User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Agreed. I love LB, but his "RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!" raving at the end of The Chain has just become annoying. Neil stuck with the "Running in the shadows!" line and reminded me how great the fade to this song *should* be... even condensed for TV. Curious to hear how a better mix in a full concert will sound.
Great pickup. Neil is such a consummate professional. The way he commanded the microphone during his vocals in "The Chain" contrasted with how he respectfully deferred to John during his bass break and to Stevie during Gypsy. Neil definitely looked restrained as I'm sure he's wanting to break in slowly but I know he'll show more energy as time goes on and he feels more and more comfortable taking the lead.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
This sums up everything I am feeling. I have a ticket and I plan to go, but it is not the Fleetwood Mac I knew and loved. I am a Stevie-apologizer, but I can't take the hand gestures and "hey baby" nonsense. The Rumours five are all responsible for the current state of this band and I can't help but feel this story should have a different ending.
You've always come off to me like a fan, not an apologizer. And you don't really get bent out of shape because you have a good sense of humor.

Some of the $tevie worshippers on here are insufferable. You have always been pretty fair.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Scarrott View Post
Their placement did indeed take me by surprise..as did Christine directly facing the audience rather than her usual more side-on position. But really, what is it with Christine and her ever-diminishing keyboard work? Laziness or arthritis? That we didn't hear her voice much is another niggling worry. She just about got away with it on the last Mac tour with the occasional falsetto and the odd forgivable flub.

i wonder if she were more turned sideways as she always was in the past it would just make it far too obvious she's not playing. When she's turned to the front, as she was on the BuckVie tour, it's much harder to see her hands.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Her entourage ensures that $he thinks nothing but that, about every aspect of her life.

$tevie - "hey guys, I just took a massive dump!"

Oh $tevie, it's beautiful, and smells just like ro$e$!!!!!

$tevie - "Nailed it!"

All jokes aside. That pretty much sums up $tevie's life.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-05-2018, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still remain optimistic we will get a happy ending with this band before all is said and done. I don't think it will be as far as Lindsey rejoining (again) but maybe a little forgiveness between members and one big giant box set with all surviving members contributing a little something like the 25 Years - The Chain set back in the day?
Old 09-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Ledgie

I hope Fleetwood Mac XIV is better in future performances than on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. There was no energy. Fleetwood Mac XI would sound better.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I wish someone could actually point to an example of them sounding good on TV going back to 2003. Lindsey blowing Peacekeeper in 2003, the pitchiness in 2014, the bizarre LBCM appearances…

Edit: He blew the intro to GYOW.
They always embarrass themselves on tv appearances and this was no exception. With or without Lindsey they are deadly on tv.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:03 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'm hoping today's Ellen performance was just a rough start. The new lineup had to start somewhere.

First Thoughts:
1. Sound Mix - could be better, likely a show issue. As a result, The Chain was "just ok". Stevie's "And Then" (or whatever that was) vocal seemed off due to the sound issue.
2. Christine - She looks great!! I wasn't sure she was playing much, but that's ok.
3. Stevie - She looks good, but was hoping for updated wardrobe and hair choices. Vocals - sounded like no warm ups (?), especially on Gypsy.
4. Neil and Mike - great first showings as members of the band.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

In other words, it was an interesting day in the Buckingham household.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 09-05-2018, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
This. It’s like the substance has been zapped from the band. The Chain is a song about passion, anger, and stubborn determination- this rendition had none of those emotions. The only word to describe it was just sad. Deeply sad.

Gypsy was less unfortunate to me. Like others have said, it’s never translated to the stage well, and Stevie never seems to have been able to nail the vocal, even back in the early ‘80s. I think her adjusting the vocal here was smart- made it much less cringeworthy. I still find it horribly sad this was the song Stevie purposely chose to sing, though. Of any of her FM songs, Gypsy is the one most closely associated with her musical relationship with Lindsey. It’s the song of hers he was most proud to help develop, and it’s the one song Stevie chose to perform for the new line up’s world debut. No wonder she was grinning the entire time... she stabbed Lindsey in the back and just keeps twisting the blade.
Now I'm glad I haven't watched and never will. Just the fact she was grinning like a f*cking idiot witch makes me hate her even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krrrby View Post
I thought Neil sounded GREAT. At least he can still sing incredible high notes for his age other than someone else who sounds like Animal from The Muppets.
And what about Stevie? Funny how you bashed everybody here a couple of posts back for "criticizing the band" and now you're doing exactly the same thing with a former band member that shaped the songs your beloved Stevie is destroying now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snroxman View Post
Stevie's "And Then" (or whatever that was) vocal seemed off due to the sound issue.
Yes, it was a big awkward "and then".

Maybe that was their calling card.

The New EP from Fleetwood Mac!
"Conjunctions"
Featuring the new Stevie Nicks penned tracks "Well", "And Then", and "But."

#stayingcreative

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 09-05-2018 at 11:46 PM..
Old 09-05-2018, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
So we're back
to the daytime
Burbank lot
Back to the song
that we loved
To a band with no grace
and fading powers
Back to the pitchy
song it was.
Before Lindsey,
That it was.

And it all comes down to two
Well you know that we needed
Two new guys
Maybe Neil, maybe Mike
Oh, Ellen does the scripted patter right
And you hear you're pitchy
Hey
You hear you're pitchy
Hey

Still the pitchi-
ness remains
She faces Neil Finn
who asks "Why am I here?"
"I have no idea--
"I only asked for Mike...
"And though I got a Mike
"No the Mike wasn't enough
"Enough for Lindsey's parts
"Enough to.. lol"

Stevie's dancing her way
On Ellen now
She was just off pitch
She was just, off pitch
And the memory of Lindsey who
made this song great
You see you ditched him
Hey
You, Stevie, ditched him
Uh-oh oh.
I don't know you, but I love you. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to sit myself down at my piano this weekend and actually sing this to myself, just because it's so damn clever. YOU ROCK!!!!! I had a really ****ty day (got rear ended bad and the woman drove away so I'm out a grand, stress at work, stress at home) and this was my one respite. It made me laugh out loud. Thanks.

Kevin
Old 09-06-2018, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Don't encourage me

(does Stevie's prolonged 'outro bow' from the new Gypsy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyfan View Post
got rear ended bad and the woman drove away so I'm out a grand, stress at work, stress at home
You got rear-ended and lost a grand? Sounds like the people who bought tickets to this FM tour!

But what an awful day for you, Kevin. I'm glad you didn't sustain any injuries yourself. It's one thing to be on guard for idiot drivers in front of you, but there's little you can do about the ones that come at you from behind.

Please post your rendition of "Pitchy" to YouTube.
Old 09-06-2018, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Introducing...

https://imgur.com/a/lHi67vd
Mr. Neilson

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 09-06-2018 at 12:43 AM..