User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default New interview with M$ck Fl$$twood

What a lying SCUMBAG.

“We weren’t happy — [happy] sounds almost like too light of a word to use,” Fleetwood says of Buckingham’s firing. “It just wasn’t a happy situation anymore, really for everyone.”

https://nypost.com/2019/03/07/fleetw...-werent-happy/
Old 03-07-2019, 10:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
What a lying SCUMBAG.

“We weren’t happy — [happy] sounds almost like too light of a word to use,” Fleetwood says of Buckingham’s firing. “It just wasn’t a happy situation anymore, really for everyone.”

Dirtbag and charlatan extraordinaire.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What a lying SCUMBAG.

I just LOVE how they think they can speak on Lindsey's behalf! So he wanted to get fired? Because he wasn't happy.

And now they're happy, happy, happy!!!! I don't know how many times did he say it along this stupid interview. And finally, Stevie is happy. That's all I needed in my life.

I never wanted anything bad to happen to anybody in my entire life, but this four people surely ignited the worst in me. No mercy for them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down

Quote:
What a lying SCUMBAG.

yeah no wonder poor Mick is always bankrupt over and over - he doesn't know how to count even on one hand apparently, and he obviously can't tell time. 2 Buck songs? lmao. and almost 3 hour show? no Mick, that was with Lindsey. now you are doing barely a bit over 2 hours. you know, barely as long as Lindsey does solo on his own. and less songs now with 4 singers than Lindsey does solo. you are sad, pathetic and still lying bunch.

oh yeah and how can we forget this convenient history re-write - Buckingham joined the band back in 1974, he apparently came along for the ride with Stevie Nicks.

no thinking about tomorrow, just yesteryear of old, that's all now.

oh and apparently they afe all now these huge workaholics who never go on vacations.

here's the whole article pasted:

ENTERTAINMENT
Fleetwood Mac on booting Buckingham: ‘We weren’t happy’
By Chuck Arnold March 7, 2019 | 8:11pm

Fleetwood Mac, circa 1977: Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Stevie Nicks, Christine McVie and John McVie

“It gets lonely in these hotels,” says Mick Fleetwood, with a laugh when he gets on the line. So he’s more than happy to do a phone interview from Atlanta on a day off during Fleetwood Mac’s tour.

Co-founded by its namesake drummer in 1967, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame band — which will bring its “An Evening With Fleetwood Mac” show to Madison Square Garden on Monday and March 18, and the Prudential Center on Wednesday — will take a rest day here and there, but after 52 years, there are absolutely no plans to retire from the road.

“This is what we do,” Fleetwood, 71, tells The Post. “That really is where we’re at . . . In the past, when we literally never stopped, we never even thought of smelling the roses and going on a holiday or something. It was always straight in the studio, straight on the road.”

No doubt, Fleetwood Mac doesn’t stop thinking about tomorrow — even if it’s without Lindsey Buckingham. The singer-guitarist, who joined the group with Stevie Nicks in 1974, was unceremoniously booted from the group in April 2018. He was replaced by not one but two musicians: Neil Finn, former frontman of Crowded House (“Don’t Dream It’s Over”), and Mike Campbell, erstwhile guitarist for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.

‘It just wasn’t a happy situation anymore, really for everyone.’
Buckingham’s dismissal — over which he sued Fleetwood Mac (the lawsuit was later settled out of court) — was the latest drama for a band whose biggest album, 1977’s classic “Rumours,” was rife with it.

Still, the British-born drummer admits the split with Buckingham was complicated.

“It was a huge event in terms of the dynamic that affected everyone,” he says. “He’s been a major part of the story, which did start for me and John [McVie] in 1967 . . . We’ve been doing Fleetwood Mac storytelling, as it were, with 18 different people in Fleetwood Mac since we started.”

But you can still probably expect to hear such Buckingham-led hits as “Don’t Stop” and “Go Your Own Way” on tour.

We do a couple of Lindsey’s songs, in the same way as when Christine [McVie] was not with us . . . we would always do a couple of her songs,” says Fleetwood. “But it wouldn’t be appropriate to be banging out, like, 20 songs of Lindsey’s. The lucky thing is, we’ve got this feast of [material] between Stevie and Christine. A song shortage is not our problem.”

Indeed, even in their senior years, they’re not skimping on the set list.

