Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:22 PM

http://www.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle...lbum-Book.aspx
Old 03-17-2017, 04:26 PM

New Fleetwood Mac Projects: Album, Book, and Farewell Tour?
Michael Leonard|

Mick Fleetwood
Fleetwood Mac’s Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie have talked more about their collaboration for a duo album they will release in the summer. The album also features Mick Fleetwood and John McVie, so – as it’s to be credited as a Buckingham McVie release – it simply points to its songwriters and singers. (In which case, most ‘70s-’80s Fleetwood Mac could have been Buckingham Nicks McVie! But anyway...)

Speaking with Uncut magazine in the UK, Buckingham says, “I’ve grown up a lot since the last time I really worked with [Christine]. I realised: ‘Oh, here I am, a completely different person. I’m a father of three children. I’ve been married almost 20 years. I’ve had my journey, and Christine has had her own journey.’”

McVie describes the collaboration as “an umbilical cord that can’t be broken. It just pulls you back.”However, she also reveals that the future of Fleetwood Mac is far from certain. “The 2018 tour is supposed to be a farewell tour,” she adds “But you take farewell tours one at a time. Somehow we always come together, this unit. We can feel it ourselves.”

Even so, Stevie Nicks recently told Radio.com she thinks it’s unlikely Fleetwood Mac will actually record together again.

“I don't think we'll do another record,” Nicks says. “If the music business were different, I might feel different. I don't think there's any reason to spend a year and an amazing amount of money on a record that, even if it has great things, isn't going to sell.”

Mick Fleetwood, meanwhile, has been at SXSW talking about his new book, Love That Burns: A Chronicle of Fleetwood Mac Volume One: 1967-1974, written about the days before Buckingham and Nicks (but partially featuring Christine McVie.) The lavish book focusses on the band’s formation and early days, in particular the mercurial talents of guitarist Peter Green, to whom Fleetwood dedicates the book. There will be just 2,000 signed copies published in September 2017 by Genesis Publications and it costs over £300. Wow.

Mick Fleetwood

Of the forthcoming Buckingham McVie album he plays on, Fleetwood said; “The crafting of the album became so specifically about Chris and Lindsey, really, some time ago. It came under the heading of music that had to come out. We had a lot of fun and Chris is full of vim and vigor, which in itself is mind-blowing. And I’m really happy for Lindsey, because this is what he most likes to do, putting something together. This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. And [the music] is really cool; I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one.”
Old 03-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
New Fleetwood Mac Projects: Album, Book, and Farewell Tour?
Michael Leonard|

Mick Fleetwood

Mick Fleetwood

Of the forthcoming Buckingham McVie album he plays on, Fleetwood said; “The crafting of the album became so specifically about Chris and Lindsey, really, some time ago. It came under the heading of music that had to come out. We had a lot of fun and Chris is full of vim and vigor, which in itself is mind-blowing. And I’m really happy for Lindsey, because this is what he most likes to do, putting something together. This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. And [the music] is really cool; I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one.”
It's not everyday one hears the phrase "vim and vigor."

Having Christine approach these last four years with a renewed sense of purpose has been far more than any of us could have expected. It's a dream come true.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post

Having Christine approach these last four years with a renewed sense of purpose has been far more than any of us could have expected. It's a dream come true.
It really is. She seems to be the exact opposite of Stevie. Wants to be in a band. Praises all of her band-mates. Thankful, humble, &classy.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:

Fleetwood said, "This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. And [the music] is really cool; I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one.”
Old 03-17-2017, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It really is. She seems to be the exact opposite of Stevie. Wants to be in a band. Praises all of her band-mates. Thankful, humble, &classy.
That's always been her image. And that's what I love about her.

In the past, when all five were committed to recording and touring together, the differences between her and Stevie helped ignite the chemistry. But now I regard Stevie's self-absorption with sadness.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Fleetwood said, "This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. And [the music] is really cool; I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one.”
Oh, yeah, I noticed that remark. It would also be a dream come true if it happened!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:

In the past, when all five were committed to recording and touring together, the differences between her and Stevie helped ignite the chemistry. But now I regard Stevie's self-absorption with sadness.
Christine has rarely needed that attention and accolades. The most important thing for her is the music. She never walked around with a posse or thought of herself as way more important that everyone else. She's had a legendary career doing that.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:

Christine has rarely needed that attention or accolades. The most important thing for her is the music. She never walked around with a posse or thought of herself as way more important that everyone else. She's had a legendary career doing that.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Christine has rarely needed that attention or accolades. The most important thing for her is the music. She never walked around with a posse or thought of herself as way more important that everyone else. She's had a legendary career doing that.
And she looks terrific in that new pic with LB.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That pic is so bad omg. Lindsey looks much younger in person and Christine's face just looks so strange there.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
They look so cute.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
That pic is so bad omg. Lindsey looks much younger in person and Christine's face just looks so strange there.
Really? I think she looks sexy there.
Old 03-17-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Really? I think she looks sexy there.
She's had so many looks over the years. This one is kind of sexy.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I agree, Lindsey looks fab but Christine looks like she has overdone the plastic surgery with a too severe eyebrow lift I think or some sort of work around the eyes.....it's a shame as I thought she looked amazing on the 2015 tour....