Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2014, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Songs you must hear.

We all pretty much know what the set list is going to consist of, and of those songs which ones do you have to see them play?

1. Gold Dust Woman.
Beautiful song, one of my favorites and with Christine back I can't wait to hear that chorus. I repeat, I hope they don't have the back up singers helping with the chorus of this song. I just want to hear the three voices.

2. Sara.
Another one of my favorites and again with Christine back, I can't wait to hear her on piano for this song.

3. The Chain.
I don't think this would ever be omitted from a set list and it's definitely worthy. Another I can't wait to hear all five back on this one.

4. Not That Funny or I'm so Afraid.
Two of my favorites from Lindsey. I can't wait to hear Christine back on these as well.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
We all pretty much know what the set list is going to consist of, and of those songs which ones do you have to see them play?

1. Gold Dust Woman.
Beautiful song, one of my favorites and with Christine back I can't wait to hear that chorus. I repeat, I hope they don't have the back up singers helping with the chorus of this song. I just want to hear the three voices.

2. Sara.
Another one of my favorites and again with Christine back, I can't wait to hear her on piano for this song.

3. The Chain.
I don't think this would ever be omitted from a set list and it's definitely worthy. Another I can't wait to hear all five back on this one.

Two of my favorites from Lindsey. I can't wait to hear Christine back on these as well.
Is The Chain not one of your favorites?
Old 04-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'd love to hear Christine jam the piano part of Sara, but I'm afraid it's one that could be left out this time around. It's been in the setlist now since the second US leg of SYW. I will never get tired of hearing it, but I can see where it could be swapped out for something else if they're keeping GDW. I'm tired of that one and the 8min rendition from last year got to be a bit much.

I just want to hear Christine sing anything really. Songbird to close the show would be a dream come true having never seen the five of them together. I'll go regardless.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The one song I'd really like to hear this tour would be Over & Over. I realize it's a longshot, but that's my wish.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:35 PM
Registered

something from Christine that pre-dated the white album before the "original 5" from an album most fans have no idea existed and of course Rhianon for the 5 billionth time
Old 04-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Crystal" Stevie's "Practical Magic" version with all those wonderful keyboard parts..I think this is the way FM should perform if and not the LB version...
Old 04-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Even Lindsey fans don't want to hear Not That Funny for the nth time. I totally agree with them...and want something completely different off Tusk. He has even said What Makes You Think You're the One is among his favorite songs and he ranks it among his top five moments with the band....so why the hell hasn't he performed it in 30 years???
Old 04-06-2014, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Even Lindsey fans don't want to hear Not That Funny for the nth time. I totally agree with them...and want something completely different off Tusk. He has even said What Makes You Think You're the One is among his favorite songs and he ranks it among his top five moments with the band....so why the hell hasn't he performed it in 30 years???
don't get me wrong, i'd love to hear another great version of NTF if it would replace some other set-in-stone song in the setlist. but since there's no chance of that, i don't want the ONE different / deep cut song we have a chance to hear to be NTF, again. i'm with you on WMYTYTO, as you know. of course, that would be my 2nd choice, right after WATL. and i would be willing to bet we'll get neither. it will be IKINW, again.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-06-2014, 04:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Walk a Thin Line would be great...I just worry that because it's a slow song it might not even be on his radar. Lindsey's often the one who has to resort to his uptempo songs to counterbalance Stevie's songs. That's why we might hear Sad Angel again.

Any reason he goes with IKINW or Not that Funny from Tusk? It's not like either of them were hits...maybe the others are harder to get where he wants them to be live? Tusk was his baby...we've now heard all of Stevie's songs from that album live, who'd have thunk it?
Old 04-06-2014, 04:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Walk a Thin Line would be great...I just worry that because it's a slow song it might not even be on his radar. Lindsey's often the one who has to resort to his uptempo songs to counterbalance Stevie's songs. That's why we might hear Sad Angel again.

Any reason he goes with IKINW or Not that Funny from Tusk? It's not like either of them were hits...maybe the others are harder to get where he wants them to be live? Tusk was his baby...we've now heard all of Stevie's songs from that album live, who'd have thunk it?
yeah i think that's why it didn't have any chance to be in the set last year. Christine however has a good mix of different tempo songs, so not every LB song has to be mid-uptempo. but i have no hope for WATL, i know better now.

i hope they bring back Angel on this tour, out of SN's Tusk songs. plus that one is more upbeat so that would be a plus, considering the above discussion.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Angel would be fun. She used to dance during that song. It's not one of my favorite Stevie songs--I'd like to hear Beautiful Child--but it could breathe life into a set.

When you got him to play a verse from WATL, you asked him the night before. He said "No" right? Then, did he just surprise you with it the next day? I know some people might wish FM were like Dave Matthews with their concerts...every night a new show.
Old 04-06-2014, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Angel would be fun. She used to dance during that song. It's not one of my favorite Stevie songs--I'd like to hear Beautiful Child--but it could breathe life into a set.

When you got him to play a verse from WATL, you asked him the night before. He said "No" right? Then, did he just surprise you with it the next day? I know some people might wish FM were like Dave Matthews with their concerts...every night a new show.
no, he was probably hoping we'd give up. but we kept putting signs up the whole show with WATL as a request. you can see him in one of the videos from that night, when the encore time came and we yelled for WATL, a friend of mine said "do at least one line!", he points towards something on the stage in front of him (t-shirt with WATL verses) and asks "one line of... what?" and points towards the shirt. then he just starts singing it. so he did it because we wouldn't get of his case. when he was done, you can see him waving his head like "can't believe they just made me do this".

i've seen more than 10 different bands in concert last year. practically every one of them mixes their setlist a bit. it's not just Bruce. not just Dave Matthews. or Grateful Dead. some mix up their setlist more, some less. but they all change it somewhat from show to show, and they all gave a great fully polished show, it's not like their performances were crappy (like what i've heard of GD). some bands change between playing 2 different albums in full on consecutive nights.

Old 04-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well said. I don't get why it's such a problem with this band. It would sure help the world remember FM for more than just Rumours all the time, the only album the media asks about. Featuring Tusk and Tango somewhere, as well as so many of the great songs in the songbook (pre-1975), would only help the band's exposure and legacy. Maybe the other acts you mentioned have larger audiences/higher turnout....or are just plain smart and want to keep things engaging without having to play same old same old same order for 50 gigs in a row.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
"Crystal" Stevie's "Practical Magic" version with all those wonderful keyboard parts..I think this is the way FM should perform if and not the LB version...
^^^^ this ... to infinity and beyond
Old 04-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i hope they bring back Angel on this tour, out of SN's Tusk songs. plus that one is more upbeat so that would be a plus, considering the above discussion.
Seeing as from SYW on they've based a lot of the show around Lindsey and Stevie's chemistry/history, I'm surprised they never brought back Angel, seeing as it's the one song they actually used to sing together on the Tusk tour. Seems a natural to bring back.