User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
So, can anyone (who has seen both the VH1 broadcast & the DVD) please answer my question?
As far as I know, Luke, the footage is the same. I don't remember much about the initial broadcast, but I don't seem to remember the DVD being promoted/marketed as containing "new" material.

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 11-05-2009, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
The All Access thing did have footage that didn't end up on the documentary. There's at least that one segment I recall where Stevie is telling Lindsey she knew he wouldn't like her song. So, it did have extra stuff not on the dvd.

As for the formal "Destiny Rules" that appeared on tv, that's the same as the dvd.

Michele
All Access had a lot of other stuff. I recall it was set up as interviews. Stevie was showing off her wardrobe, Lindsey was sitting in a trailer talking about the finished product, etc. It was all mixed in with old footage though, and a few backstage SYW snippets that weren't in DR. I believe Lindsey telling Mick about the flowers Christine sent was in All Access.

Speaking of extra footage - the SYW cd had a few clips - Stevie is recording and Lindsey asks her if everything sounds ok. She says, "Um, it could use more echo..." and then she adds coyly, "that's always going to be my answer, you know that..." Cute.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS6 View Post
so did you guys find the pipe passing clip?~ there was a ledgie on here, who i liked, but i think was banned along time ago, lux, i swear she posted the deleted footage of the pipe passing oh here, but it was awhile ago & i might be mistaken who posted it~ but lindsey sure ain't smoking a ciggy~

man i bet f mac has the best weed~

I found one of the old threads with the 'pipe clip' and added it to my post above. Here it is--it's not deleted footage but slowed down footage.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showth...y+smoke&page=3
Old 11-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Senior Ledgie

doesn't the 'all access' clip also have Stevie saying "of course you don't like it Lindsey, because I wrote it!" ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Old 11-05-2009, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
I really do love Destiny Rules. I cry at the end every single time I watch it, while Lindsey and Stevie hold hands and walk on stage together... I always feel ridiculous when I get that sappy over it, but its just so heartwarming to see after watching the rest of the documentary.
Agree, I also always get tears in my eyes at the end when they walk out on that stage holding hands...they love each other, deep in their hearts at least...

Old 11-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippilil86 View Post
doesn't the 'all access' clip also have Stevie saying "of course you don't like it Lindsey, because I wrote it!" ?
Yes, which is where I have to disagree with Michelej1's reading of this moment. I don't think Stevie is accusing Lindsey of not liking the song, but, rather, not liking that the song provide the title for the album -- because it would make the album a Stevie thing. Lindsey says something like: "of course you knew i wouldn't like it" and then clarified, I think, by saying something like: "it's not that it's your song, it just doesn't have the right feel to it" as a title for the album (The irony is that, to me, Gift of Screws and Say You Will are the perfect titles for this album).

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
As far as I know, Luke, the footage is the same. I don't remember much about the initial broadcast, but I don't seem to remember the DVD being promoted/marketed as containing "new" material.
Thank you. Its been so long that I probably wouldn't even remember what would be "new" or not anyways. I should pick the DVD up!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
Yes, which is where I have to disagree with Michelej1's reading of this moment. I don't think Stevie is accusing Lindsey of not liking the song, but, rather, not liking that the song provide the title for the album -- because it would make the album a Stevie thing. Lindsey says something like: "of course you knew i wouldn't like it" and then clarified, I think, by saying something like: "it's not that it's your song, it just doesn't have the right feel to it" as a title for the album (The irony is that, to me, Gift of Screws and Say You Will are the perfect titles for this album).
That whole discussion was sorta funny when Stevie told LB she knew he wouldn't like it and he kinda laughed and said, "Well, of course you did!" Then she just bluntly said, "Well think of something else then." LOL. The look on her face. Typical...
Old 11-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
(The irony is that, to me, Gift of Screws and Say You Will are the perfect titles for this album).
I am a huge SN fan but I always felt the title of the album should have been STEAL YOUR HEART AWAY.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I am a huge SN fan but I always felt the title of the album should have been STEAL YOUR HEART AWAY.
Well, if I would choose, it would be "What's the World Coming To"

But, since we're on the subject, the only other album to use a song title as the album title is Tango in the Night - and Lindsey freaking left - maybe that's what the big fight was all about!!!!!
Can you see it? Stevie runs across the room to choke him over the title being his song and so years later pay back is her song gets to be the title. LOL!
Old 11-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Well, if I would choose, it would be "What's the World Coming To"

But, since we're on the subject, the only other album to use a song title as the album title is Tango in the Night - and Lindsey freaking left - maybe that's what the big fight was all about!!!!!
Can you see it? Stevie runs across the room to choke him over the title being his song and so years later pay back is her song gets to be the title. LOL!
Um...Tusk....
Old 11-05-2009, 09:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Um...Tusk....
Crap. I kept thinking and thinking.... long day...
Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Crap. I kept thinking and thinking.... long day...
That's ok. I see where you were trying to go.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Um...Tusk....
Hey! Tusk held up its own set of controversies
Old 11-06-2009, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Speaking of extra footage - the SYW cd had a few clips - Stevie is recording and Lindsey asks her if everything sounds ok. She says, "Um, it could use more echo..." and then she adds coyly, "that's always going to be my answer, you know that..." Cute.
Yes, you know it's so inconvenient to "watch" a CD that I think it's been 5 years since I've seen that stuff.

Michele