User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
I was talking about part 3 of the interview when they were asked if they were planning on recrafting any of the songs, and what might those songs be. She just kind of made hand motions that reminded me of a flight attendant. Like saying don't even go there type of thing.
OH! Thanks for clarifying.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I don't think they would need to be quite so touchy feely with each other - "for the fans". You don't see John & Christine acting that way, for example. I mean, why would the fans suddenly be EXPECTING them to act lovey-dovey? I thought they couldn't stand each other for 20 years...lol

But, hey it is a debate that will go on for as long as they want it to, I guess...and that could be eternity...
Why S&L? Because they are Stevie and Lindsey. Chris and John didn't want to start the game. Because they are british? I don't know. I don't know if fans would have followed the game as with S&L.

Cause I do remember The Ledge during the Reunion tour in 1997, and there was a lot of theories about them (wishing) coming back. So many of us followed the game, as far as it was a game.
But as fairydust75 said, During Say You Will and Unleashed interviews you have none of that. So maybe the formula was too worn.

Anyway, as you say, it's a debate that will go on for eternity. how much real, how much show? We'll never know. I just add that many of us enjoyed that flirting during the show.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
I was talking about part 3 of the interview when they were asked if they were planning on recrafting any of the songs, and what might those songs be. She just kind of made hand motions that reminded me of a flight attendant. Like saying don't even go there type of thing.
Since english is not my native language, I got a bit lost on the "recrafting" phrase.
To clarify, Were Big Love and Say you love me kind of recrafted at The Dance?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
Why S&L? Because they are Stevie and Lindsey. Chris and John didn't want to start the game. Because they are british? I don't know. I don't know if fans would have followed the game as with S&L.
I thought Christine & John started the game...they had been married for a few years before SnL ever joined.

But, the point is that no one would have expected Stevie & Lindsey to be "flirting" with one another during this time in their lives. If anything, fans would have expected them to act more like Christine & John, courteous co-workers with a history.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lindsey's epitaph should include the quote "I was working on a solo record..."
Old 11-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Old 11-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepingDeath View Post
Fate has always been such a hideous bitch Goddess.
I think I may have found a new signature line.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe View Post
They look a bit stiff but that's just due to the sudden shock (as they reiterate in the interviews) of what was happening.
Lindsey Buckingham is trying his darnedest to be nice to Stevie Nicks, but she's curt & standoffish. She can be such a nice lady sometimes, & other times such a bitch. What is with her? All she has to do is stand there & play her stupid tambourine, & she gets millions for it, not to mention all the adulation. She acts so put-upon! Exscuuuuuuuuse us, Stevie.

Quote:
And, Christine did look too thin.
I don't think there's any such thing as "too thin." The other four look pudgy to me, like couch potatoes, whereas Chris looks sleek & controlled, like a speedboat.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 11-20-2010, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Lindsey Buckingham is trying his darnedest to be nice to Stevie Nicks, but she's curt & standoffish. She can be such a nice lady sometimes, & other times such a bitch. What is with her? All she has to do is stand there & play her stupid tambourine, & she gets millions for it, not to mention all the adulation. She acts so put-upon! Exscuuuuuuuuse us, Stevie.
I know! Damn her.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

I don't think there's any such thing as "too thin." The other four look pudgy to me, like couch potatoes, whereas Chris looks sleek & controlled, like a speedboat.
I really don't get Stevie's behaviour sometimes, contrast this interview with her actually on the The Dance DVD - she is so warm and just well normal. Was it the time of the month, who knows, but to have that attitude in the interview it just strange and offputting. Like others have said she is getting paid a pretty penny into the bargain - there is not so much to be down about.
Christine & John's behaviour should be an example to them.

Plus the thing she says about waking up one day and not being mad with any of them, excuse me Stevie but what have to been doing since the Dance - moaning about them all.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Lindsey is definitely too pudgy. He is not attractive. I dont' wish anorexia on him. As he ages, the less flattering thinness is on him, but looking like he did when the Dance started is not the answer.

His face had lost all definition and distinction and -- did he not comb his hair the entire time?

He dresseed to hide the extra weight as if he was not happy about it himself. It fell off as the tour progressed. Even by the RRHOF he looked different. He has kept those pounds off ever since and I am grateful.

I have nothing against weight on others, but it just did not suit him.

John and Mick are interesting in that they carry their weight mostly in their stomachs. Lindsey's face was fleshy. Obviously, he was almost 50 and the spread is just something that comes with age and it's completely natural, but he lost the weight quite easily, so I'm not ashamed to be critical of it when it was there. If he hadn't lost it, then c'est la vie. I wouldn't criticize in that case.

Michele
Old 11-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stephen Colbert did a lovely, empassioned act regarding his excitement over the impending royal nuptials and your comments remind me of that.

Stevie is being a very good reserved girl and very much playing the little sister role that she has described herself as having within the band. Obviously, Christine's presence makes her fill that role, because when it is just the 4 of them, she is less the little sister and more the family's . . . sexy aunt.

When she was dancing and apologized because she didn't realize the camera was still rolling, it reminded me of the Tusk photo shoot where Christine says to her, "what are you doing? Get back in the picture."

Stevie once said that when the 5 of them are together, they feel so beautiful and powerful, as if they are in a movie with all eyes upon them. One of the Carradine brothers said this too, that when the 3 Carradines were together, walking into a bar, they were tough and invincible. There's something magical about answering and feeling as one, about becoming "we" again, when you've been individuals apart. Watching it happen makes me feel both rich and tearful.

Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 11-20-2010 at 02:41 PM..
Old 11-20-2010, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Honestly, this is too good to be a joke. If I am still alive when it happens, I will deface the tombstone to make sure that gets put on there.

Michele
Old 11-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Just watched these. I agree Stevie and Lindsey seem "cozy" to say the least. Things are different now, obviously, but you gotta wonder if there wasn't something going on back in 1997 before he was a "family man."

The Brits are fun to watch, also. I too miss Chris. I never got to see the Mac as a five-piece live. I became a fan in 1998, just a tad too late.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Does anyone know the name of the interviewer?