The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't forget, guys.....they're all in their 60's now.....it's not as easy!!
Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
BB King plays over 250 dates a year, EVERY year...and he's closing in on 90 AND, he's diabetic. Now, what's Stevie's bitch?? She has to go on tour for 100 shows every 6 years?? Gimme a break.

Just shows who has "paid their dues" and who hasn't. You CAN be a "mega-star" and still have a ton of "back dues" left unpaid.
I was just starting to see her pov until you posted this...um, you are seriously right. There are so many artists older, less healthy, who tour longer and no doubt use more energy.

But everyone deals with aging differently. And it would be less interesting if she didn't have something to complain about. You have to admit it...

OT: I was just thinking about Chuck Berry. I don't know how old he is now, but he's pretty darn old...and that man can ROCK and works hard. And he didn't have an easy life either. I kinda just love him to death.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 05-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
BB King plays over 250 dates a year, EVERY year...and he's closing in on 90 AND, he's diabetic. Now, what's Stevie's bitch?? She has to go on tour for 100 shows every 6 years?? Gimme a break.

Just shows who has "paid their dues" and who hasn't. You CAN be a "mega-star" and still have a ton of "back dues" left unpaid.
I saw BB last year, he was great! I think another big difference between he and Stevie is you can tell he genuinely LOVES what he does still. He's grinning from ear to ear the whole time he's on stage. He chats it up with the audience, jokes, and is genuinely jovial to still be at it, and grateful for his run. He's still putting out new material like clockwork. Stevie looks like she'd rather be having a root canal than be on stage, and then whines and bitches in the press about how hard and not fun it is, and about how there's no point in recording new material because it won't sell. She's just never seems grateful for people like us supporting her for 4 decades, and doesn't seem like she's in it for the right reasons anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still adore her, or I wouldn't be here. I just can't understand her attitude. She travels the world performing for tens of thousands of adoring, lifelong fans each night, she stays in the best 5 star hotels the world has to offer, shops without ever having to look at a price tag again, travels in the comfort of a private jet, and when it's all over she gets to go home to her multi-million dollar mansion. Just what exactly is there to be ungrateful about??
Old 05-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I saw BB last year, he was great! I think another big difference between he and Stevie is you can tell he genuinely LOVES what he does still. He's grinning from ear to ear the whole time he's on stage. He chats it up with the audience, jokes, and is genuinely jovial to still be at it, and grateful for his run. He's still putting out new material like clockwork. Stevie looks like she'd rather be having a root canal than be on stage, and then whines and bitches in the press about how hard and not fun it is, and about how there's no point in recording new material because it won't sell. She's just never seems grateful for people like us supporting her for 4 decades, and doesn't seem like she's in it for the right reasons anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still adore her, or I wouldn't be here. I just can't understand her attitude. She travels the world performing for tens of thousands of adoring, lifelong fans each night, she stays in the best 5 star hotels the world has to offer, shops without ever having to look at a price tag again, travels in the comfort of a private jet, and when it's all over she gets to go home to her multi-million dollar mansion. Just what exactly is there to be ungrateful about??

I am NEVER one to knock Stevie, but you are right. ALOT of the rest of us are having SERIOUS problems right now, Trying to work two jobs just so you can pay your medical bills, and then having to hear someone COMPLAIN about being a "Rock STAR" is ridiculous. I dont care HOW OLD YOU ARE. SOME people in their 60's are still breaking their backs, because they have to. I am tired of all the touring anyway, and wish shed just finally do something different with the MAJORITY of her time. I know we have gotten afew things in the last 8 or so years, the deep dish and stand back remixs, soundstage, the videos finially released ect, but i always wonder what else would be going on if she wasnt touring EVERY year.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Supporting Ledgie

They could very easily play one gig...and have 2 days off after each gig. They could still pull of a dozen or more shows a month that way.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I could see Stevie last week in Dallas, I was near the stage. She looked tired, then I immediately remember comments at the Is Stevie Nicks dragging Fleetwood Mac's tour around? thread at Stevie's forum. I think that saying "looked half-awake" or "barely follow the tune's clip" is unfair, to me she tried to do her best, but yes she was kind of lack of energy, though she didn't move during GDW or Rhiannon as she didi in the past, she did her spinning dance at Stand Back. Her voice was very good, imho, but nevertheless her eyes looked tired. Probably the tour is exhausting.

