The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:38 PM
Junior Ledgie

Perhaps it was that the screen wasn't overly flattering. I'm not trying to convey that I thought she wasn't good or anything - she was brilliant, especially on Gold Dust Woman
Old 11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.uk View Post
Could someone please load me up that 12 bore - I've a messenger to shoot!

She looked fine from where I was!
I totally agree Steve!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:05 PM
Senior Ledgie

When I saw them on Sat night at Wembley Lindsey was def. drowning out Stevie and at one point she turned sideways to Lindsey and said 'turn it down' and did a downsign with her palm facing downwards. shame

She didn't look like she was on medication, but she didn't look really happy on Sat night, and she did forget the words on one song, and came in late on another - but to me she was and always will be bril. I quite like seeing a few non-perfections - makes them human!!!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
I quite like seeing a few non-perfections - makes them human!!!
I couldn't agree more. Even with some flaws, they all manage to perform very well, the band sounds great and Stevie has such a lovely smile when something goes wrong, it's adorable.

Do Mick or John ever make mistakes or is that "creative freedom"? I've never heard about John or Mick missing their match.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Review: Fleetwood Mac, at the NIA, Birmingham
Nov 4 2009 By Andy Coleman

It is rare for a rumbling bass guitar riff to get one of the biggest cheers at a concert but it happened when John McVie played those famous notes of The Chain, introduced to a whole new audience thanks to its use as the theme tune to TV’s Grand Prix racing coverage.

And, just like an F1 car, Fleetwood Mac got off to a flying start as they took the audience on a Greatest Hits trip. The Chain, the second track of a 22-song set, was followed by Dreams and a rockin’ I Know I’m Not Wrong.

Frontman Lindsey Buckingham explained: “We’ve got no new album to sell so we’ve decided to do the songs we love – and we hope you love them too.”

While 60-year-old Lindsey provided the hard-edged rock ‘n’ roll, former girlfriend Stevie Nicks, a year his senior, enchanted with her more ethereal tunes.

Rhiannon and Gold Dust Woman were highlights of the two-hour 20-minute show, while at the end of Sara, Nicks and Buckingham hugged, a sign that time has healed the rift between them.

The duo may be in the spotlight at the front but the power is at the back of the stage in the shape of 63-year-old McVie and towering 62-year-old drummer Mick Fleetwood, who provided the muscular rhythm for another show-stopper, the mighty Tusk.

When it comes to guitar maestros, however, it’s hard to top Buckingham who played a blistering solo at the end of I’m So Afraid.

He had the stage to himself for Big Love, a song, he explained, that was written as an ensemble piece but has evolved into a solo performance.

Drummer Fleetwood encored with a madcap solo before a rip-roaring finish of Don’t Stop which had the sold out crowd singing along.

The Mac are well and truly back.

http://www.birminghampost.net/life-l...5233-25093212/
Old 11-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Review: Fleetwood Mac, Birmingham NIA
Wednesday, November 04, 2009, 08:00

MIDDLE aged rocking is something of an art and Lindsey Buckingham has it down to a tee.

The Fleetwood Mac frontman still has the legendary guitar skills that first caught the eye of Mick Fleetwood and John McVie in the seventies, while strutting his stuff within appropriate bounds.

Stevie Nicks still knows how to have a good flail and wail, too.

I had doubts about this show if truth be told and especially after a rather pedestrian version of The Chain early on.

Buckingham, along with Stevie Nicks, also murdered Dreams shortly after, both opting for a more rock flavoured vocal on the classic tale of lost love and relationship breakdown.

But as this Brum gig progressed ("I love yao", shouted one rocker), their voices softened, with Nicks soon finding the ethereal vocal qualities which have endeared her to fans for decades.

Buckingham also began to harmonise well in his pained and emotional tones, which lay bare the torment of this famous couple, most evident on the classic album Rumours.

As the band indulged in offerings from the Tusk album, the chemistry between Nicks and Buckingham began to delight the crowd.

Sara, one of the highlights of the entire show, finished with the pair embracing before Nicks walked off stage, much to the delight of the capacity crowd.

Landslide was one of her personal highlights, sitting well in the set and featuring just Buckingham on acoustic guitar to accompany.