We do nearly three hours of music,” Fleetwood says. “Mike was like, ‘Oh, my God, that’s way longer than Tom Petty ever did!’ Many facets have to be represented during the show, which is the story of Fleetwood Mac.”

Enlarge ImageMick Fleetwood of Fleetwood Mac performs in New York in 2014.

The set list also represents the musical pedigrees of Finn and Campbell with nods to their other work. Campbell, who previously collaborated with Nicks in her solo career — he co-wrote “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” her 1981 hit with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers — was the first one added to the post-Lindsey lineup and then Finn.

“Then, we knew we had a band that we felt was credible . . . with people who are hugely talented in their own world,” says Fleetwood. “We just lucked out, and it’s been really amazing in terms of a new band and a new dynamic.”

But some things remain the same, such as the way Fleetwood plays like a “maniac” on the drums. How does he still go hard for three hours at 71? Even when he’s not touring, Fleetwood says, “I keep playing, so physically I’m always in drumming shape. I keep fit. I have a trainer, I train every day. For the last 15 years, maybe a bit more, I don’t live life in the craziest of forms, as I was fairly well known to do. And you can’t do that anymore. You’re lucky to be surviving all that stuff.”

While it is on Fleetwood’s “wish list” that the band will eventually record some new music — they haven’t released a studio album since 2003’s “Say You Will” — he never gets sick of playing “Dreams,” “Little Lies” or any of those other old songs.

“I have no dread of any song,” he says. “[There are] some songs that I go, ‘Oh, boy, I better not screw this one up!’ and it’s a little bit of a challenge. But it would never be that I don’t want to do it. Ever.”

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Banding together
Lindsey Buckingham is the latest to go his own way from Fleetwood Mac, but he’s certainly not the first: The London-born band has had 18 different players in its nearly 52-year history. Here are some other members of the ex-Fleetwood club.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-07-2019, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

there's this one too, both Mick interviews are ahead of the NYC show - with Mick completely funnily jumbling up the mention of Lindsey's heart attack.

https://www.newsday.com/entertainmen...den-1.28108378

ENTERTAINMENTMUSIC

Fleetwood Mac hasn't stopped thinking about tomorrow
With two new members, the band brings its 50th anniversary tour to Madison Square Garden for two shows.

By Glenn Gamboa
glenn.gamboa@newsday.com @ndmusic
Updated March 7, 2019 6:00 AM

Mick Fleetwood remembers sitting backstage with Elton John, hearing about his plans for retiring from touring.

“He said, ‘No one believes me — not even my band,’ but as soon as my children are old enough to go to a proper school, I’m going to hang it up and be that parent that’s available for them,’ ” recalls Fleetwood Mac’s drummer and co-founder. “He’s keeping to his promise.”

It’s a question that a lot of Fleetwood’s contemporaries wrestle with. “For a while, the question was always: ‘Is this the Stones' last tour?’ But here they are going out again in grand style,” he says. “We have our own version of that in this band.”

And Fleetwood, 71, says there was a point last year when the members of Fleetwood Mac were battling about a tour that coincided with its 50th anniversary and wondering if it was time to hang it up as well.

ADVERTISING

“It was a huge deal that the band should change its dynamic this far down the road,” Fleetwood says. “We thought long and hard — though not too, too long because we knew we had to make our minds up. But we did some serious thinking about whether this was going to be end of the band really. We decided, the four of us, that was not going to be the case.”

Instead, Fleetwood, singer Stevie Nicks, singer-keyboardist Christine McVie and bassist John McVie decided to fire longtime guitarist Lindsey Buckingham, who joined the band in 1974 with Nicks, and replace him with Crowded House frontman Neil Finn and Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers guitarist Mike Campbell.

Even that surprising announcement last April didn’t end the band’s worries. “Then the joyride and the not-knowing ride of ‘this has to be the right decision’ begins,” Fleetwood says. “And it only becomes the right decision with the right chemistry and the right players.”

With the first leg of the tour successfully in the books, Fleetwood says the band is pleased with its new course, as its tour reaches Madison Square Garden for shows on Monday, March 11, and Monday, March 18. “We’re definitely all very happy,” he says. “We’re also blessed that the audiences have been beyond stellar and have come on this journey with the band on a level that’s beyond anything that we could have imagined. … But you can understand that going out at the beginning of this excursion, there was a lot at stake — a lot of musical integrity. We were just really incredibly fortunate we found two very talented gentlemen that fit incredibly well with the band and have a musical, fantastic story to tell in their own right.”

