The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default At what point were you ready for the new album?

I bought Rumours in September, 1977 and played it to death. The White Album was given to me as a Christmas gift in 1977 and I played it to death, along with Rumours. In the Summer of 1978 I announced to my family and friends that Fleetwood Mac is my favorite group and Stevie Nicks is my favorite singer. Both these albums were heavily enjoyed by me for a long time. In early 1979 magazines started reporting tidbits about the NEW FM album in production. Lou O'Neill from Circus Magazine reported the coolest tidbits on his "backpage" section. One of my favorite quotes from him came, I believe in March, 1979 that read, "wait till you hear a new song by Stevie Nicks called Sara."

At what point was I ready for the new album?

The music from the White Album and Rumours was amazing but by the Summer of 1979 I was totally ready for a new FM album.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tusk was a great album and I listened to it constantly but by September of 1980 I was totally ready for a new FM album.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mirage arrived in 1982 and I played it to death but by mid 1984 I was ready for a new FM album.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Tango In The Night finally arrived in 1987 and I played it to death but by early 1989 I was ready for a new FM album.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Behind The Mask arrived in 1990 and I played it to death but by 1991 I was ready for a new FM album.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say You Will arrived in the Spring of 2003 and I played it to death but by 2005 I was ready for a new FM album.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:13 PM
Supporting Ledgie

After The Dance, I wasn't sure we'd ever get another Fleetwood Mac album... In fact, I thought it would never happen. Say You Will came around... which now seems like ages ago... I'm starting to feel the way I felt then, that another album won't ever come.

PS... My earliest memories of Fleetwood Mac are hearing Gypsy, and Little Lies on MTV... I never knew Fleetwood Mac sang Gypsy until I saw it on the Dance VHS... Never knew it was them.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Say You Will arrived in the Spring of 2003 and I played it to death but by 2005 I was ready for a new FM album.
Viv...you are very clever...and so funny! I'm always ready for your next post!

Last edited by PenguinHead; 11-29-2010 at 11:03 PM..
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Say You Will came out in early '03... I was starting to get uneasy in '06 when Stevie was on her SECOND consecutive Summer tour without an album . I feared she and the band had slipped into a cashing in on the oldies phase, and sure enough, I was right.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:43 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I feared she and the band had slipped into a cashing in on the oldies phase, and sure enough, I was right.
Lindsey's actions of late (when it come to the band) sure don't back up his words on the subject, that's for sure.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

As a kid, I purchased The White Album, Rumours, Tusk & Mirage, as well as Bella Donna & The Wild Heart over several months in 1984, so Tango was the first FM album that I counted the days until it was released. I convinced myself that Stevie's songs were great (but I knew they weren't despite one pretty chord change in When I Sneeze You Again), thought Little Lies was a great pop single and I liked hearing all of their voices. Loved the remixes of Big Love with added Stevie vocals, Seven Wonders and Little Lies. Never liked Everywhere, which was so awful live; I preferred the live versions of Isn't it Midnight and Seven Wonders from the concert video to the album versions. By the the time I saw their Halloween night concert in Boston, I was ready for a new album. About six months after Behind the Mask, I was ready for a new album even though I prefer it to Tango's dated, synthetic sound. The day after I received an advance of Say You Will, I was ready for a new Stevie album after what LB did to Smile At You. I'm still waiting for my written apology.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I became a fan after Tusk had already been released and to me Mirage came along just in time. I had such anticipation looking forward to it. That was my first time I'd felt that fan eagerness for Fleetwood Mac.

I would say it was the long drought between Mirage and Tango where I was most ready for a new album. After Tango, I had no more hopes for the band together, so I can't say I was waiting for anything, not even when they played for Clinton, I didn't think they would reunite.

So, the Dance was like an unhoped for gift. Then, after that, I wanted a new album, but I never really believed that Christine wouldn't be on it. So, what I was waiting for was to hear that she had indeed climbed aboard. Still waiting.

But yeah, I was ready for a new album most desperately after Mirage and then in the years before SYW.

Michele
Old 11-30-2010, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Being that they used to release an album about every 6-10 months back in the first half of the 70's, I'm ready for a new Fleetwood Mac album about that same time frame. That's why I've been so pissed off at them since 1981. And, it's obvious where the blame lies. Hence my ever increasing dislike of those persons ever since.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Hence my ever increasing dislike of those persons ever since.
Sometimes I dislike John and Mick too.
Why do they make us wait so long???

Mick will sell no wine
before it's time.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Being that they used to release an album about every 6-10 months back in the first half of the 70's, I'm ready for a new Fleetwood Mac album about that same time frame. That's why I've been so pissed off at them since 1981. And, it's obvious where the blame lies. Hence my ever increasing dislike of those persons ever since.
Hell, I'd be happy with every 3-4 years!