The classic jam Tusk had people bopping in the aisles with the band's jerky movements and shadows heightened by a fine visual show.

Other highlights included Gold Dust Woman, with Fleetwood on drums setting the perfect dreamy mood, while changing sticks to bang on a large gong behind his kit.

Fans of the bluesier side of Fleetwood Mac were not disappointed either and it was at these junctures that the audience were treated to the truly expansive playing of Buckingham.

Throughout the night, the "backbone" of Fleetwood Mac (Mick and John on drums and bass respectively) showed just how crucial they are to the sound too and their accomplished playing was just as awe inspiring as Buckingham's lead or Nicks' vocals.

By the time Go Your Own Way and Don't Stop had finished, the Mac were left to soak up the adulation after an accomplished performance.

They still have enough of the magic in their music, even if their looks and enigma have faded slightly over time.

Michael Greenwell

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/en...l/article.html
Old 11-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Gypsy-Rhiannon
This message has been deleted by Gypsy-Rhiannon.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FLEETWOOD MAC : Birmingham NIA
Nov 8 2009 by Paul Cole, Sunday Mercury

JUST as many 60-something musicians are looking forward to retiring to their country piles with nothing but the memories and royalties to keep them company, Fleetwood Mac have dusted off their tambourines, trimmed their facial hair and reunited for another tour.

With no new album on the horizon, arguably rock’s most dysfunctional band took to the stage at the NIA for a two-and-a-half hour powerhouse performance packed with anthems from their extensive back catalogue.

Brushing aside the band’s past personal problems with a sweep of her fringed shawl, Stevie Nicks stepped on stage alongside namesake drummer Mick Fleetwood, bassist John McVie and all-round guitar hero Lindsey Buckingham, who ran around the stage with the energy of a teenager.

Buckingham’s impassioned playing on songs such as Big Love proved a hit with the bloke standing next to me, who slapped on his air guitar at the first strains of opener Monday Morning, and resolutely refused to put it down until the band had said their final farewells.

Nicks’ ethereal tones took a little while to warm up, meaning Dreams from famed album Rumours fell a little flat on what was one of the final UK gigs of the band’s world tour.

Her voice soon gathered pace in time for a sultry version of Rhiannan and peaked with a beautiful rendition of Landslide.

With lyrics lamenting the passage of time, it seemed to strike a chord with the mainly 40-plus audience.

With local girl Christine McVie missing from the current line-up, mega-hit Everywhere was notably absent from the set list, but a smattering of hits including Go Your Own Way, Sara and Tusk didn’t leave anyone feeling short-changed.

The band ended their marathon show with a triumphant version of Don’t Stop, the anthem famously adopted by Bill Clinton while on the campaign trail to the White House.

Based on their performance, The Mac could certainly count on a few thousand audience votes should they ever enter politics.

KAT KEOGH

http://www.sundaymercury.net/enterta...6331-25109886/
Old 11-09-2009, 01:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

CHECK OUT THE BEAUTIFUL PHOTOS FROM THIS SITE:

http://www.gigjunkies.com/?p=1344
Old 11-09-2009, 01:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

They really are gorgeous! Especially the black and white ones. Thank you so much for the link
Old 11-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Ledgie

Ah Birmingham. My first ever FM gig!

It still doesn't feel real that I have actually seen these guys in the flesh!
Birmingham was an awesome gig, I paid to sit 21 rows back and yet I got right to the front of the stage (Lindsey's side) and shake Lindsey's hand!

After lurking on the boards for awhile and reading reviews from other gigs it seemed like there wasn't much energy(?) going on between the band, but I wasn't disappointed, they were all on fire!

I managed to get a few good pictures, which I'll post as soon as my internet quits playing up and lets me load photos
Old 11-11-2009, 04:49 PM
Ledgie

My pictures (I didn't realise until I uploaded them how mnay actually came out ok)...

Old 11-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Great pics. I was right in front of you
Old 11-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Ledgie

Old 11-11-2009, 05:07 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
Great pics. I was right in front of you
I remembr briefly talking to someone before the band came on, so it might've been you
Old 11-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutTheBlameOnMe View Post
I remembr briefly talking to someone before the band came on, so it might've been you

Ooh, very nice photos! Thanks for sharing them.

Michele