Of course, Buckingham may disagree, though the lawsuit he filed against the band in October has already been settled. “I’m not out there trying to twist the knife at all,” Buckingham told “CBS This Morning.” “I’m trying to look at this with some level of compassion, some level of wisdom.”

It’s a way of thinking that seems even more important as Buckingham recovers from open heart surgery in February that his wife says damaged his vocal cords. “It would be absolutely inappropriate if I didn’t briefly say that we are definitely relieved on many levels that he has prevailed with his health situation, with his heart attack,” Fleetwood says. “Obviously, it was a huge deal with the parting of the ways with Lindsey Buckingham.”

Fleetwood didn’t want to get into the details of the dismissal. “It’s no secret that many artists and bands have similar dynamics that they can’t talk about,” he says. “I mean look at The Beatles. … Things just happen. Some people are saddened. But rejoice in the fact that those elements in some shape or form all continued to do stellar work, as I’m sure Lindsey will in his own world and we will in our world. Life unfolds like that sometimes. We’re really enjoying the elements that we have now and the new dynamic. It’s a new day.”

Fleetwood says the band is enjoying its latest chapter, eager to try new things. They have already added “Don’t Dream It’s Over” from Finn’s band, Crowded House, and “Free Fallin’ ” from Campbell’s time with Petty into their sets. And they have brought Fleetwood Mac’s 1968 single “Black Magic Woman” back into its setlist, which Nicks rediscovered when Fleetwood performed it with his band in Maui.

“Stevie sees it and says, ‘Oh, my God, I love that song. I wanna do it,’ ” Fleetwood recalls. “And she did. And she does. It’s fun. It’s just a twist. It’s one of those songs that most people believe is not a Fleetwood Mac song. They would associate it with Santana. But it was written by Peter Green with John and myself back in the day with Jeremy [Spencer, from the band’s original lineup], so we have fun with that. And Chris gets a great rip around it. … A song like that gives her a chance to do something, in truth, that she hasn’t done in many years, which is get back to her roots and it’s of course very much in John and my backyard. And Mike couldn’t wait to be playing guitar on ‘Black Magic Woman.’ I think if there was any thought of not doing that song, I think Mike would have said, ‘You are not pulling that out of the set.’ ”

Yes, Fleetwood Mac hasn’t stopped thinking about tomorrow. “We’re very happy and we’re having a ball out here,” Fleetwood says with a laugh. “That’s something that we needed.”

WHO Fleetwood Mac

WHEN | WHERE 8 p.m. March 11 and 18, Madison Square Garden

INFO $119.50-$269.50; 800-745-3000, ticketmaster.com

EDGE OF HISTORY
Stevie Nicks is set to make history at the end of the month, when she becomes the first woman to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice.

Nicks was already inducted in 1998, along with the rest of Fleetwood Mac. And though she recently told Rolling Stone that she’s hopeful her second induction — this time for her solo career, which includes decades of hits including “Stand Back” and “Rooms on Fire,” as well as duets like “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around” with Tom Petty and “Leather and Lace” with Don Henley — will “open the doors for women to fight to make their own music,” it wasn’t something she planned on.

“I never wanted a solo career — I always wanted to be just in a band,” she told Rolling Stone. “But I just had so many songs! Because when you’re in a band with three prolific writers, you get two or three songs per album — maybe four. But I was writing all the time, so they just went into my Gothic trunk of lost songs. … To this day, I write all the time.”

Mick Fleetwood says all of Fleetwood Mac plans to be at the Barclays Center ceremony on March 29 to support Nicks for her honor. “I am really happy for her,” Fleetwood says. “She lives and breathes everything. I always go, ‘When are you going to take a break?’ But she is Like Bob Dylan, or some such creature, they never stop. … She has completely dedicated her life to her art and she’s very happy doing it. Getting her to go on a little holiday somewhere is like pulling teeth. But it’s all great.” — GLENN GAMBOA

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-07-2019, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

i just hope Lindsey sees none of this garbage and verbal diarrhea coming out of Mick's mouth.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i just hope Lindsey sees none of this garbage and verbal diarrhea coming out of Mick's mouth.
I can't imagine Lindsey wasting his time
looking for and through this type of garbage.

