The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:10 PM

^^^^ Awesome post. A lot of fun to read.

I had a slightly different take on SYW sessions. I felt like LB was stuck doing all the work. I actually felt uncomfortable when he slammed the door and left the room. It was like my mom and dad fighting.

Christine does make a huge difference with them. They admit it, we all know it. She's has always been the conduit. The road between Stevie and Lindsey goes through Christine. When it tries to go through Mick, trouble ensues.
Old 04-03-2014, 03:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I had a slightly different take on SYW sessions. I felt like LB was stuck doing all the work. I actually felt uncomfortable when he slammed the door and left the room. It was like my mom and dad fighting.
Oh, Lindsey certainly did most of the work. But I suspect that's the way he likes it. And as it should be. Hah!

There were certainly MANY uncomfortable moments. Let's hope they're at a minimum for the new sessions, because I'd hate for Christine to get frustrated and walk out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Christine does make a huge difference with them. They admit it, we all know it. She's has always been the conduit. The road between Stevie and Lindsey goes through Christine. When it tries to go through Mick, trouble ensues.
*grin*

matt
Old 04-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Senior Ledgie

I was pretty excited when I learned Linds/Chris were in the studio. And yes, I thought the same thing as most on the board -- Stevie just isn't needed until she comes to contribute her couple of songs, do some background vocals in that process. But the attitude on Destiny Rules does make a huge difference, and the fact that after SYW -- we went 10 years with no new music excepting some polished demo quality stuff last year, of which Stevie didn't contribute a ton to. It's telling.

Then I read the people magazine article with Chris in which says: "and the band may release a new album "down the road," she says."

So now I'm starting to think this studio time is more like making demos and working on Christine's chops with Lindsey more than something super serious. So my hopes went down a few notches here.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Then I read the people magazine article with Chris in which says: "and the band may release a new album "down the road," she says."

So now I'm starting to think this studio time is more like making demos and working on Christine's chops with Lindsey more than something super serious. So my hopes went down a few notches here.[/QUOTE]

I think many are reading way to much into all this. As we get closer to the tour we will get more information on the release. I doubt that Fleetwood Mac plans on going out on the road without a new album. Like I said in other posts there is a pattern with these 5. Stevie is on board.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyway I hate to see them blow this opportunity when they have Chris here by their side without a new album recorded.

Is most of todays recording are done digitally and some play and sing solo on tracks and digitally send them to the producer and get produced without seeing any of the people that are involve.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Having seen the film, I really don’t blame her for being hesitant to go back to the studio. Lindsey seems remarkably inflexible when it comes to working in the studio. I mean, I think most of the time, he makes great production choices. For example, “Thrown Down” was a very good song based on Stevie’s demos, but his production made it a great song [although I’m not sure Stevie would agree with that statement]. But he really lords over that mixing desk, doesn’t he? He clearly thinks his views on recording matter most. He makes no secret of it.

Lindsey certainly doesn’t look very happy in the film, either. I can see both of their sides, for instance, during the conversation about Stevie’s lyrics to “Thrown Down.” He’s right---she changes from first to third person. It’s a strange approach for a lyricist. But Stevie doesn’t let things like proper grammar fence her in. She makes the whole Dylan argument, which has merit, but really? Dylan? She’s comparing herself to a guy who’s arguably the best songwriter in rock history? She’s no Dylan, and neither is Lindsey. In her defense, though, did she get a chance to break down Lindsey’s lyrics? Because he’s written some clunkers over the years, too.

They have spent decades refining their respective abilities to push each other’s buttons, and they are just too good at it not to do it. And that has to be a remarkably frustrating experience for them both. They each clearly wanted something different from SAY YOU WILL. Or maybe, in some bizarre way, they wanted to arrive at the same place, but they wanted to get there going down different paths. Either way, it’s a miracle that the record was even finished.

I still think money is playing a much bigger role in the reunion for several of the band members, and I’m sure it’s at least a concern for them all, but Christine seems to genuinely want to be in this moment with the band. She’s having a blast, and she’s saying so.

I can only hope that her attitude spills over and affects the rest of the band. It could win Stevie over and make her feel like she has an ally, because we all know Christine has no problem calling a spade a spade. But Christine can also help Lindsey defend his side of things, too. I’ve always thought of her as the glue for this band, and she can still be that. No pressure, Ms. McVie. *wink*

matt

nicely put.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
So now I'm starting to think this studio time is more like making demos and working on Christine's chops with Lindsey more than something super serious.

Studio time at The Village is mighty expensive for some demos...
Old 04-03-2014, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
Studio time at The Village is mighty expensive for some demos...
Exactly!!!!!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Junior Ledgie

Stevie and Lady Antebellum's medley of "Golden" and "Rhiannon" at the ACM Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Q64fwoUGU