worker's dirty laundry. Especially since I'm still friends with them. idk, it's hard to wrap around it, since it's showbusiness and it's a completely different world. But if you bring it back down to reality, it is a bit unethical and disloyal.

granted, no one would want to read my book, so there's no point in discussing it
Old 07-08-2007, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
I think it was unethical to write it, even though I'll probably read about it but I dont think it was disloyal to the "band" or name that is fleetwood mac. Just to the people that he calls his friends. I would never write a book about the office I work at, and drag out all of my co-worker's dirty laundry. Especially since I'm still friends with them. idk, it's hard to wrap around it, since it's showbusiness and it's a completely different world. But if you bring it back down to reality, it is a bit unethical and disloyal.
I think you've summed it up perfectly
Old 07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Now are you ever going to answer my question about exactly why you're reading this book, or indeed the questions Carrie asked you?
or mine! or mine!

i still want to know how she can prove that what CAH is saying is wrong, anymore than she can prove it's right. she can't. she wasn't there. none of us was. we get mick's version, we get CAH's version. we get lindsey's and stevie's through interview snippets. and clearly, some people only want to believe the parts that are favourable about stevie. i think the truth is, none of them was or is perfect. even stevie.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark View Post
i think the truth is, none of them was or is perfect. even stevie.

you're going straight to hell for that.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
I respectfully disagree. CAH may have been there but she was not in the band. So what she has to say is just "second hand news!"
so...if she was there, as you said in your second sentence...how was it "second hand news"??? It would be just as much second hand news if it had come from lindsey himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Come really about Anne Heche?

Bwwwhhhhha.

Where is that three dollar bill?

Her shacking up with a woman was certainly convenient for him, though.
regardless if come was about anne, lindsey has gone on record to say Miranda was about her and i think it was more destructive than come. come was just a mud slinging, pissed off song that you kinda listen to and go "ouch. hahah..she just got served!! " Miranda reveals more of her inner demons and serious problems that probably should have just been kept to himself. but oh, right. He's lindsey. he's ~artistic~ he can do that.

believe me, I love Lindsey Buckingham more than just about anything, but this has all been a bit much. To say because she put her child up for adoption that she is unreliable? c'mon. Anyway, I'll probably read it just for the hell of it to see wtf the fuss is about
Old 07-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And yet she bought her book expecting to find out if Stevie and Lindsey were getting back together
Funniest thing I have read all week. And that includes CAH's book.

Quote:
Was Mick disloyal for writing his book?
I'm torn on that one. It's one thing to write a book about your past and people you don't have any contact with anymore, but it's quite another to write a tell all book about people that you are still friends with and deal with on a day-to-day basis. Especially if said friends don't agree with what's in the book and you then years later even admit that there are some parts would require a rewrite.

Quote:
It's amusing to me the amount of people who have slammed her for writing this book yet rushed out to buy it. Also people have claimed her book is full of lies, but there's no doubt the reason it took so long to hit the shelves is that the Mac's lawyers were all over it. I realise people don't want to think badly of their heroes, but this woman was there. Her view of events is bias but I don't see how or why she wouldn't be telling the truth.
In my defense, because I feel like I need to defend myself considering I am one of the people that thought it was tacky of her to release this book but also ordered it and read it, I feel strongly about stating an opinion without being completely informed. I could discuss FM and Stevie until doomsday, but I rather do it with all the knowledge I can gather on the subject. And well, I am not above admitting I am nosy also. I don't claim her book is full of lies, but I also don't take it as gospel truth, because there are simply just too many inaccuracies in it. And I certainly don't take it for gospel truth because I don't want my 'heroes' tainted. I would be the last person to put any of those people involved with Fleetwood Mac on a pedestal. I believe CarolC cornered the market on that. I had far worse images in my head than what I came across in CAH's book. Like I've said a few times before, nothing in that book surprised, most of it we already knew, so yes, it definitely passed through a few lawyers' hands. And I've changed my initial opinion towards the book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
granted, no one would want to read my book, so there's no point in discussing it
What? I've already came up with a title for our book! It'll be a bestseller.
Old 07-08-2007, 06:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Edit: Ledge is screwed up... double post.