He knows Mick. By now I don't think he
expects better of him or the others.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

also, what a world of difference between these 2 Mick garbage interviews and the nice, respectful Mike Campbell video interview from the other day (21 questions).

Old 03-08-2019, 12:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Good lord, Mick is crap. This along with Christine's interview last month makes me nauseous.

Re: the firing: “It was a huge event in terms of the dynamic that affected everyone,” he says.--YOU THINK?

What I'd like to know is if the firing "affected everyone" (presumably negatively, since the wording hints at that) then WHY fire him? If it was such a huge deal and the band "wasn't happy anymore" what were the reasons for the unhappiness? IS the band happier without him? If so, what is the source of the happiness? And when Mick says "band" who and what does he mean?

Of course we can all read between the lines here and know who is ultimately responsible. But it's his prevarications and half-assed explanations that drive me mad. He wants to have the cake and eat it, too. He wants to please Stevie by firing Lindsey without owning the action, without giving a just cause for it.

Mick's slime. Until I hear a clear and valid reason for the firing, I won't think otherwise.

Last edited by aleuzzi; 03-08-2019 at 12:32 AM..
Old 03-08-2019, 07:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Good lord, Mick is crap. This along with Christine's interview last month makes me nauseous.

Re: the firing: “It was a huge event in terms of the dynamic that affected everyone,” he says.--YOU THINK?

What I'd like to know is if the firing "affected everyone" (presumably negatively, since the wording hints at that) then WHY fire him? If it was such a huge deal and the band "wasn't happy anymore" what were the reasons for the unhappiness? IS the band happier without him? If so, what is the source of the happiness? And when Mick says "band" who and what does he mean?

Of course we can all read between the lines here and know who is ultimately responsible. But it's his prevarications and half-assed explanations that drive me mad. He wants to have the cake and eat it, too. He wants to please Stevie by firing Lindsey without owning the action, without giving a just cause for it.

Mick's slime. Until I hear a clear and valid reason for the firing, I won't think otherwise.
Remember almost a year ago when he said "fire" was an ugly word....he's truly the most insufferable one of all.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Completely agree. The constant "We weren't happy" yet at NO time has he or anyone else ever said what they "weren't happy about". He knows what went down but because he is morally and financially bankrupt he has to tow the party line and spew constant BS. Just when you think he can't get any lower he keeps digging himself a deeper hole.
Old 03-08-2019, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

glad you're all so joyously happy Mick, for once in your lives I suppose.
….but all of this has made me very unhappy, Mick, and I don't think I can even look at you all the same ever again.
now that Lindsey's part of the other 18 or whatever members of Fleetwood Mac, why not assign him a number? y'know, we got rid of No. 5 because he drank too much, maybe Lindsey could be like No. 12.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Same 'ol line, We weren't happy. About what? He never gets into specifics. Because there are none.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 03-08-2019, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I cant believe you guys STILL don't get it.
When Mick says "WE" insert "Stevie"
Mick was not going to lose 10 million dollars if Stevie walked

How is any of this news or different than what was said before?
Old 03-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
“It was a huge event in terms of the dynamic that affected everyone,” he says. “He’s been a major part of the story, which did start for me and John [McVie] in 1967 . . . We’ve been doing Fleetwood Mac storytelling, as it were, with 18 different people in Fleetwood Mac since we started.”
No, Mick, I did not like this at all. He's obviously channelling "This is Spinal Tap"

Marty: Has he ever done this before? Has he ever....
David: well, no.
Marty; ...quit the band before?
David: No, but it's....you've got to understand that like in the world of
rock and roll there are certain changes that sometimes occur,
and you've just got to, sort of, roll with them, you know.
I mean you read... you read... you saw exactly how many people
who's been in the band over the years, 37 people's been in this
band over the years. I mean It's like, you know, six months
from now, I can't see myself missing Nigel more than I might miss
Ross McLochness, or Ronnie Pudding, or Danny Upham, or Little
Danny Schindler, or any of those, you know, it's...
Marty: I can't...I can't believe it. I can't believe it, you
know, that, you're lumping Nigel in with uh you know these people
you've played with for a short period of time...
David: Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy
sedation, but still in all, I mean you've got to be realistic
about this sort of thing, you know....
Marty: So, what happens to the band now?
David: What do you mean?
Marty: He's not coming back, or...?
David: No, we, we shan't work together again.