Lindsey didn't look tired at all. He performed excellent and full of energy. Mick didn't look tired, and John well he is always quiet so I can't say.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:31 PM
Registered

They can book as many/as few shows as they want. Stevie just wants to have her cake (as many $200K+/nt paydays as possible) and eat it too (complain complain complain). Not surprising at all.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
well, there was that 6 in 8 night stretch between Washington D.C and Toronto1 March 10-17. I'm not pretending to know exactly what they deal with, but I went to all 6 of those shows, on the Greyhound, some with 2 nights with 0 sleep and I'm still alive. But then again, Im nuts anyway...
My first thought was... that schedule is gonna kill DavidMN... lol...
Old 05-04-2009, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
I am NEVER one to knock Stevie, but you are right. ALOT of the rest of us are having SERIOUS problems right now, Trying to work two jobs just so you can pay your medical bills, and then having to hear someone COMPLAIN about being a "Rock STAR" is ridiculous. I dont care HOW OLD YOU ARE. SOME people in their 60's are still breaking their backs, because they have to. I am tired of all the touring anyway, and wish shed just finally do something different with the MAJORITY of her time. I know we have gotten afew things in the last 8 or so years, the deep dish and stand back remixs, soundstage, the videos finially released ect, but i always wonder what else would be going on if she wasnt touring EVERY year.
Thank you~~~~~~
Old 05-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Advice to Stevie: Quit.

Advice to Mick: Call Bob, Billy, Rick, Bekka, etc. I'm certain any one of them or all would be more than happy to go on the road with more enthusiasm, and they wouldn't bitch about the schedule either.

Matt
Old 05-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just goes to show, she is in it for the money and not for the joy.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
Advice to Mick: Call Bob, Billy, Rick, Bekka, etc. I'm certain any one of them or all would be more than happy to go on the road with more enthusiasm, and they wouldn't bitch about the schedule either.

Matt
and sell 200 tickets? yeah mmkay no thanks.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Maybe she finally realizes that giving up motherhood and trading off finding herself a true love for her "rock n roll lifestyle" wasn't worth it afterall. Let's face it - she gave up such a huge part of being a woman that honestly, she really didn't have to do. Every other hard working female in the music business has either gotten married and/or had children. NOBODY works harder and is more committed to their career as Madonna - yet despite putting out new CDs and touring every other year, she STILL managed to get married and have 2 children (not to mention the other 2 she adopted). This whole "there was no time" nonsense is a royal copout. Stevie has put out 2 new CDs in the past 20 years and yet she had no time? Please.

She's an old single woman who is probably very unfulfilled in her life. You can have all the money in the world, but if you're not truly happy inside, it isn't going to matter. It is quite obvious that she's unhappy at this point and who could blame her? It's obvious she doesn't want to tour anymore. It's clearly not fun for her anymore. She's no longer relevant in the music industry and that reality is probably sinking in. When she quit the drugs in '93, she really should have spent some time focusing on herself and her personal life. Her career was in the tank and she was no longer the darling of rock n roll. She was still young enough to have kids and have a real family. But she chose to release and tour off of Street Angel instead and then do nothing until The Dance.

So many years have gone by and she seems to have done a whole lotta nothing. So, if she's irritable and blaming her schedule for being tired or blaming her fans for stealing her music, can you fault her? It's probably a lot easier to blame the world for your problems than to face the reality that you might have wasted the majority of the past 20 years of your life....
Old 05-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Counting OSOTM, it would be three solo records in 20 years..

"Or maybe she's a witch, who transcends the boundaries of time and space, and traveled back to 1981, for her own reference."
Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
and sell 200 tickets? yeah mmkay no thanks.
Well, I'd rather see Bekka singing back-up to Faith Hill than the current, bitter Stevie.

Side note: Bekka has written some stand-out songs for Faith.