Last edited by danax6; 07-08-2007 at 07:00 PM..
Old 07-08-2007, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My comments weren't really directed towards you Vanessa, I've read with interest all you had to say about it and the inaccuracies in the book, I just find the hostility towards CAH a bit disturbing. She isn't the first to write a book like this and she certainly won't be the last, but hers is nowhere near the worst or most sleazy efforts out there.
Also, I don't know how I feel about Mick writing his autobiography either, but I brought it up because if it's tacky for CAH to write this book then, like you say, in a way it was even worse for Mick to write his, but people are more forgiving when it's a member of the band it seems.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Just to Add My $0.02 to the Cauldron...

First of all, I have not read this book nor do I have any intention of reading it.

However, I do have some opinions on the matter and have never been one to hold my tongue when I have something to say.

First of all, I feel that neither Lindsey nor Carol Ann are victims in this situation. While I have nothing but the utmost respect for Buckingham as a musician (and, as a fan, it's hard for me to accept that my idols can do wrong), it's difficult to believe that he was not abusive. Carol Ann Harris is not a lone voice in her accusations. On the other hand, I find it difficult to have any sympathy for someone who allows him or herself to be abused. I believe you are only truly a victim of domestic violence the first time it happens. After that, if you choose to stay with your abuser, you should share in the blame for what becomes of you. I know that people make the argument that victims of abuse essentially become psychological prisoners to their abusers, but abusive relationships rarely, if ever, begin that way. Things start out great, then slowly start to turn bad, then gradually get worse and continue in that downward spiral and anyone who is too weak to see the light and pull themselves out will get sucked in. But it's up to the individual to find the strength and get out before the current is too strong.

But enough of metaphors, I'm beginning to ramble. As much as I believe in the right of everyone to share their story, the case of Carol Ann Harris to me goes beyond that of a battered woman seeking to tell the world what happened, instead it smacks of someone trying to capitalize on an unfortunate situation. Let us not forget that this is not the first time that she has tried to air the dirty laundry. Many years ago, she also appeared on the television talk show Geraldo - an episode that focused on battered women. Again, don't get me wrong, the woman has every right to give her account of what happened, but it's obvious to me that she didn't go on television just to say that she had been battered. She went on television in hopes of making some sort of name for herself - even going as far as using the opportunity to sing a song before the nation-wide audience that the show provided. And if the rumors are true that she's been trying to publish this book for ten years now, that would put her original attempt right at about the release of The Dance, when any association with the band would be at its most profitable.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is, that what she has done - especially now given what he's done with his life in the years since their relationship - is totally without class. On the other hand, if her accusations are indeed true, than he deserves any backlash that may (however doubtful it may be) come of it. My only sympathies are for Kristen and the children.

Last edited by Miss Vicky; 07-08-2007 at 07:33 PM..
Old 07-08-2007, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My comments weren't really directed towards you Vanessa, I've read with interest all you had to say about it and the inaccuracies in the book, I just find the hostility towards CAH a bit disturbing. She isn't the first to write a book like this and she certainly won't be the last, but hers is nowhere near the worst or most sleazy efforts out there.
Also, I don't know how I feel about Mick writing his autobiography either, but I brought it up because if it's tacky for CAH to write this book then, like you say, in a way it was even worse for Mick to write his, but people are more forgiving when it's a member of the band it seems.
Oh, I think Mick's effort was far worse. Not only the book itself, which was already pretty bad considering a few peope have admitted to the inaccuracies, but mostly the idea behind it. There was one reason, and one reason only for Mick to write that book: money. With CAH you could still argue that she needed to tell her story, but with Mick? Please. And like I said, it's even worse when you do it off the back of your own friends, not even people you don't have any association with anymore.