The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default great career success but dismal failure in personal lives?

this is a mush-up of at least a couple of different interviews with some additional thoughts and audio thrown in. so i have no idea in which thread to insert it, and what the title says is an interesting thought to possibly debate. therefore it gets its own thread, for now.

http://oldies1017.com/The_Music_World.php

STEVIE NICKS: RELATIONSHIP WITH MICK FLEETWOOD EASIER THAN ONE WITH LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM

With industry sources buzzing about a new Fleetwood Mac album and tour in the works for 2014, nearly 40 years after coming together, fans of the band's classic lineup is as fascinated by them as ever. Having recently wrapped a sold out tour, and with word that Christine McVie will be rejoining the band after 16 years, Fleetwood Mac is buzz worthy in a way it hasn't been in a decade.

Stevie Nicks spoke to The New York Times about the men in the band -- one old friend, bassist John McVie, who was recently treated for cancer -- and two former lovers -- drummer Mick Fleetwood and guitarist Lindsey Buckingham. She revealed, "Mick Fleetwood and I are best friends. We were mad at each other for six months or a year after we broke up, and then were able to return to who we were before. My relationship with Lindsey Buckingham is never going to be that. When it’s all said and done and I’m 90 years old, maybe I’ll be able to figure that relationship out. John McVie I adore. I look after him as much as I can and make sure he puts ice on his back."

Lindsey Buckingham understands that the psycho drama between him and former lover Stevie Nicks -- not to mention the break-up of Christine and John McVie -- was the gasoline that ran the engine of the band, especially during the legendary Rumours album: "One of the real draws of Fleetwood Mac beyond the music in those earlier days was this musical soap opera. And it was a very literal portrayal of what was really going on behind the scenes. Y'know, you could certainly make a case for saying that we made a great deal of success on a career level but we were pretty dismal failures in our personal lives, for any number of years, y'know?"

AUDIO: LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM ON FLEETWOOD MAC BEING A MUSICAL SOPA OPERA

so - do people agree with the title? were these people dismal failures in their personal lives during their biggest success? i think LB is referring to failures at relationship level, but i would throw in all the cocaine and others drug use, too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"