The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 03-01-2024, 01:30 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,081
Default

This sorta review from the Times-Picayune of the other night's concert in New Orleans is fair. It praises her but also gives an honest take of the concert as a whole.

https://www.nola.com/entertainment_l...43ffaaee9.html
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-01-2024, 03:03 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,813
Default

Chatty Stevie Nicks...
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-01-2024, 03:22 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Chatty Stevie Nicks...
IIRC the writer said the talking before each song did not help the momentum of the concert. She talks A LOT but she doesn't introduce the band and the people adding vocal effects and elongating her notes like the last note of Fall From Grace.

Noit sure if anyone knows here, but she doesn't wear boots any more.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-01-2024, 03:32 PM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
IIRC the writer said the talking before each song did not help the momentum of the concert. She talks A LOT but she doesn't introduce the band and the people adding vocal effects and elongating her notes like the last note of Fall From Grace.

Noit sure if anyone knows here, but she doesn't wear boots any more.
The poor old dear's arches have fallen(from grace).
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-01-2024, 03:32 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 4,212
Default

A set that spanned two hours and 15 minutes managed only 18 songs. Nicks prefaced most with a story as long as the song itself. That verbosity didnt allow momentum to build across multiple songs strung together.

That was the same I felt when I saw Cher in Vegas 2010. But in that case she spent lot of time dissapearing to change costumes between songs (while they showed photos and clips). And she repeated that a lot during the show. Actually her live songs were no more than 60% of the show time.

Now that I read this, yes she can be so annoying and smug that she likes to spend time telling her stories, but it can also be a way to rest her voice and not strain it so much for 2 hours straight. Obviously, when she speaks, she continues to make an effort, but not as much as singing.

Anyway is disappointing that one pays to see something that they do not fulfill (in my case Cher, I've never gone to a SN concert).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-01-2024, 03:55 PM
soul_drifter333's Avatar
soul_drifter333 soul_drifter333 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 545
Default

Oh dear, who is she going to have fired now for criticizing her long speeches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
A set that spanned two hours and 15 minutes managed only 18 songs. Nicks prefaced most with a story as long as the song itself. That verbosity didnt allow momentum to build across multiple songs strung together.

That was the same I felt when I saw Cher in Vegas 2010. But in that case she spent lot of time dissapearing to change costumes between songs (while they showed photos and clips). And she repeated that a lot during the show. Actually her live songs were no more than 60% of the show time.

Now that I read this, yes she can be so annoying and smug that she likes to spend time telling her stories, but it can also be a way to rest her voice and not strain it so much for 2 hours straight. Obviously, when she speaks, she continues to make an effort, but not as much as singing.

Anyway is disappointing that one pays to see something that they do not fulfill (in my case Cher, I've never gone to a SN concert).
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-02-2024, 11:26 PM
WatchChain WatchChain is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 927
Default

For her February 28th show in New Orleans, Stevie once again added the song "New Orleans" to her set list.

Has anyone attended the last few Stevie Nicks shows? After the last song "Landslide", does Christine McVie's "Got A Hold on Me" play over the soundboard as the lights come up?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-03-2024, 01:04 AM
Hawkeye Hawkeye is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 4,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
For her February 28th show in New Orleans, Stevie once again added the song "New Orleans" to her set list.

Has anyone attended the last few Stevie Nicks shows? After the last song "Landslide", does Christine McVie's "Got A Hold on Me" play over the soundboard as the lights come up?

Crazy, she bookends her show by 2 songs by the only 2 celebrities I’ve ever truly been deeply emotionally effected by their death, not “quite” to the level of someone else’s knew personally but very very close.


Literally any other of the 50-100 celebrities (some have rip threads here in chit chat) are obviously sad as is all human death. But unless I know them the news of death doesn’t have that rotting gut feeling of hearing someone died (I hope I’m describing that right and that’s a universal feeling and I don’t sound like a crazy person)

But the news of Tom Petty and Christine made me feel dizzy with grief. Those 2 songs on each side of her set is the best “set list” choice she’s made in years.

I kind of like how long the TP tribute has dragged out. And honestly I hate that she keeps doing these big stadium/festival type shows, but If she’s doing them, free falling is great for these shows. I think 7 years is the cut off tho. The song and the montage must go in the very near future!
__________________
Never Dance with the Devil

He Will Burn You Down
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-03-2024, 01:05 AM
Straightback's Avatar
Straightback Straightback is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Within the wings of a storm
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Noit sure if anyone knows here, but she doesn't wear boots any more.
Not even all summer long?
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-03-2024, 01:50 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Posts: 15,813
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I kind of like how long the TP tribute has dragged out. And honestly I hate that she keeps doing these big stadium/festival type shows, but If she’s doing them, free falling is great for these shows. I think 7 years is the cut off tho. The song and the montage must go in the very near future!
Is this your first day here? Mama be milking til she drop like a fly.
__________________
Christine McVie- she radiated both purity and sass in equal measure, bringing light to the music of the 70s. RIP. - John Taylor(Duran Duran)
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-03-2024, 06:34 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightback View Post
Not even all summer long?
There is no reason for that song NOT to be in the setlist! It could be that the chorus is too high for her to handle.


But now she wears leg warmers over sneakers.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-03-2024, 06:36 AM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,081
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
For her February 28th show in New Orleans, Stevie once again added the song "New Orleans" to her set list.

Has anyone attended the last few Stevie Nicks shows? After the last song "Landslide", does Christine McVie's "Got A Hold on Me" play over the soundboard as the lights come up?
Yes, Got A Hold On Me does play after the band leaves the stage. It's not Learning To Fly anymore.

Stevie said she might keep New Orleans in her setlist now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks  Show  Concert Poster 12

Fleetwood Mac / Stevie Nicks Show Concert Poster 12"x18"

$12.95



Fleetwood mac World Tour charcoal short sleeve T shirt Unisex S-5XL NH9308 picture

Fleetwood mac World Tour charcoal short sleeve T shirt Unisex S-5XL NH9308

$27.99



Stevie Nicks 2024 Tour Local Crew Backstage Pass Concert Souvenir Fleetwood Mac picture

Stevie Nicks 2024 Tour Local Crew Backstage Pass Concert Souvenir Fleetwood Mac

$24.98



Fleetwood Mac Poster Tacoma Dome Original Lithograph Hand-Signed Bob Masse picture

Fleetwood Mac Poster Tacoma Dome Original Lithograph Hand-Signed Bob Masse

$39.99



1989 Fleetwood Mac Original Tour Program  #A990 picture

1989 Fleetwood Mac Original Tour Program #A990

$18.99




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved