The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Do you think that....
Lindsey and Stevie are madly in love with each other 3 4.76%
Lindsey still loves Stevie, but Stevie doesn't love him 2 3.17%
Stevie loves Lindsey, but he doesn't love her 6 9.52%
Lindsey and Stevie absolutely hate each other 1 1.59%
Lindsey is happy with Kristen, Stevie is okay with that 10 15.87%
Lindsey and Stevie are as friendly as they ever intend to be 19 30.16%
Lindsey and Stevie are good friends 4 6.35%
Lindsey and Stevie only are around each other because they have to be. 18 28.57%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default What do you think...

A lot of fans seem to have opinions on this so......say what you think! (but not what you wish

Last edited by holidayroad; 10-20-2009 at 02:55 PM..
Old 10-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As much as this breaks my lil wild heart, Stevie and Lindsey are as friendly as they ever intend to be.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think they are about as close as exes typically can be. They wish the best for each other, but they secretly envy each other's personal successes at the same time. Lindsey probably loves the fact that Stevie became an old spinster while he has the beautiful little family. But I'm pretty convinced Lindsey has moved on emotionally, whereas I think Stevie definitely carries some baggage. If Lindsey (heaven forbid) suddenly becomes a widow, would they get back together? If Lindsey had his way, no. But I suspect that Stevie would want it. Badly.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
I think they are about as close as exes typically can be. They wish the best for each other, but they secretly envy each other's personal successes at the same time. Lindsey probably loves the fact that Stevie became an old spinster while he has the beautiful little family. But I'm pretty convinced Lindsey has moved on emotionally, whereas I think Stevie definitely carries some baggage. If Lindsey (heaven forbid) suddenly becomes a widow, would they get back together? If Lindsey had his way, no. But I suspect that Stevie would want it. Badly.
Only one way to find out!

(i'm going to hell)

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

I honestly think that Stevie and Lindsey are only around each other because they have to be. As everyone knows, and has been discussed to death in other threads, they both need FM. If they retired after this tour, I don't think that they would be in contact with each other. What would be the point? Stevie has made it clear in every interview that she gives that she and Lindsey are not friends.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't know what I think about these two, it changes daily from they're in it for the money to Stevie resents his happiness without her, but I know I think it's interesting that only 6/22 voters so far have responded with "Lindsey is in love with Kristen. Stevie is okay with that."
You're so like me
Old 10-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I honestly think that Stevie and Lindsey are only around each other because they have to be. As everyone knows, and has been discussed to death in other threads, they both need FM. If they retired after this tour, I don't think that they would be in contact with each other. What would be the point? Stevie has made it clear in every interview that she gives that she and Lindsey are not friends.
Maybe since anyone can talk about it as the main subject in this thread, they won't bring it up in others!
Old 10-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted Stevie and Lindsey are as friendly as they ever will be.

There's a thin line between love and hate, and I think they both straddled this line repeatedly. They'll never love each other without being lovers, which I think takes away the hate element too. Of course, they're never going to be the best of friends with the history they have, put I think age has made them more tolerant and they can cope being civil and friendly towards one another.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I think it's interesting that only 6/22 voters so far have responded with "Lindsey is in love with Kristen. Stevie is okay with that."
I think it's because Kristen is sorta the last thing you want to think about when discussing the relationship between these two, even if you're a LnK supporter. The real soap opera stuff is so much more alluring.

I'm thinking they're close in their own way that they understand. Like I think it's in LB's nature not to really call and chit-chat with Stevie when he's taking a break from the FM thing, but I feel he'd definitely be there for her if something happened in her life where she would need someone to console/speak to. And I guess that goes both ways because she's got her own life but I'm sure she'd be happy to lend him unwavering love and support if he needed it.

Breakups can be a mess, and there are those rare couples who can actually work it out and be totally cool with each other. Lindsey and Stevie are not in the minority...they had a hard break up and aren't quite on that higher level of maturity to see the brighter side of things. Sucks, but it's nothing new.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 10-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
They'll never love each other without being lovers,
I think just the opposite is true. I think it's easier to love each other without being lovers. I only think those flashes of hate flare up when there is lover tension. When you take out the sexual element, the underlying love born from decades of familiarity remains, less obscured by the drama of passion.

Michele
Old 10-20-2009, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think just the opposite is true. I think it's easier to love each other without being lovers. I only think those flashes of hate flare up when there is lover tension. When you take out the sexual element, the underlying love born from decades of familiarity remains, less obscured by the drama of passion.

Michele
I mean love as in the romantic sense. When people "ship" for them, saying they still love each other, I don't think that's true. They're won't be in love without being lovers. I think the reason they were in love was because of everything -- the sexual passion, the dream they shared. Outside of being in a relationship, I don't think they're in love anymore. I think even if they got back together they wouldn't be in love anymore, unless they had another dream they wanted to be a part of.

I hope this makes sense and you can understand my post-midnight ramblings.

Last edited by Black_Moon; 10-20-2009 at 06:31 PM..
Old 10-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
I don't know what I think about these two, it changes daily from they're in it for the money to Stevie resents his happiness without her, but I know I think it's interesting that only 6/22 voters so far have responded with "Lindsey is in love with Kristen. Stevie is okay with that."
I voted for this one. I think it's true. I do think that Stevie still has some feelings...or at least the feelings that she used to have are still with her. Lindsey, well maybe a little every now and then when the moment is right. But I think she accepts Kristen and Lindsey and Kristen are happy together.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll admit that I used to be a shipper- but not anymore!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I voted "Stevie loves Lindsey, but he doesn't love her". I think Stevie's never gotten over him (hence her constant discussion of him) and Linds moved on in the early to mid 80's.

- Spike
Old 10-21-2009, 12:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They're as friendly as they'll ever be but that is largely due to the fact that they aren't quite over each other. The love lingers, even if its pretty deep down in the throes of a musical argument or something of the like.

IMO.